Misty Eyed Movie Moments

jaguars4ever

The only film we ever got to see was Schindler's list when I was in ourequivalnetofhighschool. Some goverment guys had gotten the idea into their heads that kids nowadays had forgotten about the holocaust so they gave Spielberg about a 100million dollars to get to show it in every school in the nation.

It did start a big "you ramble on about something that happened 60years ago, but when people get slaughtered in 3rd world countries today you just turn a blind eye" thing in the media so I guess it wasnt all wasted.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

When the bastard Anarkin wiped out the Jedi Temple and the kids, I had a near misty eyed moment, albeit not quite.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

When the bastard Anarkin wiped out the Jedi Temple and the kids, I had a near misty eyed moment, albeit not quite.

They had to pick the cutest kid to talk to him..... *sniff*

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I did have a misty eyed moment. Actually, that entire section with

the Jedi getting all killed off

had me misty eyed.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Losing Wilson was one of the saddest moments in movie history as far as I'm concerned.

Shawshank Redemption was an emotional ending, for all the right reasons. Few stories have made me cheer for the main character so much. Andy was such a rock solid character who tried his best to make the best of the situation, and to see him get out and feel the rain of freedom upon him was great. In fact, Shawshank was a very emotional movie period. The poor old guy who just wasn't ready for the world anymore and hangs himself in the halfway house. It was sad/neat to see Red get the exact same apartment, and leave his mark beside his old friend. And in the end, he reunites with his old friend on the Pacific, ooo....getting goosebumps just thinking about it :D

When that no good rotten prick Anakin died..err almost. Gave me tears of joy. He fell into the lava, and I was all "Take THAT you bastard!" Yeah, the people who ran the theater didn't really let me back in after that...

Also when Bambi dies. I was watching it with my neice, and I hadn't seen it in ages. I got a tear in my eye when Bambi's Mom said: "Man has come to the forest." And then Bambi with the "Mother? We made it mother! We're out of the meadow! Mother? MOTHER!??"

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

IMO that scene would have been better if you saw the kids crying or vader swinging his saber towards one of them but not actually seeing any carnage

It had far greater impact the way it was done.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

First time I ever remember getting really teared up was when watching "Glory" for the first time.

Oh my...how could I have forgotten that one. That one had the tears rolling down my cheeks in rivers. Not huge sobs, but the waterworks just wouldn't shut off.

About half of that movie wasn't very good, IMO, tho....but the half that was good, was really good....and it helps that I'm a US Civil War buff I suppose. :blink:"

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I remember watching the animated version of Watership Down, and at the end where Hazel passes on made me very sad.

It was a happy kind of sad though.

I can't stand rabbits in real life, but damn if I don't love those rabbits in Watership Down. They're like heroes!

Damnit, I want to watch the animated movie now. Years have passed since I last saw it.

I found the scene where Trinity died in Matrix Revolutions was able to make me sufficiently misty eyed... she was the only decent person in the whole trilogy!

Also, the scene where Wong's partner (can't remember his name now) gets killed in the car bomb in Wu Jian Dao 2... so sad!

Hang on...

Mr. Metadigital? You saw The Notebook? Out of choice? :) Good God man! Have you gone mad!?!? :huh:

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I remember watching the animated version of Watership Down, and at the end where Hazel passes on made me very sad.

I can't stand rabbits in real life, but damn if I don't love those rabbits in Watership Down. They're like heroes!

Damnit, I want to watch the animated movie now. Years have passed since I last saw it.

I remember seeing this as a kid at the cinema and crying my eyes out, and the song, 'Bright Eyes', was a big part of it. I have wild bunnies living under my room (having burrowed down from the grassy bit outside), and the babies are outside the window grazing as I write this. Very, very cute!

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

First time I ever remember getting really teared up was when watching "Glory" for the first time.

Oh my...how could I have forgotten that one. That one had the tears rolling down my cheeks in rivers. Not huge sobs, but the waterworks just wouldn't shut off.

About half of that movie wasn't very good, IMO, tho....but the half that was good, was really good....and it helps that I'm a US Civil War buff I suppose. :-"

... and Denzel "The Dreamboat" Washington is in it :-"

I found the scene where Trinity died in Matrix Revolutions was able to make me sufficiently misty eyed... she was the only decent person in the whole trilogy!

Also, the scene where Wong's partner (can't remember his name now) gets killed in the car bomb in Wu Jian Dao 2... so sad!

Hang on...

Mr. Metadigital? You saw The Notebook? Out of choice?  :blink:  Good God man! Have you gone mad!?!?  :o

My partner recommended, bought and sat with me through it. I thought it was a beautiful film, but very, very sad. (beauty + sadness is a difficult concept to express, so few do it properly.) Dementia is something that we all will encounter in our lives (and I don't mean visiting the LA forum :-" ).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh, I just remembered the last scene in Cinema Paradiso! That one is powerful, extremely touching and bound to overflow some tear canals. Highly recommended movie too.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I remember feeling sad when Simon Birch accidentally killed off his Ashley Judd's character, who was easily the person Simon admired the most. Poor kid....finally says screw it and swings at a pitch, and kills one of the very few people that always treated him like he wanted :)

Was reminded of these sad movie moments:

I cried during Xian dai hao xia zhuan (also known as Heroic Trio 2: Executioners)... I have much love for this movie and its predecessor :geek:

I also cried for Michelle Yeoh in Wo hu cang long (also known as Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon) and at the end for Ziyi Zhang...

:)

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Rabbits are a tasty part of a nutritious diet.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmm, lets see...

The charge at the end of The Last Samuri.

Aw, man - that charge was so sad. All those heroes so cowardly cut down by the chain gun. :(

I'm rather embarrassed to say that I cried during that scene too.

Also cried each of the times I watched Braveheart.

Outside of movies, Eponine's death in Les Miserables tended to make me cry, whether on CD or in performance (saw the Toronto performance).

I believe I cried during Raise the Red Lantern, too.

None other occur to me at the moment.