Misty Eyed Movie Moments

jaguars4ever

When Baloo died in Jungle Book (the more accurate, live action version).

The funeral scene in Finding Neverland (didn't help we saw this a week or two after my mum died).

When no one would leave Edward alone and he eventually had to kill in Edward Scissorhands.

The ending to Sin City

when Hardiggan shot himself.

I <3 Johnny Depp in a totally platonic way.

<edit>

The Last Unicorn ... and a lot of Hans Christian Anderson tales.

I forgot this one in my initial list. That was truly sad.

And if TV shows count,

I was totally bawling my eyes out when Spike Speigel got killed

at the end of Cowboy Bebop,

and when I totally though the major got her head blown off and was out of action for good

in the second to last episode of Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex.

</edit>

Did anyone mention the movie Life is Beautiful?That was one of the most touching movie I saw.

I wept.. tears of joy, when they finally shot that annoying little bastard Benigni.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

In Millenium Man when Little Miss dies.

It's Bicentennial man, but that's irrelevant. I've been wanting to write that one down, I swear. :D

Also when the father dies, when he makes up with Andrew and such.

:'(

Gotta stop reading this thread :-

Just moments ago when I was playing Q3 with my old 1337 crew, I managed to rail our

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Disney's Beauty & the Beast, when Beast saved Belle from the wolves and then collapsed, I sniffled.

End of Empire Strike Back (I was a wee lass then) I shed some tears but no sniffling - same with end of Return of the Jedi and the whole Luke/Vader/Anakin thing..

End of Wrath of Khan when Spock dies I was near sobbing.

Braveheart - even tho it's ending was pretty over the top (the rest was great tho), it still got to me.

Rob Roy in a couple spots made me tear up a bit.

Lots more, can't think of 'em off hand. Not too many in the last several years, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's Bicentennial man, but that's irrelevant.

You are right, of course. I stand corrected.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Disney's Beauty & the Beast, when Beast saved Belle from the wolves and then collapsed, I sniffled.

Really? Me, it was the part toward the end where he "dies". I knew it was a Disney movie, and therefore there's no way they would have killed him off ("Little Mermaid", anyone? Yeah, that was TOTALLY like the original story... <_< ), but I bawled nonetheless.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Quiet, you.

And stop insulting me! :lol:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Really? Me, it was the part toward the end where he "dies". I knew it was a Disney movie, and therefore there's no way they would have killed him off ("Little Mermaid", anyone? Yeah, that was TOTALLY like the original story... <_< ), but I bawled nonetheless.

Disney have been ripping off old tales (expecialy Hans) for quite some time.

I like to see then trying doing The Little Match Seller Christmas story ...

drakron.png

It's not the ripping off old tales I have issues with per se, it's the fact that they're butchering them by tacking on a happy ending. I will admit I am a sucker for a happy ending, but not if it means detroying a perfectly good tragic story.

Let's see... Ariel and her prince live happily ever after vs. Ariel commits suicide.

Yeah, that TOTALLY sounds like the same story.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

I didn't cry at that point in the movie...I sniffled.

I was really impressed with the whole 'sacry wolf pack' scene in terms of Disney animation etc. and then he comes charging in to rescue her - loved how he wasn't super-beast in that instance and collapsed.

The end made me sniffle too, but didn't effect me the same emotionally. :)

And I hated what they did to the Little Mermaid's ending. I refused to see it in the theater because of that - finally rented it once...couldn't stand it. At least B&Beast they tried to make a little darker.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I like to see then trying doing The Little Match Seller Christmas story ...

..or better, yet. The Tale of the rose-elf where the girl digs up her dead lovers severed head, puts it in a flowerpot in her room and plants roses in it.

Thats some weird sh*t.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was dragged to see Monster-in-Law with a friend (I honestly owed her like the BIGGEST favour ever and so wouldn't have gone otherwise) and as soon as it started and I first saw J Lo's annoying face I was overcome with tears...

Not sure why... Oh, the tears are coming back just thinking about it... :blink:

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

... There's only one movie which can make me cry .. and it baffles me why to this day (and I kid you not) it's "Impact" .. drag me through the most tear-wrenching movies you got, and I will come out dry on the other end.. but put on "Impact" and I'll weep like a baby!  :blink: .. And I have no idea why!

funny thing is .. I think it's a ****ty film!

That is probably down to the environmental cues being deployed by the director (rousing music into a crescendo etc); you're just a Pavlovian dog salivating for your dinner!

... End of Wrath of Khan when Spock dies I was near sobbing.

Braveheart  - even tho it's ending was pretty over the top (the rest was great tho), it still got to me. ...

Yep, every time I watch the eulogy I can't stop crying. Braveheart was very ott, but I still found it moving.

Schindler's List

when Wilson was lost in Cast Away

Wuthering Heights: Larry's performance is superb. Every time.

Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile.

Frankie & Johnie

Planes, Trains & Automobiles, when Neil Page finally confronts Del Griffith at the train station.

I was oddly very sad, and yet very pleased, when Ali Macgraw finally gave us peace in Love Story.

A lot of Anthony Hopkins movies, especially Shadowlands

Oh, and I sobbed in hysterical fits all the way home in the back of my friends car, from the scene with the mass graveyard in Normandy, at the end of Saving Private Ryan, though that was the first thing I did after giving the eulogy at my father's funeral (he was a soldier in WWII, so it was too close to the bone).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There's this 80s French movie from Quebec called "La guerre des tuques", and which was later translated to "The Dog Who Stopped The War".

Now that made me bawl.

(The dog dies. Sorry to ruin the ending.)

Come to think of it that was probably the first movie that made me cry without me being a "baby".

Another movie is My Life with Micheal Keaton. The scene at the end with his father and the rest of the family. I always shed a tear. Anybody remember that?

And the end of The Barbarian Invasions.

Another movie is My Life with Micheal Keaton. The scene at the end with his father and the rest of the family. I always shed a tear. Anybody remember that?

And the end of The Barbarian Invasions.

Yep, seen Mr Keaton in My Life, thought similar.

Not sure about the Barbarian Invasions, but certainly Spartacus (the original with Kirk Douglas, naturally) was very moving when they all stood up and said "I'm Spartacus!". Then the Romans crucified the lot of them, to set an example. >_<

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

First off, I don't really "cry". Teary-eyed, most definitely. But not until later on (definitely not while a teenager).

First time I ever remember getting really teared up was when watching "Glory" for the first time. At the end, when the Black regiment who volunteered to lead the charge (knowing that most of them wouldn't make it) is marching through the rest of the White Union army, and get nods from previously racist and hateful soldiers. That just was huge.

Since then there's been a few moments.

Couple spots in "Braveheart", "Shawshank Redemption", "Rudy", a spot in that movie (forget the name) with DeNiro as the hurt deep-sea diver trainer and Cuba Gooding Jr as a trainee, end of "A Few Good Men" with Harold and Cruise's character (after the trial is over), more that I can't really think of.

The one that's most consistant, however, is "Fellowship of the Ring", and parts of the other films. First off, I admit I'm a fanboy. Mostly because I didn't think they could ever be made into quality films. Couple spots are:

1 - When showing the effect of Gandalf's fall on the rest of the Fellowship outside Moria. The music and the visuals get me almost every time.

2 - When Boromir dies.

3 - When Frodo pulls Sam into the boat at the end.

4 - In Two Towers, Sam's "Great Stories" speech while walking through the woods: "I was being serious, Mr. Frodo." "So was I Sam, so was I."

5 - The charge of the Rohirrim toward's Helm's Deep got me the first time for some reason.

6 - "My friends, you bow to no one." in Return of the King.

For those, it's most assuredly the combo of the music and the scene. The LotR soundtracks are the only soundtracks I own, as well as the only music "without words" that I own (big time 80's hard rock fan).

I notice a tendancy for my misty moments to be either times when one person earns another's respect, or bravery in some sort of battle (or the sadness afterwards), or leading up to the battle. Probably typically guy-ish emotional moments, I guess.

Come to think of it that was probably the first movie that made me cry without me being a "baby".

Ha! I knew there'd be a Canadian on here who'd know which movie I'm talking about!

They used to cram the entire school in the gym so we could watch that movie. I find that unusually cruel. Perhaps the teachers enjoyed watching all the kids cry over a dead Saint Bernard.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------