So the Emperor has a lightsaber

What I dont get is. Wait, first of all I haven't read any spoilers so I have no idea what's gonna happen except that somehow Anakin becomes Darth Vader and I wanna keep it that way. :"> (!) Ok, with that out of the way, what I dont get is how is that Palpatine/Darth Sidious looks all old and freaky like he does in Episode VI? I thought that had something to do with age, not some ability to voluntariliy make oneself old and freaky :wacko:

what I dont get is how is that Palpatine/Darth Sidious looks all old and freaky like he does in Episode VI? I thought that had something to do with age, not some ability to voluntariliy make oneself old and freaky  :wacko:

The DS of the Force has that physical effect on whoever uses it, especially the "darker" you become. And there's not many more darker than the Emperor was.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I assume the old emperor had a light saber, but just doesnt need it anymore, one who has that much control over the force i surspect hardly need those things, i think it was mentioned somewhere that the emperors power were so great before he fell that he could read much of the future, through the force and counter the rebels through those means.

Would surspect that one with so much control over the force doesnt really need a light saber to battle, at that stage.

Its a honest fact many of my powerful characters in games or roleplay at some stage became so powerful they dident need anything aside from their raw powers.

Also said in the movie HERO that the final stage of a warrior he doesnt need a sword any longer his stage is so strong he only need his hands.

And KI as they call it in Kung fu is strong enough to break bricks even iron, its been shown in documentri and martial art presentations, it that possible in real world, then it wouldnt be to of to assume at some stage you become so powerful in the force you only need it and not a weapon.

Boy, he's ugly.

Boy, thats RIGHT. But its not the point!(the next has nothing to do with you:)

WHY THE HELL, LUCAS GAVE THE EMEROR A LIGHTSABER? YOU SEE, WHEN I SAW YODA FIGHTING DOOKU, I WAS DISAPOINTED.Yoda is not a MELEE fighter. HE HAS WISDOM BEYOND ANY FIGHT!!!!!!! THAT FIGHT, AND PROBABLY THE NEXT FIGHT WITH THE EMPEROR, WILL BE THE ULTIMATE LAME THING IN THE WHOLE SW UNIVERSE! Where is the whol f****g phyolosophy????? Now the movie is closer to the modern action movies. RIP Star Wars. F*** you, Lucas. I feel sorry for you.

Oh, I' m out of the trance state and I'm sorry if I offended someone. Except Lucas. Thats my post.

You are right.

But I wasn't dissapointed with the Dooku fight. Dooku was empowered by the Sith Lord and therefor Dooku felt stronger then ever.

Their knowledge of the force was equal so they had to decide the contest with their skills with the lightsaber, Yoda was much stronger and Dooku ran away like a chicken (dont worry, he wont live for long).

I liked the fight with Yoda, because he didn't took his lightsaber at the start. He only used it to defend himself, it's Dooku who started the lightsaber fight.

This way, we discovered new powers of the lightside, deflection and obsorbtion.

Notice that Yoda never attacked, and notice that his lightsaber style is unique, noticed that Dooku used Obi-wan and Anakin to escape and that Yoda choosed to save them instead of striking Dooku down. This fight had a morale.

I think that the fight with the Sith Lord won't be just lightsaber dualing.

Maybe it's not even his lightsaber, if it's Yoda he's fighting the dual can't be decided by the knowledge of the force :blink:

Still, one thing I won't like, that Yoda didn't kill him.

But I still look at EP4, 5 and 6 as a seperate trilogy.

Notice how Lucas managed to ruin the EP6 DVD movie :rolleyes: .

ah-teaser_promo02.jpg

how about this very cool picture of Anakin Skywalker !!!!!!

He has Obi so thoroughly owned at that point. I can't see how he possibly comes back from that... :lol:

Alas, it must be Obi-Wan's uber special "I'm-getting-so-absolutley-pwned-by-Darth Maul, Count Dooku or Anakin-I'm-natually-going-to-win-some-how-due-to-Murphy's Law" power. :rolleyes:

manthing2.jpg

ah-teaser_promo02.jpg

He has Obi so thoroughly owned at that point. I can't see how he possibly comes back from that... :lol:

Alas, it must be Obi-Wan's uber special "I'm-getting-so-absolutley-pwned-by-Darth Maul, Count Dooku or Anakin-I'm-natually-going-to-win-some-how-due-to-Murphy's Law" power. :rolleyes:

Dang obi always catch a lucky ride out of it, except ep4 :cool:

ah-teaser_promo02.jpg

Dang obi always catch a lucky ride out of it, except ep4 :cool:

Some would say he wan't entirely unlucky. ;)

manthing2.jpg

what I dont get is how is that Palpatine/Darth Sidious looks all old and freaky like he does in Episode VI? I thought that had something to do with age, not some ability to voluntariliy make oneself old and freaky  :rolleyes:

The DS of the Force has that physical effect on whoever uses it, especially the "darker" you become. And there's not many more darker than the Emperor was.

What Omedarcus meant is that Palpatine while in the role of the Chancellor looks A LOT fresher and also doesn't have YELLOW eyes.

That indeed has to be explained by the movie.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

what I dont get is how is that Palpatine/Darth Sidious looks all old and freaky like he does in Episode VI? I thought that had something to do with age, not some ability to voluntariliy make oneself old and freaky  :rolleyes:

What Omedarcus meant is that Palpatine while in the role of the Chancellor looks A LOT fresher and also doesn't have YELLOW eyes.

That indeed has to be explained by the movie.

Dont think Yellow eyes have alot to do with it, vader has some in one of the teaser or trailers as i recall, and most sith have so, Christofher Walken had to in that clip thou i wonder if he will be in movie at all.

But a 70-80years old emperor in ep after 3 is probaly less agile as he was in his 60years, despite the force.

In Ep3 Chancellor Palpatine will have an appearance. We will see whether he looks the same as in Ep2 or if he already looks rotten like the Emperor.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Let's end this. The pic is official. I saw it in the trailer provided to me by kumquatq3. Sorry if you thought that I can post the trailer somewhere. PLUS, the mentioned trailer isn't top quality, so - dont be sad. My thanks to kumquatq3.

Guys, guys, guys, Don't forget about the context of what your seeing.

This is the End All Be All of the Jedi Knights. Ths Sith are taking over. I don't care how Wise you are, how Manipulative you are, This is the time when the uber-powerful fellas come out of their philosophical shells to lay some good ol fashioned smackdown onto each other.

The Jedi will be fighting for their existience. The time for wisdom and peacful solutions has passed...

Guys, guys, guys,  Don't forget about the context of what your seeing.

This is the End All Be All of the Jedi Knights.  Ths Sith are taking over.  I don't care how Wise you are, how Manipulative you are, This is the time when the uber-powerful fellas come out of their philosophical shells to lay some good ol fashioned smackdown onto each other.

The Jedi will be fighting for their existience.  The time for wisdom and peacful solutions has passed...

And it's all Jedis fault.

Boy, he's ugly.

Boy, thats RIGHT. But its not the point!(the next has nothing to do with you:)

WHY THE HELL, LUCAS GAVE THE EMEROR A LIGHTSABER? YOU SEE, WHEN I SAW YODA FIGHTING DOOKU, I WAS DISAPOINTED.Yoda is not a MELEE fighter. HE HAS WISDOM BEYOND ANY FIGHT!!!!!!! THAT FIGHT, AND PROBABLY THE NEXT FIGHT WITH THE EMPEROR, WILL BE THE ULTIMATE LAME THING IN THE WHOLE SW UNIVERSE! Where is the whol f****g phyolosophy????? Now the movie is closer to the modern action movies. RIP Star Wars. F*** you, Lucas. I feel sorry for you.

Oh, I' m out of the trance state and I'm sorry if I offended someone. Except Lucas. Thats my post.

Yes because every Jedi Master like Yoda can talk their way out of every fight :thumbsup:

You are a fool to be honest and have made me laugh quite hard. If he had too much wisdom for a fight then he wouldnt of gone to geonosis!!! Of course he would have to fight. Dooku draws his lightsaber first and yoda draws his in defence, that is the philosophy!!

Enough said <_<

Wow, the Darth Sidious has a lightsaber. Tell me something that I don't know. I knew this almost 4-5 months ago.

Hum let's see.......

You didn't know that I just ate a burger from Mcdonalds..

hehe sorry had to type something

Don't mind Tyrell. He very often loves to tell us all the vast amounts of knowledge he has as compared to us mere mortals :-

That pic is fake.

Emperor Palpatine does not have a lightsaber.

If he does in EP3 then George Lucas made an awful mistake.

Darth Vader: "This is his lightsaber."

Emperor Palpatine:"Ah yes, a Jedi's weapon."

Hate to dissapoint you but that is his lightsaber, it is not a fake pic.

By just spending a little time at the starwars.com forums you find out alot about the plot of the movie including:

SPOILER

Darth Sidious and Yoda fight with lightsabers and the force

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

That pic is fake.

Emperor Palpatine does not have a lightsaber.

If he does in EP3 then George Lucas made an awful mistake.

Darth Vader: "This is his lightsaber."

Emperor Palpatine:"Ah yes, a Jedi's weapon."

Hate to dissapoint you but that is his lightsaber, it is not a fake pic.

By just spending a little time at the starwars.com forums you find out alot about the plot of the movie including:

SPOILER

Darth Sidious and Yoda fight with lightsabers and the force

If you watched the teaser you see that the pic is taken from the teaser video.