So the Emperor has a lightsaber

Luke searched for a great warrior, because the Jedis looked like warriors in his imagination. Luke didnt know what a true jedi is, so he thought that Yoda must be a great warrior.

If Yodas lightsaber dance was there only to prove that battles arent always avoidable, then I can agree with you and Lucas. But in this case it was just a matter of personal opinion. My notion of Yoda was build upon the OT and the EP2 battle contrasted deeply with it. Maybe someday I'll accept the new directions...

If you continue to use phrases like "ignorant fool" then no one will continue to answer your posts.

Ok listen, sorry u felt flamed, I dont usually attack ppl in posts, thing is I just can't stand when ppl have these opinions burned into there head about Star Wars lol and then Lucas adds something to his story and everyone tries to say no Lucas...ur wrting ur story wrong! But you seemed humble in ur response to my pretty flamable post, so it's all good....I don't really care what ppl think of me though on this forum, but consider this my apology for being such a ****, but I had the saem opinion os yoda from the old trilogy as u did, and ep2 was like whoa....but....I always wondered what yoda would be like in a lightsaber fight, I always thought he had one and used one, just not often, same with Sidious....so this Yoda/Sid fight has been long awaited in my mind...I think it will be brilliant, much better than the Yoda/Dooku one......Ultimate of All good vs Ultimate of All Evil

*Every* Jedi has a lightsaber, they have to construct one to become a Jedi...

I can only assume that  Yoda was a young Padawan once, so hence the lightsaber

No one actualy rejects that Yoda had a lightsaber. The discussion is up to decide is it proper or not for him to USE it since everything we knew abou Yoda from the OT.

Ok listen, sorry u felt flamed, I dont usually attack ppl in posts, thing is I just can't stand when ppl have these opinions burned into there head about Star Wars lol and then Lucas adds something to his story and everyone tries to say no Lucas...ur wrting ur story wrong! But you seemed humble in ur response to my pretty flamable post, so it's all good....I don't really care what ppl think of me though on this forum, but consider this my apology for being such a ****, but I had the saem opinion os yoda from the old trilogy as u did, and ep2 was like whoa....but....I always wondered what yoda would be like in a lightsaber fight, I always thought he had one and used one, just not often, same with Sidious....so this Yoda/Sid fight has been long awaited in my mind...I think it will be brilliant, much better than the Yoda/Dooku one......Ultimate of All good vs Ultimate of All Evil

Well, Satasn, to be honest - I'm a real fanatic sometimes. First time, I enjoyed the fight betven Yoda and Dooku too. It was marvellous! I'm pretty sure, that everyone wants to see the most powerful charcaters in duel and thats not so bad. I have nothing against "armed emperor" (we can assume that the special effects were expensive and 'cause of that we didn't see him with lightsaber in EP6:) but its not the same with Yoda. You see, he is cute. I wanted him to be the mentor, the wise jedi who understood that most fights are meaningles.... But I live with the OT. Now I see - fight betven the emperor and Yoda is inevitable.(BUT THE FIGHT BETVEN DOOKU AND YODA - I'LL NEVER ACCEPT IT:).

That pic is fake.

Emperor Palpatine does not have a lightsaber.

If he does in EP3 then George Lucas made an awful mistake.

Darth Vader: "This is his lightsaber."

Emperor Palpatine:"Ah yes, a Jedi's weapon."

yes he does have a saber but he doesnt used it often. im not sure if he heven has it anymore in the times of luke and leia. but who do u think taught maul? of course he has one but like i said he doesnt use it. he prefers to use the force

Both Yoda & the Emperor reserved the lightsaber as a last resort.

Yoda didn't even draw his lightsaber until after Dooku challenged him. In "The Empire Strikes Back," Yoda was just teaching Luke, so he didn't really need a lightsaber.

As for Return of the Jedi, the Emperor was....overconfident. :)

For all Americans not totally opposed to teenyboppers or bland pop music, MTV's TRL will be showing the trailer tonight @ 5pm.

Of course, you'll probably have to sit through Christina Milian, Destiny's Child, Britney Spears and God knows what else, first :)

I have the trailer if anyone can host it or something so everyone can see it I'll send it to you

btw, if it was still in question, he does have a lightsaber in it

edit:

may be something wrong with the file or it may be my stupid computer....

need to do some more testing before i post the link again...

edit2:

i am told it's working, so here you go dudes and dudettes!

http://zachbraff.spscripts.com/thread.php?...99259b8d322ee89

It seems that most people think they know Star Wars better then Lucas

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

That pic is fake.

Shut UP.

It's so fake that it's IN THE OFFICIAL TRAILER

http://www.the-trades.com/trailers/ep3.html

offically crappy

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

That pic is fake.

Would you like some help removing your foot from your mouth, or can you handle that on your own?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That pic is fake.

Uhhh, nope. That pic is official, guy. Straight from the official teaser trailer. Sidious will be wielding a lightsaber in episode III.