So the Emperor has a lightsaber

ah-teaser_promo01.jpg

carry on

That "screenshot" seems like a montage. Don't be fooled by the tricks of the Dark Side, young ones....

you people are idiots.

1) this came off of TV, so it's not a spoiler. Next time you see a commerical you could see it and it's spoiled anyway.

2) It came as a teaser teaser to access hollywood. I saw it myself then it was vidcapped and put online. There are videos at the link I provided to theforce.net

It's not a spoiler, and it's not freaking fake. In fact, here's a present from me to you.

Vid link. You can see he is violently swinging his saber. No photoshopping here buddy.

http://www.the-trades.com/trailers/ep3.html

ah-teaser_promo01.jpg

carry on

That "screenshot" seems like a montage. Don't be fooled by the tricks of the Dark Side, young ones....

you people are idiots.

1) this came off of TV, so it's not a spoiler. Next time you see a commerical you could see it and it's spoiled anyway.

2) It came as a teaser teaser to access hollywood. I saw it myself then it was vidcapped and put online. There are videos at the link I provided to theforce.net

It's not a spoiler, and it's not freaking fake. In fact, here's a present from me to you.

Vid link. You can see he is violently swinging his saber. No photoshopping here buddy.

http://www.the-trades.com/trailers/ep3.html

I have never seen this shot before, so i'm commenting just the posted one. If it was commercial, then I can only thank you for the info.

It's true, we already knew that the emperor will fight in EP3, but his lightsaber was never confirmed before(except for lightsaber.com). That gives us the right do discuss.

That pic is fake.

Emperor Palpatine does not have a lightsaber.

If he does in EP3 then George Lucas made an awful mistake.

Darth Vader: "This is his lightsaber."

Emperor Palpatine:"Ah yes, a Jedi's weapon."

yes he does have a saber but he doesnt used it often. im not sure if he heven has it anymore in the times of luke and leia. but who do u think taught maul? of course he has one but like i said he doesnt use it. he prefers to use the force

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Boy, he's ugly.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That pic is fake.

yes he does have a saber but he doesnt used it often. im not sure if he heven has it anymore in the times of luke and leia. but who do u think taught maul? of course he has one but like i said he doesnt use it. he prefers to use the force

Absolutely agree.

That pic is fake.

that I'll agree with. In Ep6 he's probably about 80 years old and much more frail. And as Obi Wan and Yoda showed, lightning doesnt do much against a fully trained and armed Jedi. At that point Vader was the brawn, emperor the brains. Just cause he didnt use one then doesnt mean he NEVER used one.

Boy, he's ugly.

Boy, thats RIGHT. But its not the point!(the next has nothing to do with you:)

WHY THE HELL, LUCAS GAVE THE EMEROR A LIGHTSABER? YOU SEE, WHEN I SAW YODA FIGHTING DOOKU, I WAS DISAPOINTED.Yoda is not a MELEE fighter. HE HAS WISDOM BEYOND ANY FIGHT!!!!!!! THAT FIGHT, AND PROBABLY THE NEXT FIGHT WITH THE EMPEROR, WILL BE THE ULTIMATE LAME THING IN THE WHOLE SW UNIVERSE! Where is the whol f****g phyolosophy????? Now the movie is closer to the modern action movies. RIP Star Wars. F*** you, Lucas. I feel sorry for you.

Oh, I' m out of the trance state and I'm sorry if I offended someone. Except Lucas. Thats my post.

Boy, he's ugly.

WHY THE HELL, LUCAS GAVE THE EMEROR A LIGHTSABER? YOU SEE, WHEN I SAW YODA FIGHTING DOOKU, I WAS DISAPOINTED.Yoda is not a MELEE fighter. HE HAS WISDOM BEYOND ANY FIGHT!!!!!!! THAT FIGHT, AND PROBABLY THE NEXT FIGHT WITH THE EMPEROR, WILL BE THE ULTIMATE LAME THING IN THE WHOLE SW UNIVERSE! Where is the whol f****g phyolosophy????? Now the movie is closer to the modern action movies. RIP Star Wars. F*** you, Lucas. I feel sorry for you.

Oh, I' m out of the trance state and I'm sorry if I offended someone. Except Lucas. Thats my post.

Why would Yoda be any different than other Jedi? You think he didnt have to master a saber when he was a Padawan?

WHY THE HELL, LUCAS GAVE THE EMEROR A LIGHTSABER? YOU SEE, WHEN I SAW YODA FIGHTING DOOKU, I WAS DISAPOINTED.Yoda is not a MELEE fighter. HE HAS WISDOM BEYOND ANY FIGHT!!!!!!! THAT FIGHT,  AND PROBABLY THE NEXT FIGHT WITH THE EMPEROR, WILL BE THE ULTIMATE LAME THING IN THE WHOLE SW UNIVERSE! Where is the whol f****g phyolosophy????? Now the movie is closer to the modern action movies. RIP Star Wars. F*** you, Lucas. I feel sorry for you.

Speak for yourself. I thought Yoda was cool with a lightsaber and what is wrong them using a lightsaber anyways? They are jedi/sith after all, that's there weapon. Sometimes things need to be solved the old fashion way with a fight :cool:

WHY THE HELL, LUCAS GAVE THE EMEROR A LIGHTSABER? YOU SEE, WHEN I SAW YODA FIGHTING DOOKU, I WAS DISAPOINTED.Yoda is not a MELEE fighter. HE HAS WISDOM BEYOND ANY FIGHT!!!!!!! THAT FIGHT,  AND PROBABLY THE NEXT FIGHT WITH THE EMPEROR, WILL BE THE ULTIMATE LAME THING IN THE WHOLE SW UNIVERSE! Where is the whol f****g phyolosophy????? Now the movie is closer to the modern action movies. RIP Star Wars. F*** you, Lucas. I feel sorry for you.

Speak for yourself. I thought Yoda was cool with a lightsaber and what is wrong them using a lightsaber anyways? They are jedi/sith after all, that's there weapon. Sometimes things need to be solved the old fashion way with a fight :cool:

Yeah, it's a personal opinion. But i thought that Yoda and the emperor are BEYOND lightsaber fight. You see, Yoda was different. Now he's like any other Jedi. The Jedi phylosophy searches for a peaceful and violentless solution and Yoda was the best in that. He had wisdom. And the emperor? He's just damn good creepy. His power is the power of the Dark Side. He's a manipulator, he has an elegant solution for problems(e.g. - lightning:). That's it.

Boy, he's ugly.

Why would Yoda be any different than other Jedi? You think he didnt have to master a saber when he was a Padawan?

Well, he probably mastered it. But the movie made Yoda different than the other Jedis. It seemed that he had the ability to solve any situation without violation.(remember what he wanted to teach Luke in the Degobah cave in EP5). That's the different in him.

Now, in EP3, we'll just see more action than wise words.(I LIKE action but not in this shape.) You get my meaning?

Boy, he's ugly.

Well, he probably mastered it. But the movie made Yoda different than the other Jedis. It seemed that he had the ability to solve any situation without violation.(remember what he wanted to teach Luke in the Degobah cave in EP5). That's the different in him.

Now, in EP3, we'll just see more action than wise words.(I LIKE action but not in this shape.) You get my meaning?

I understand what you're saying, but if you think about it what did we really see out of Yoda? He was near death. There was no indication about what he would have been like in his prime. I think the picture that's painted for us is he was very wise, but if push came to shove he can kick a little ass if need be.

whoever said the jedi *philosophy* (i not y, im 14 nd know that) was to search for a none agressive solution, well just read that sentence, SEARCH not MAKE, if there is no peaceful solution then the jedi has to turn to other methods, hence the lightsaber. oh nd how can yoda be 'above' lightsabers, that is so narrowminded, its almost like saying a footballer is above football boots, its a tool of the trade dude

Luke "I"m looking for a great warrior named Yoda"

Yoda"ohhh warrior, Wars not make one great"

~ESB~

See.....Even back then Yoda was titled a great warrior...even though he was wise enough to know that fighting doesnt always solve things or make ppl great, it is nessesary at times.....I.E. WHEN THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH WANTS TO WIPE OUT ALL THE JEDI AND DAMN NEAR DOES IT!!!!!!!! You are an ignorant fool to think that Yoda shouldn't use a lightsaber....Obviously he reflected Dookus lightning, and while Sidious Lightning is probably more powerful, it is not enough to go against the greatest Jedi-Yoda.......

.....In this movie we will see the Greatest of all Jedi vs. the Greatest of All Sith....

ANd whoever said Sith don't use lightsabers is a F'ing moron! What about Dooku/Darth Tyranus? or Darth Maul? or Darth Vader? They are all SITH......so why not Darth Sidious? and he said ah a jedi's weapon in ROTJ because it was a green saber with a different crystal, not that only JEdi use lightsabers....so many ppl take that out of context.....VADER HAD ONE TOO AND HE WASNT A JEDI ANYMORE!!!! And if its cuz u say he used to be a Jedi....well Darth Maul was always a Sith, Never a Jedi, and he had a lightsaber.......anyother stupid comments u want to make? LUCAS I got ur back...except lay off the damn CGI.....and kill off Jar Jar

Luke searched for a great warrior, because the Jedis looked like warriors in his imagination. Luke didnt know what a true jedi is, so he thought that Yoda must be a great warrior.

If Yodas lightsaber dance was there only to prove that battles arent always avoidable, then I can agree with you and Lucas. But in this case it was just a matter of personal opinion. My notion of Yoda was build upon the OT and the EP2 battle contrasted deeply with it. Maybe someday I'll accept the new directions...

If you continue to use phrases like "ignorant fool" then no one will continue to answer your posts.

whoever said the jedi *philosophy* (i not y, im 14 nd know that) was to search for a none agressive solution, well just read that sentence, SEARCH not MAKE, if there is no peaceful solution then the jedi has to turn to other methods, hence the lightsaber. oh nd how can yoda be 'above' lightsabers, that is so narrowminded, its almost like saying a footballer is above football boots, its a tool of the trade dude

Agreed. Though I can discuss on this with hours.