Won't live up to it's hype?

You know how people hated Fable because it didn't live up to it's hype?, do you think that could hapeen to kotor2?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

i hope it will live up to the hype but i doubt any game ever is as good as it sounds. i think k2 will be close to bein as good as it sounds.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Well, TSL hasn't claimed superiority over all other RPG's, so I think it's probably going to come a lot closer to it's "hype" when put next to fable. The only hype I've seen for this game is that it'll have a lot more features than the first, and is a sequel to the game of the year. I have absolutely no reason to think either is false, and it would be amazing if it was. Most of the features have been confirmed as in that they've suggested were in so far.

The only hype i hav heard is bascially about the number of new feats and force powers.

Somehow, unless Obsidian start hyping this to be the greatest game of all time (dont worry that wont happen), TSL will, or will come close to living up to its own hype.

We're hyping it up though, I'm expecting TSL to be the best game for ages :rolleyes:

I think it'll live up to expectations. I don't think anything outlandish was promised, so it's not like there are these impossible-to-implement features that will be left out. I think most fans just want a good story combined with the rest of the features that made KOTOR I a good game. If that can be met, I don't see much problem of not living up to its hype.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think it'll live up to expectations.  I don't think anything outlandish was promised, so it's not like there are these impossible-to-implement features that will be left out.  I think most fans just want a good story combined with the rest of the features that made KOTOR I a good game.  If that can be met, I don't see much problem of not living up to its hype.

Well there's one expectation about release date...but let's not go there again.

I agree that there's a risk of it being a dissapointment, but I find it more probably that it will be a great game. Especially considering how much work Obsidian seems to have put into it.

by bringin those release date issues up youve already gone there

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with expectations about the game itself.

I actually meant it kind of jokingly... I would defend that statement of mine but I'm tired of that battle...so nm.

I actually meant it kind of jokingly... I would defend that statement of mine but I'm tired of that battle...so nm.

I'm upset about the whole simultaneous release thing as well, but I just don't see how a broken promise about the release date will have an impact on the features that we've been promised in game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm upset about the whole simultaneous release thing as well, but I just don't see how a broken promise about the release date will have an impact on the features that we've been promised in game.

ok...if you guys insist on my participation on this...

This thread, though it was assumed by many, never specified that it dealt with only the features. The simul release was an expectation for the game, promoted

by LA. That was part of its hype, though not having to deal specifically with gameplay.

Now I've said my statement and will not continue down this dangerous path any longer.

Game hype...I was sure KOTOR would dissapoint me (because my expectations were almost impossibly high) , though it didn't gameplaywise.

I didn't really know much about KOTOR when it first came out, I've pretty much been disappointed with every "you can be a Jedi" game so I had no reason to really learn much about the game.

KOTOR2 is shaping up to be pretty much everything you could want in a sequel, except maybe being larger, but I guess theres always KOTOR3

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I expect it to be as good as KOTOR1 quality wise; but with a tad less rough edges so it should be a little better than KOTOR1; but no masterpiece. Don't epcect something brand new folks. It's a sequel to KOTOR. Nothing more; nothing less.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KotOR was a decent game, but hardly the best game ever. Far to limiting in character development and creation and far too linear to be anywhere in that catagory. KotOR is a good cinematic CRPG and nothing more. I expect KotOR2 to be the same. Good, but nothing revolutionary.

KotOR was a decent game, but hardly the best game ever.  Far to limiting in character development and creation and far too linear to be anywhere in that catagory.  KotOR is a good cinematic CRPG and nothing more.  I expect KotOR2 to be the same.  Good, but nothing revolutionary.

If you are looking for non-linear gameplay, try Deus Ex : Invisible War. It is an RPG, FPS mix but the fighting system is FPS...

KotOR was a decent game, but hardly the best game ever.  Far to limiting in character development and creation and far too linear to be anywhere in that catagory.  KotOR is a good cinematic CRPG and nothing more.  I expect KotOR2 to be the same.  Good, but nothing revolutionary.

If you are looking for non-linear gameplay, try Deus Ex : Invisible War. It is an RPG, FPS mix but the fighting system is FPS...

Or then there is Morrowind.....big yes.....linear yes, Every damn tomb looked the same, every damn ruin looked the same, every damn cave looked the same, excellent to start with, then becomes boring. Variety is the spice of life! KotOR kept the variety going....sort of.