What happened at the end of KotOR if

A slighty more detailed account.

U kill Malak. He givs sob story about how u r true LordoftheSith, and dies.

Cutscence-Shows ship that Dodonna and Vandar on get blown up, with them on it.

Bastila says-"MALAK IS DEAD. ALL HAIL REVAN THE TRUE LORD OF THE SITH!"

Top of Rakatan temple. Sith drone away "ALL HAIL LORD REVAN"

Bastila says "the core worlds r defenceless, the galaxy is ours." (plus a bit more, but i cant remeber it all since i hav only ever done DS once and will never do it again)

You see the starforge producing a nether ending stream of fighters, and cap ships.

Cue credits

Edited by KOTORFanactic

You have my respect, justabloke. I also played Kotor many times and could never put myself together to play as DSer...born just to be a servant of the light, I guess.

yes same here, i came close to triggering the battle but then when bastila said kill juhani, i said no, i wont kill my friend bla bla bla (even though i dont really like juhani...)

and if you ask me, both endings are pretty stupid but the light side is slightly better than the ds ending.

....it's just a game :p

It's not like if you play as a DS character you will go to Hell in real life.

Have you ever played a FPS shooter? "Killed" enemies in video games? Guess what? Killing in the name of LS is just as bad as killing in the name of DS.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I only did DS ending once, just to see how it goes.

I hav never done it since, or ever will, simply because i felt guilty.

Just your natural born good guy here.

That the sign of a really good game empthay with the characters. Even if you are an evil SOB! LOL ! Yeah you gotta love comleting a game like this on the LS it gives you a feeling of worth.

There is no emotion only pie!

Have you ever played a FPS shooter? "Killed" enemies in video games? Guess what? Killing in the name of LS is just as bad as killing in the name of DS.

True it is just a game and true you won't go to hell for going DS in the game.

I'm not sure anyone really thinks they're going to hell or anything like that if they go DS.

But playing a DS game isn't for everyone. Just as playing LS isn't for everyone.

And Killing is the same for both sides? You're saying that because it's fiction I assume?

With in the bounds of the story however there's a big difference.

I only did DS ending once, just to see how it goes.

I hav never done it since, or ever will, simply because i felt guilty.

Just your natural born good guy here.

That the sign of a really good game empthay with the characters. Even if you are an evil SOB! LOL ! Yeah you gotta love comleting a game like this on the LS it gives you a feeling of worth.

I agree completely and have said repeatedly that's a big piece of evidence for why KOTOR is such a good game. On the other hand, I don't get as much satisfaction from LS as I do guilt for DS...

P.S. I feel the same way...I say to myself that I'll go DS but I just don't have my heart in it and I feel bad if i do.

I have to admit I prefer going Lightside. I have played through the Darkside a few times for a few reasons:

a ) The ending is better

b ) Revan's Robes are uber-cool

c ) I like announcing that...."I am Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith. Kneel before me." :p

Thats said, the Darkside was crap till the end of the game when you got to do truly evil things (like pushing Carth off cliffs :p ) instead of just stealing Juhani's lunch money.

I am more than capable of being evil, as my friends know full well, but I like to think I have alot more style and finesse than the playground bullies.

I have to admit I prefer going Lightside.  I have played through the Darkside a few times for a few reasons:

a )  The ending is better

b )  Revan's Robes are uber-cool

c )  I like announcing that...."I am Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith.  Kneel before me." ;)

Thats said, the Darkside was crap till the end of the game when you got to do truly evil things (like pushing Carth off cliffs :p ) instead of just stealing Juhani's lunch money.

I am more than capable of being evil, as my friends know full well, but I like to think I have alot more style and finesse than the playground bullies.

True Revan is super cool looking at the end of it but I just do feel a little guilty that that billion upon billions of people are f***ed! But hay, being sith lord and always easy! Plus you got to make sure your apprentice does get to ambishious. Look what happened to uthar wynn!

I still think that LS is better personally but that's just me! I feel guilty fr sticking my saberstaff through Rosh penin in Jedi Academy so I've deffinatly got a soul! It's just at the bottom of my trunk!

Oh and it does might what side your on theres always a moment when you want to push carth of a cliff!

There is no emotion, there is only pie!

KotOR's DS ending was almost identical to the DS ending of Jedi Knight. Only in JK Kyle, even though he fell to the DS, seemed to regret it. I loved how he crushed his father's holocron under his foot. :D It all reminded me a bit of EpV, where not everything was success in the end. KotOR's endings were pretty lame, even the DS one (except for the smirk on Revan's face). A good ending shouldn't just be the clich

I loved on JA when you went DS and little fairy Kyle blamed himself :) what a pleb! But on JA the DS was exactley the same as LS except you killed different people i.e. your academy buddies :lol: tsk tsk, at least make it a little dark instead of just choosing sides <_< Oh and atleast make the PC look a little darker if nothing else! KotOR did it.

what exactly happens to make carth die do you kill him or does something happen to him? and does he stay with you or something cuz how would he die if he ran away?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I used to play LS only, simply because I couldn't play DS. Then I started doing it one day, and felt very guilty. About half way through the game, however, I was enjoying it greatly. I can't play LS anymore. The DS options are just too tempting... I appear to be a minority though... Most forumers here are LSers. I prefered the DS ending because I finally got the ultimate reveange on the Jedi Council. They tried to use me to overthrow the Sith? Well, all they did was reinstate me to power!