What You've Done Today - Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream.

F F S

Tooth broke again. 

33 hours and 40 minutes after the dentist said "Eventually this part will break." Maybe not next week. Maybe in a year... 

He should have listened to me when I said he was being too optimistic.

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

We're going to be heading to Estonia in a few weeks. Not really looking forward to traveling with a 1 year old but not as worried about the 5 year old. He's already done this flight and handled it well a couple of years ago.

Forgot that was when I broke my tooth, 2 year ago while they were in Estonia. They just ripped it out and put in a fake tooth. It took a few months to get the actual tooth but my son loved to see the screw that was in there when he got home.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 5

Free games updated 3/4/21

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

We're going to be heading to Estonia in a few weeks. Not really looking forward to traveling with a 1 year old but not as worried about the 5 year old. He's already done this flight and handled it well a couple of years ago.

Forgot that was when I broke my tooth, 2 year ago while they were in Estonia. They just ripped it out and put in a fake tooth. It took a few months to get the actual tooth but my son loved to see the screw that was in there when he got home.

Dont forget to take photos and share interesting things

I remember my brothers trip to Estonia last year  and what a good time they had 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I doubt he'll have to worry in the near future whatwith german tanks blitzing towards Kursk. 😄

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Found a creepy crawly on my neighbor's door.

It looks like this (not the one from the door, but the same species). Things have been everywhere lately.

bernstein-waldschabe-bild-100~_v-img__16

:yes:

Spoiler

That, if it isn't perfectly obvious, is a ****roach.

Spoiler

****roaches that can fly!

Spoiler

Like many insects, they're attracted to light, and get they tend to fly in through open windows and doors.

Spoiler

They're harmless, eating only rotten plant matter, but they look really similar to the ****roaches you really don't want to have in your house.

Spoiler

323882.png

• Gasp! 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Kill the Xeno

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, majestic said:

Found a creepy crawly on my neighbor's door.

It looks like this (not the one from the door, but the same species). Things have been everywhere lately.

bernstein-waldschabe-bild-100~_v-img__16

:yes:

Reveal hidden contents

That, if it isn't perfectly obvious, is a ****roach.

Hide contents

****roaches that can fly!

Hide contents

Like many insects, they're attracted to light, and get they tend to fly in through open windows and doors.

Hide contents

They're harmless, eating only rotten plant matter, but they look really similar to the ****roaches you really don't want to have in your house.

Hide contents

323882.png

I had a roach fly at me the other day, for an animal that you can kill pretty easily it's funny how people instinctively tend to scream or fall into a fighting game stance when they see one (I did both). But they look creepy and feel worse if you happen to rub against one with bare skin, so **** em.

3 hours ago, Sarex said:

I have to say

Reveal hidden contents

that is a pretty smug roach

I also have to say that I'm surprised majestic would go with that. Maybe he's healing from the Rebuilds and NuTrek and can finally laugh at them. Or maybe Diamond is Unbreakable broke his mind to the point anything seems normal compared to a David Bowie impersonator with a hand fetish being chased by a gang of high school students.

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Annual air show starting, always tempted to go but then I realize it's the same ****ing jets every year and crowded like literally everything else in this city.   At least I'll get to amuse myself reading the annual debates - air shows are bad as they traumatize pets, refugees versus the pro arguments of it's fun, appreciate engineering (this one is hilarious) or the brave aerospace companies that defend our freedom (even funnier).

Sadly they practice on other side of city, our first year in the new house saw the Blue Angels go over our house, a formation of 5 going slow and remarkably low - must have been maybe 2000 ft

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

It seems the lady texting me may actually be a real person.

We may have lunch together next month...

Then you'll wake up missing organs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like we're in for a rather rough couple of days or weeks, perhaps. Our dog's grown really old (14 now) and he's been diagnosed with lymphoma four months ago. We refused chemotherapy as it provides no chance at healing and really, he's already two years over the average life span of his breed. He's grown somewhat more lethargic than usual (he's really old, after all) recently and now refuses to eat, which is what the vet said would indicate that the tumors progressed to a point where they will become lethal.

Might lose a treasured family member really, really soon. Dammit.

Edited by majestic
  • Sad 8

9 hours ago, melkathi said:

Also, I am against the air shows already due to the environmental impact and fuel costs.

Oh, you really don't want to know where I was last night then... 😆

Followed by a 20 minute long fireworks (and lots of beer) later at night

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Breaking News:

Private Airshow hosted just for one Obsidian Community Forum Moderator.

Are gaming communities secretly running the world?

Read all about it here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

8 hours ago, majestic said:

Looks like we're in for a rather rough couple of days or weeks, perhaps. Our dog's grown really old (14 now) and he's been diagnosed with lymphoma four months ago. We refused chemotherapy as it provides no chance at healing and really, he's already two years over the average life span of his breed. He's grown somewhat more lethargic than usual (he's really old, after all) recently and now refuses to eat, which is what the vet said would indicate that the tumors progressed to a point where they will become lethal.

Might lose a treasured family member really, really soon. Dammit.

Sympathies :( Was in that boat 6 years ago almost with one of ours.  

• Like 1

Got my invitation to the citizenship ceremony. Unless something really bad happens, I'm likely to become an Australian citizen on the last day this month (Monday 31st of September). I better remember to treat myself to a glass of my special Cognac that day 🇦🇺

(which means I'll have dual citizenship, Danish/Australian)

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

28 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Got my invitation to the citizenship ceremony. Unless something really bad happens, I'm likely to become an Australian citizen on the last day this month (Monday 31st of September). I better remember to treat myself to a glass of my special Cognac that day 🇦🇺

I think they might have, uhm, you know, like, made fun of you if that's actually the date they've given you. :p

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, majestic said:

I think they might have, uhm, you know, like, made fun of you if that's actually the date they've given you. :p

30th of September dammit! 😂

edit: too focused on the fine print I guess, didn't pay enough attention to the oversized, bold faced headline in the letter 😝

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gorth said:

(which means I'll have dual citizenship, Danish/Australian)

Will that make you Danstralian or Austrish?

26 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Will that make you Danstralian or Austrish?

An ex-pat and an immigrant. Two useful passports 🇩🇰 / 🇦🇺  too when traveling. Can use the fast lane at either end when traveling between the two countries 😎

50 minutes ago, Gorth said:

An ex-pat and an immigrant. Two useful passports 🇩🇰 / 🇦🇺  too when traveling. Can use the fast lane at either end when traveling between the two countries 😎

What additional rights do you get now as  an Oz citizen, can you now vote? What are the main differences compared to your current work visa which I assume you have ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

What additional rights do you get now as  an Oz citizen, can you now vote? What are the main differences compared to your current work visa which I assume you have ?

I currently have status as a "permanent resident". As close to a citizen as you get without being able to vote. Once a citizen, you are required by law to vote and will get fined if you fail to vote 😝

As for perks, I guess not having to apply for a returning resident visa every 5 years if I wish to go overseas and also be able to go back? Also, I can travel freely to New Zealand and back again, as they have a kind of agreement involving free travel for each others citizens.

For everything else like tax, superannuation, retirement, health coverage etc. I am no different than a citizen at the moment. It just sort of felt like "the right thing to do" though, considering I first arrived here in 2006 and have spent the majority of my time here since 🤷‍♂️

edit: I thought about it about 10 years ago, but at the time, Denmark did not allow dual citizenship. This changed 7-8 years ago, at which point I started seriously considering the possibility of becoming a citizen. Only catch then was I had spent 2 years in Europe and in order to qualify, I had to have spent the last 4 years in Australia. So i made a mark in the calendar for which year I could start the citizenship process.

• Like 1

Update on the situation with the little bugger that is our dog. Indeed, is. Because, get this, while he was in a torpor on Sunday when I posted, refusing to eat and being lethargic and all, on Monday he was unable to even get up and move, so we put a water bowl right next to him. He'd wake up every now and then, drink a little, and would fall back asleep. We already called the vet, because it was clear that he was suffering, and we all expected him to die, so why not put him out of his misery?

Yesterday morning he just got up from the mattress we put him on and walked to his water bowl, drank, then walked around, growled at us as usual because he wanted to be put back on the mattress. He ate a bunch of treats like nothing happened, although he still doesn't wolf down his regular food like he used to. When my wife's sister came to visit he went and greeted her. Not as energetically as he used to, but still, he basically moved more than in the past few days combined.

He's also sleeping soundly, with his usual relaxed expression, instead of sleeping fitfully.

image.png.1e628b38e5c31f6ebdc51114a894b464.png

We put a wet towel on him to help him cool down as it's been ghastly hot these past few weeks, almost never cooling down for more than a couple of hours, with annoyingly hot nights.

So, yeah, no idea what is going on, but it doesn't look like the acute organ failure through metastasis that we expected it to be, because if so he would not have improved and probably died by now. We honestly thought the tumors had progressed to the point of organ failure.

We're still going to lose him soon - I mean the tumor is not going anywhere, obviously, but perhaps not right now. :) Or even if he ends up dying really soon, at least he seems to be content instead of suffering. Which is more than we thought he would get.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 7