What You've Done Today - Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream.

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Absolutely, Duck l'Orange and similar dishes are delicious 

I always love to find how certain ingredients compliment a main meal like orange and duck

But you must have lots of excellent Chinese restaurants where you live in Oz? I assume you have tried Peking Duck ?

I've tried it a few times, but to be honest, as nice as crispy duck skin is, I prefer it with a bit more duck meat on it 😁

edit: in years past, I usually had Chinese food together with a Tawanese friend of mine when either living in or visiting Melbourne. He knew the decent places and often recommended what he thought looked nice. Not so much duck as beef and noodle combos with various sauces and seasonings.

edit2: ...and dumplings, lots of dumplings! 😂

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

*stares at the big banner selling Avowed sweatshirts and such*

"Is Avowed out yet? .... ah, apparently nope."

*returns to her sleepy/quiet life and lurking*

• Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Unrelatedly, a fire started inside former Green Bay Packers player Randall Cobb's house Tuesday night after his Tesla charger spontaneously ignited while they were sleeping, and the couple of pictures they posted makes it look like a bomb went off in their garage. From what I gather, firefighters were able to put the fire out before it burned down his whole house. Everyone got out of the house without injury, including the dog: may you be so lucky, ShadySands.

nfl-icon-randall-cobb-family-912832891.j

GRAT6zzXkAEw_Jm?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Something like that would be quite the hazard where I am. I live on the end of the transmission line, and there are few houses around me. A lightning strike into a power line would likely set the charger if not the vehicle on fire.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

16 hours ago, ShadySands said:

That's the car I wanted but we ended up going with Tesla because it was the far cheaper option at the time. Regrets, I have a few.

We are ... well, Ford loyalists. Also Tesla in my Canadian context is  ... well concerning ;). Perhaps we can road tour sometime or even swap and try ;)

• Like 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Unrelatedly, a fire started inside former Green Bay Packers player Randall Cobb's house Tuesday night after his Tesla charger spontaneously ignited while they were sleeping, and the couple of pictures they posted makes it look like a bomb went off in their garage. From what I gather, firefighters were able to put the fire out before it burned down his whole house. Everyone got out of the house without injury, including the dog: may you be so lucky, ShadySands.

nfl-icon-randall-cobb-family-912832891.j

GRAT6zzXkAEw_Jm?format=jpg&name=large

We usually put surge protectors right on the box itself ... partially b/c of this kind of thing too ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: