Ukraine Conflict - Those who can win a war well can rarely make a good peace and those who could make a good peace would never have won the war

Mamoulian War

32 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Can still give Russia money though, that's fine.

Malc please, no need for racism. Lets just keep this debate civil. Remember we all support tolerance and try not to ever discriminate :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

52 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Malc please, no need for racism. Lets just keep this debate civil. Remember we all support tolerance and try not to ever discriminate :thumbsup:

Just is an amusing undercut to the righteousness.  But does make sense, is how the gang system rules based order works, have to be a team player.  Not even sure what Slovak reactors need protecting from at this point, in any case.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tbh I don't think many people would have mourned if the entire "rules based order" cabal got droned when they were in Kyiv.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

20 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

You're not really independent if you're not allowed your own foreign policy.

Heh, we do not have foreign policy now. We are de jure still NATO and EU member, but we are now de facto a puppet state of Russia. Probably on the same level as Belarus. The funny thing is, that Muscovites are considering our leaders as coward collaborators as well. Oh and Hungary "has" same territorial claims on Slovakia, as Russia "has" on Ukraine. And guess who has upper hand in Kremlin at the moment 🤷‍♂️ If any of these idiots will at some point decide to populistically make a referendum about leaving NATO, which will most likely be successful, we will be eaten by Hungary in matter of weeks, with Muscovites acting as "peacekeepers" in a same way, as they acted in Nagorno Karabakh ;) The whole three days of real independence will be surely worth it, wouldn't it? 

• Thanks 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Somewhat against my better judgement...

Yes, as close as Belarus. Slovakia going to sign up to the Union State then? Because that's how close Belarus is. That's getting beyond mere hyperbole and heading into ultrabole territory. Rest easy though, I'm sure as a country of Europe you could expect the same level of support against Hungarian invasion (more ultrabole) as that other non NATO Euro country Ukraine has got against its invader. After all, the Principles of Europe, the west and all that is good and righteous in the world would be at stake again, yes.

Really though, if a majority of people wanted to leave NATO in a referendum where's the problem and what would you do to stop it? Roll the T-54s Abrams and Leos in? Might need a catchy name to sell it like, hmm, Bratislava Spring? Or you could accept that the majority of people wanted to leave and let them even if you disagreed personally.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20240307-sweden-officially-joins-nato-prime-minister-declares-safer-country

Sweden has officially joined NATO, well done Sweden

Its a strange world we live  in where countries like Finland and Sweden have now joined NATO because of Russian  warmongering and concern of being invaded

And yet I still hear people on Codex saying " Russia invaded Ukraine because of NATO expansion and because NATO wants to invade Russia " :grin:

@Azdeus and @Pidesco

I watched most of your PM NATO joining speech yesterday. He is very articulate and comes across in a very sincere and candid way

I thought he explained the decision nicely and what he mentioned made sense to me

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/czech-initiative-fully-funded-800-000-artillery-shells-to-aid-ukraine/ar-BB1jw3UK

Really good news to see  how different EU  countries are  helping with  Ukraines ammunition shortages

Its important to try to not rely on the US because  of the vacillating nature of MAGA Republicans 

John Milton 

On 3/7/2024 at 8:52 PM, Zoraptor said:

Somewhat against my better judgement...

Yes, as close as Belarus. Slovakia going to sign up to the Union State then? Because that's how close Belarus is. That's getting beyond mere hyperbole and heading into ultrabole territory. Rest easy though, I'm sure as a country of Europe you could expect the same level of support against Hungarian invasion (more ultrabole) as that other non NATO Euro country Ukraine has got against its invader. After all, the Principles of Europe, the west and all that is good and righteous in the world would be at stake again, yes.

Really though, if a majority of people wanted to leave NATO in a referendum where's the problem and what would you do to stop it? Roll the T-54s Abrams and Leos in? Might need a catchy name to sell it like, hmm, Bratislava Spring? Or you could accept that the majority of people wanted to leave and let them even if you disagreed personally.

First of all, trying to lecture me about what is good or not for my country, and what might happen or not, with minuscule knowledge of our political history since 1993, is as silly as me trying to lecture you about how should your country develop your current ties with China and Australia, or as silly as your remarks in 2022, how Russia would never invade Ukraine, but sure I’ll bite this time 🤷‍♂️

You are forgetting few things, Europe has done absolutely nothing, when green men went into Donbass and Crimea. Fico is a **** who actively attacks western allies, and every western leader knows how big of a **** and coward he is. And Putin with Orban knows that very good as well. So if we “wisely” would leave NATO, and he started to beg for help after being invaded, there is a pretty big chance, that they would tell him in a most polite way to **** Off. Also, the Slovak National Party leaders, are actively sucking on Orban’s ****. Considering corrupt and how a big of a coward is their chairman (he was hiding from police, after he crushed one traffic light during a night ride, and is still avoiding responsibility for this), they would sell the south of the country without a second thought. And even if every single person in my country would want tomleave NATO, it still does not mean, that it is not the most stupid idea under the sun, given the current circumstances, as it is as clear as a diamond, that if Hungary would send green men to Slovakia during ongoing Russian invasion, no one would give a priority to go help and waste limited resources on a country, which show time and time again, that it’s leaders do not want to be a part of Europe, over continuous help to Ukraine. It is pretty much given, that in such scenario EU would decide to first finish up Russia in Ukraine, and only after then, they would deal with Hungary from position of power.

Oh and BTW, I am half Slovak, half Hungarian ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Looks probable that some Patriot launchers got got yesterday. While identified as S-300 they look a lot more like Patriots in transit than S-300 and there isn't anything else they could be apart from those two. The hits are definite, and they were definitely not decoys, maybe 70/30 that they were Patriots. Which is a lot better than most of the claimed hits.

10 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

First of all, trying to lecture me..

That isn't lecturing. We had plenty of equivalent theories when Jacinda Ardern was in power here of her imminently selling out the country- which no doubt foreigners regarded as being, hmm, a bit funny too. Yet their proponents thought were imminent and realistic.

And yeah, it's kind of crappy to go at it this way because it's clearly something you genuinely feel strongly about but... well. If you're (collectively or individually) really, really worried about Hungary deciding to invade the last thing you (collectively) should have been doing is sending arms off to Ukraine instead of retaining them against the Magyar Menace. The obvious hyperbole of comparing Slovakia to Belarus- we are both agreed you won't be joining the Union State, I presume- really doesn't help with anything else either.

(As I recall, you were about as convinced as me that Russia wouldn't invade in 2022; I doubt the act of making a prediction influences things either way. Doesn't matter anyway, the only thing certain if you make predictions about future events is that you will get things wrong. I'm certainly happy to go on the record that you won't get invaded by Hungary any time soon though, whether it's Fico in charge or not)

Ukraine's had a lot of AA losses recently as well, mostly their Soviet stock though.  Patriots getting hit, even if just launchers, is a surprise.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am surprised at the pressure from the Russian, do they think they can break Ukraine here or what? Seems to me like they are committing a surprising amount of resources, at least from my surface level observation.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

3 hours ago, Sarex said:

I am surprised at the pressure from the Russian, do they think they can break Ukraine here or what? Seems to me like they are committing a surprising amount of resources, at least from my surface level observation.

Ukraine ran low on artillery, and other stuff maybe, so might as well press while the going is good.  I think they've been halted at a Ukrainian defensive line though, but will continue bashing their head against it anyway.

Pressing also makes sure Ukraine can't rotate troops or accumulate resources for counterattacks or to maintain a reserve. At the moment it's Rasputitsa (well, sure looks it at least)--> little or no progress until it dries out, but you can certainly keep the pressure up.

The AA losses are definitely due to the ever increasing Russian use of UMPK (Russian version of JDAM). The artillery discrepancy may be bad, but at least that's 'only' at the sort of 8-12kg of explosive per shell level, and you can make decent fortifications resistant to that. 100 odd FAB250/500/1500 per day at 150/350/ 900 kg of TNT equivalent versus a handful from Ukraine is not sustainable and will make a mess of any system of fortifications. That has to be countered, and the only thing with enough range to counter that are S-300 and Patriot, and S-300 would have to be practically on the front line to do so.

The issue for Ukraine if they were Patriots is that they're bunched and were there long enough for an Iskander (and unlike others such as the HiMARS it actually looks like Iskander rather than Tornado) to hit them. They have to take some risks with them.

On 3/13/2024 at 7:13 AM, HoonDing said:

What is this "Republic of Belgorod" nonsense?

The good kind of neo-Nazis apparently.  Not sure what's going on there, they claim they're advancing, Russians say they knocked them all to hell.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

The good kind of neo-Nazis apparently.  Not sure what's going on there, they claim they're advancing, Russians say they knocked them all to hell.

Dammit we  were  doing so  well, you just used the Nazi word after such a long absence.  Im a  little disappointed :aiee: 

John Milton 

38 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Dammit we  were  doing so  well, you just used the Nazi word after such a long absence.  Im a  little disappointed :aiee: 

One of these Ukrainian aligned Russian groups is pretty sketchy though. Makes all the cheering for them a bit funny. 

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

One of these Ukrainian aligned Russian groups is pretty sketchy though. Makes all the cheering for them a bit funny.

The White Rex group (Russian Volunteer Corps) is dodgy in terms of being neo nazi, all of them are dodgy in terms of being Russian. Last time around we got a lot of Poles and Ukrainians appearing as Russians in their videos, and the propaganda videos this time around have featured such classic telltales as using the Ukrainian rather than Russian terms for Kursk and Belgorod- not exactly what you'd expect from an actual Russian Patriot in the RDK/RVC which is what he claimed to be. Not at all surprising, it'd be like the Russians arming a bunch of Ukrainians from Lviv and staging an incursion. No way the Russians would trust them enough to arm them so they'd be a bunch of Russians doing Ukrainian accents like they were auditioning for 'ривіт 'ривіт.

If it's all to do with the Russian elections- pretty likely- we'll have maybe three more days then it will quieten down again.

Edited by Zoraptor

12 hours ago, ShadySands said:

One of the guys goes by the name White Rex

Its quite funny and confusing  but on Codex  you have people in the Ukraine thread who are openly Neo-Nazi but Im not sure exactly what that means to them 

Most of them are Russian or from East European countries and they have these endless debates about Slavic ethnicities and who is white and who isnt 

But the Russian Neo-Nazi dont support Putin but they dont  support Ukraine either because " white " people are getting killed on both sides and Putin is using a form of replacement theory in Russia with immigration from countries like Dagestan and  Chechnya 

Its really confusing because there are all these ethnic groups within Russia that I have never heard of and  most of the time I have no idea what they talking about :grin:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

3 hours ago, pmp10 said:

It seems Macron is not backing down from alarmist talk about Ukraine.
His usual attention-seeking aside, it shows that Europe is slowly waking-up to the possibility that the war may not end in a stalemate.

Then again, Ukrainian defeat was a risk they decided to take. 

I'm sure both France and Germany will fight to the last Ukrainian!

(nobody, including themselves, really knows what the UK intends to do these days)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

23 hours ago, ShadySands said:

One of the guys goes by the name White Rex

Holy ****, his former podcast co-host Robert Rundo is the guy who told nazisconcerned citizens who lean a little to the right how to hop the border to Mexico to avoid federal charges. Was just listening to a podcast about him recently, very serendipitous, hope both guys truly have a bad time and get a ticket to hell asap.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands