What are you Playing Now? - Back to the Grind

majestic

4 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Anyone trying Last Epoch? It's out of early access finally. It needs a company/not steam 3rd party registrations so I was kinda ignoring it, but now I see it has a full Offline ability and my interest has suddenly skyrocketed. Plus getting good gameplay reviews. Negative user reviews at the moment seem to mostly regard the typical laggy/long load/access server at launch issues (they're working on it). But since I don't care about Online playing, no skin off my nose.

It does have a cash shop but so far no indications from anyone that it's p2w, just cosmetics and things like portal skins, maybe ala Path of Exile etc.

Only $35 too. Hm.

Fairly popular right now. People describe it as having the complexity of PoE but not requiring a degree in ARPGs to understand it's system. So much more friendly for new people.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

^ Yeah I remember when it started EA. I was interested until 3rd party registration (nothing "wrong" with that, just a personal quirk of mine) and have ignored it since (literally, so Steam would stop telling me about it). I think back then it didn't have Offline mode either.

Leaning towards getting it. If nothing else, sorta want to support the offline-sp mode (they're separate from online chrs) being included. ๐Ÿ˜›

โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

Kalameet is finally defeated on NG+.

It was royal pain in the ass. It took me today 2 hours of attempts. Most of them under 20%. But then, I always got obliterated by two random attacks, which I was not able to properly block nor outroll. Rinse and repeat. Sigh. My first attempt was one of the best, but I choose the wrong weapon, and had to fight him almost 10 minutes. I got him down to 10 or so %, and the I did some stupid things and ran out of Estus. And I did not have Humanities on my fast access bar. Sigh. Reward for that was 2 more hours wiping the floor with myself ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I can say, that this fight was the only fight, which have been harder as melee, compared to my previous Platinum Runs with sorcerer build.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

ย 

ย 

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I saw a City of Heroes server got officialized so I'm giving it a shot. Making a blaster but have been stuck on which power set to choose for like an hour.

Which server are you on?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ugh. Tequila thinks COH isn't installed anymore.

I have a arachnos spider in the 30s, somewhere in the moral grayzone hopping between Talos and the Rogue Isles. Once the game is working again for me, I'll check which server I am on.

ย 

Edit:

I am on Reunion

But I can make a character on Torchbearer as well

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've been playing these legacy missions in Xcom 2, and they are pretty solid. It's basically a 7-mission mini-campaign and it tells Bradford's story after the aliens take over. It's a great way to scratch that tactical combat itch without committing to a full campaign.

• Like 3

I finished off BG3 playthrough and then uninstalled every game fromย  my machine before starting a serious defrag of my gaming drive.

Now having that pause of "what do I actually want to install now".

ย 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've got that.. "I know I'm going to be playing Horizon Forbidden West towards the end of the Month" going.

So there's a bit of that "hm, for 3 weeks while juggling lift stuff, what's worth the background gaming putter?"

40k Inquisitor deciding to tie skills to weapons was a dumb idea.ย  Also very boring weapons.ย  Slogging my way through the campaign.ย  Better check how much I paid for this to feel worse about this.

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For space flight freelancer/elite) decent type gameplay I suggest:

Hell Galaxy early access. It is still so badly optimised, when you are done with Loadscreens, you'll be able to play Horizon Forbidden West.

40k Inquisitor from a lore perspective is a bit nonsense, I've beaten the main campaign and have killed, by myself, about 8 or 9 dreadnoughts, a Great Unclean One and about 200 Chaos Space Marines.ย ย  Still have the expansion to go through.ย  The story is decent enough for an ARPG, although the end goal is some being that is almost on the Emperor's level.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Made a CoH account and slipped onto Torchbearer. Ah, the nostalgia.

• Like 1

Goal nr. 02/2024 has been achieved few days ago :)

ย 

February 25, 21:30 โ€“ New Game + of Dark Souls: Remastered on PS4 has been completed :). The second ending was of course To Link the Fire, which gave me another trophy in my Platinum run. During this run, the goal was all miracles trophy, and all missing weapon ascension trophies, with the exception of Knight's one, for which I need to defeat Sif one more time, and then run all the way to Anor Londo blacksmith. During NG+, I have found out, that this game started to feel much easier with melee character than with the sorcerer one. The only exception was Kalameet, which was destroying me for almost 3 hours and almost always around 10-20% HP mark. I am just happy, that I have learned how to control my rage, as few years ago, I would be most likely in need of a new controller ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 2

ย 

ย 

After a short evening giving trying to explore hazey memories of CoH, I've gotten my energy blaster up to 8th level on Torchbearer...ย  Picked up Flight (Hover) as that third power pool.

• Like 1

I went back to Dondoko Island and redesigned the entire island from the ground up. The island is effectively split up into 4 sections that you can build on, 2 large areas and 2 small areas. I sacrificed one of the small areas and put all the unsightly passive resource generating buildings there, stuff like the garbage dump, metal working sheds, a chicken coop, gardens, stuff the guests don't need to see. That stuff is in its own little area off to the side and out of the way. That left me 2 large areas and 1 small area to work with. One of the areas is on the sleazy side but balanced, there's plenty of more wholesome stuff to do. I have another large area that's very family friendly, that's for the more puritanical sorts. The remaining small area is super sleazy. If you're booking a room in that area then you're here to have a really really good time. No worries, we here at Dondoko Island make sure that we don't specify the area of the island you stay at on the billing invoice so you have plausible deniability. What happens on Dondoko Island stays on Dondoko Island.

I like that you can invite people you meet during the game to the island, plus there are reoccurring characters from previous games. It's kind of weird, though, because you can invite Kiryu, but it's not current Kiryu, it's young Kiryu. It's neat inviting characters from the series to vacation at my tropical island resort. At this point I have no need for anything on the island, I have everything I planned to build built, so I can mostly hang out with the guests and watch them chill at my resort. You can have a big ol' bonfire on the beach because why the **** not?

AHRMerf.jpeg

ย 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธRFK Jr 2024๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Goal nr.3/24 achieved :)

February 28, 21:15 โ€“ I have completed very fast run for the last Trophy in New Game ++ of Dark Souls: Remastered on my PS4. Approximately three hours to clear my way to both Bells of Awakening, defeat Sif and another run to Anor Londo blacksmith. There I have ascended last two boss weapons from Sifโ€™s and Gwynโ€™s souls, and with that, I have unlocked the Knightโ€™s Honor and The Dark Soul Platinum Trophy.

• Like 2

ย 

ย 

Continuing my journey to see what I remember of City of Heroes after 15 odd years, I spent some time on and off through the afternoon and evening leveling up an Energy Blast / Energy Manipulation Blaster to 13th level, a Robtics / Force Field Mastermind to 5th, and a Warshade up to 5th.

Interesting what stuck and what required a bit more jogging loose from the memory stacks.

Hmm, I am on Reunion with:

Spider from Mars, an Arachnos Soldier, Rogue, security threat level 38 - starting a journey of redemption after braking Ziggy's sweet hands.

Pooka, Merc Mastermind, Villain, security threat level 18 - learning the ways of paramilitaries on earth to overthrow the rulers of Croatoa and become the faery queen.

Aconitine, Thug Mastermind, Praetorian Resistance, threat level 11 - alternate earth version of my old character in a personal war against Crey Industries.

VROOM, Scrapper, security clearance level 8 - Gremlins don't fix things. But they could if they want to and VROOM wants to.

Nuclear Wastewater, Corruptor, security clearance level 2 - just messing around with the costume creator and have no idea what this character is about.

More CoH. These missions or whatever this game calls quests are getting longer and longer and I don't think I like it. I've been dying a lot as I'm still getting used to the controls, that's the excuse I'm going with anyway. Maybe I need to try a completely different style of character.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Did another play through of Disco Elysium. Will probably do the last part again with the other partner just to experience it.

• Like 3

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

26 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

More CoH. These missions or whatever this game calls quests are getting longer and longer and I don't think I like it. I've been dying a lot as I'm still getting used to the controls, that's the excuse I'm going with anyway. Maybe I need to try a completely different style of character.

It's the quest chains that do it.ย 

I am remembering I really did dislike the Council of Thorn "dungeons"...

• Thanks 1

Everyone hated those. Some of those underground cities are huge.

Blasters are glass cannons. You will die a lot, Shady. Scappers and Brutes I found quite good to survive with solo. And of course Masterminds - just summon your own team of friends.