What You've Done Today - Keep Dreaming...

Raithe

17 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Noah's Forecast: rain with gusty wind, then some more rain, more wind, and then more rain. Oh, wait, 7 days from now it might only be partly cloudy.

Since hubby took my car for a few days (his van developed a windshield leak) I can't go drive in the rain. But I'm currently about to toss on a hooded rainjacket, to go for a puddle-walk around the neighborhood. Because even if I'm not eight anymore, it's still fun/refreshing. Plus I'm bored of staring at a wall while using the elliptical.

Yeah, I've always had a thing for being out and about during extreme weather as well. There's just something invigorating about being blasted by the elements, and the fact that usually nobody else is outside during is a bonus as well. I'm less fond of snow and blistering cold than I am rain and lightning, but I still have some measure of fondness even for blizzards...it's just the conditions and work afterwards that suck, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I've been doing guided meditation with my son every night for a few weeks and even though I'm probably imagining it, I swear his attention and patience have improved while his tantrums have reduced. We also do light yoga on the weekends. If we ever have another then I'll definitely start earlier next time.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

test

Edit: Forum sofware, you suck!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've found I have to reload after it eats a post, allow it to restore the post and then make a change of punctuation and then it works.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 minute ago, Malcador said:

I've found I have to reload after it eats a post, allow it to restore the post and then make a change of punctuation and then it works.

I tried to submit a post 9 times... each time changing a bit, but eventually gave up 😖

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

7 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Clearly you need a screen in front of that elliptical.

I have a tablet. But the exercise gets in the way of really focusing on the media or the media distracts me mentally from exercising and I end up not really focused on either. I mean it kinda works sometimes but other times I just stare at the wall. :lol:

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

There's just something invigorating about being blasted by the elements,

That's how I'd describe it. I love being out in stormy weather. Not that I can't get sick of the wet and humidity of rain around home, but when outdoors and everything's wild, I love it. I wouldn't be on a storm chaser level or anything haha but it's exhilarating.
==============

...looks like hubby won't be back until Tues afternoon. And he has my car. Pffft. Too bad that Hogwart's game isn't out yet, I could use something new.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just to say:

Exercise is just an excuse to stay in bed the rest of the day.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Almost finished painting first third of my Veteran Guardsmen Kill Team (6 out of 18). Still need to paint bases and weapons though. A slow and grueling affair, as I make up the colour scheme as I work my way through the different parts of the miniatures. Hopefully the remaining two batches of 6 each will only take a fraction of the time, as all the decision making and redoing/repainting will be done 😅

As for why 18 when a Death Korps of Krieg team is nominally 10, it's because options (and a choice between strategic support options, one of which allows me to field another 4 guys on the battlefield)

Kill Team trailer from Games Workshop 😁

Edit: Warning, it's Warhammer 40k, i.e. violent and gory

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gorth said:

Almost finished painting first third of my Veteran Guardsmen Kill Team (6 out of 18). Still need to paint bases and weapons though. A slow and grueling affair, as I make up the colour scheme as I work my way through the different parts of the miniatures. Hopefully the remaining two batches of 6 each will only take a fraction of the time, as all the decision making and redoing/repainting will be done 😅

As for why 18 when a Death Korps of Krieg team is nominally 10, it's because options (and a choice between strategic support options, one of which allows me to field another 4 guys on the battlefield)

Kill Team trailer from Games Workshop 😁

Edit: Warning, it's Warhammer 40k, i.e. violent and gory

If you want something entertaining to listen to in the background, I recommend If the emperor had a text to speech device! Warning; Very foul language;

😄

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Today I tried to post in the food thread but the forum would not let me, despite repeated attempts to figure out what new, for me, typing character might be the problem, since I used no quotations or other such. Good times!

Let's see if this posts.
Edit: well it did. Weird. Hand-toss.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Tried to fix a somewhat expensive hairdrier. Only broke one tab while taking apart the housing! The issue of course are the crappy plastic posts holding the screws that hold the motor/fins... Glued them back, but the plastic was pretty deteriorated so I don't know how long the fix would last or if it will hold at all. Did discover that the back mesh is removable for easy cleaning... Guess I'll call the service and see how much a new housing cost or if it's even available at all anymore.

The hairdrier is fantastic, but Philips really can't produce quality plastic, which is a shame because I think that they make the best small home appliance (special recommendation for their irons). Then again I heard that they don't actually produce them but just buy them and slap their name on it, still great though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

On 1/15/2023 at 5:25 PM, Sarex said:

Tried to fix a somewhat expensive hairdrier. Only broke one tab while taking apart the housing! The issue of course are the crappy plastic posts holding the screws that hold the motor/fins... Glued them back, but the plastic was pretty deteriorated so I don't know how long the fix would last or if it will hold at all. Did discover that the back mesh is removable for easy cleaning... Guess I'll call the service and see how much a new housing cost or if it's even available at all anymore.

The hairdrier is fantastic, but Philips really can't produce quality plastic, which is a shame because I think that they make the best small home appliance (special recommendation for their irons). Then again I heard that they don't actually produce them but just buy them and slap their name on it, still great though.

Total ignorance on my part: how do you fix a hairdrier?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

On 1/15/2023 at 9:46 PM, Azdeus said:

If you want something entertaining to listen to in the background, I recommend If the emperor had a text to speech device! Warning; Very foul language;

Watched episode 1-5 so far. Hilarious 😁

I can't binge watch it, but sneaking in an episode or two when stopping by Youtube is great. Will definitely watch more episodes of it 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fionavar said:

Total ignorance on my part: how do you fix a hairdrier?

Depends what's wrong with it. On mine the motor/blades got lose in the housing, so I tried gluing back the plastic posts holding it to the housing. Sadly it did not work, so now I will try to buy a new housing and just replace the innards (or the service will). If any of the components broke I imagine it would also entail changing the broken part. Usually what goes wrong in hair driers is what happened to mine, or the switch gets broken.

edit: just found out that you don't fix it, as there are no part available at all for any hairdryer... They told me that Phillips is now just doing replacements for hairdryers under warranty...

Edited by Sarex

Hubby and I joke whenever one of us leaves the house  - miss ya already, can't wait to ignore you when you get back.  :shifty:

So this afternoon, I can once again ignore my husband, and I will be very happy. :lol:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sarex said:

Depends what's wrong with it. On mine the motor/blades got lose in the housing, so I tried gluing back the plastic posts holding it to the housing. Sadly it did not work, so now I will try to buy a new housing and just replace the innards (or the service will). If any of the components broke I imagine it would also entail changing the broken part. Usually what goes wrong in hair driers is what happened to mine, or the switch gets broken.

edit: just found out that you don't fix it, as there are no part available at all for any hairdryer... They told me that Phillips is now just doing replacements for hairdryers under warranty...

Very cool - thanks for sharing. A new learning for today!

• Like 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Got my fancy bivalent COVID booster, so dealing with aftermath.  Also just as I'm resuming practicing C# I tried hooking the solution up to Git...VS' Git integration resulted in 90% of my files being deleted somehow, so that was also fun

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Got my fancy bivalent COVID booster, so dealing with aftermath.  Also just as I'm resuming practicing C# I tried hooking the solution up to Git...VS' Git integration resulted in 90% of my files being deleted somehow, so that was also fun

Do something fun, like COBOL. :p

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 hours ago, majestic said:

Do something fun, like COBOL. :p

Pft, will do Scheme if I wanted fun

• Gasp! 1

The worldwide chip shortage is really hurting Australia by now...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-18/potato-shortage-fish-chips-wa-south-west-margaret-river/101869160

Several large grocery chains have introduced rationing on frozen chips (only so many bags per customer) 😝

As for why the potato's have abandoned Australia, it's weather related. Third La Nina year in a row (something unprecedented) means the climate has been generally colder than usual for farmers.

I'm currently just waiting for a replacement plastic card to arrive from the bank, as I had to get my old card blocked asap Saturday morning. Woke up to a string of sms OTP requests from Visa, as someone was using my card details to try to transfer thousands of dollars overseas (one of those less known companies that specializes in transferring money fast to countries like Nigeria etc.). No idea about the specifics of how they got the info, but I have a few suspicions. Two major data leaks by large corporations both had me and my data amongst what was leaked. I knew something was up a couple of weeks ago when I got a string of sms OTP requests from EBAY, someone trying to change my account details (and I knew it wasn't me). After receiving 20 messages or so within a time span of 10 minutes, I had changed my password and 3 minutes later, the flood of OTP requests stopped, You apparently didn't need OTP to log in, only to do certain things. I didn't have any card details stored on my old EBAY account though. The only shady organization that had those were PayPal, because in a moment of insanity I made the mistake of storing my CC info on my old PayPal account and PayPal would not let me delete the info. I even contacted their support and they told me it was not a bad design decision, you are allowed to add payment methods to your PayPal account, but not allowed to remove them again. This is PayPal Australia btw, I'm fairly sure that wouldn't fly in any country in the EU jurisdiction. Sadly Australia is still a third world country where banks have too much power, even the unregulated ones. That being said, I still think those two significant (we are talking about 5+ million Australians) data leak is the source of my headache.

Of course I got my card cancelled before I had made the sensible move to get some cash from an ATM first, so that left me all week with $0.75 in my wallet :wacko:

Went to the bank today, got some cash and waiting impatiently for the replacement card to arrive so I can get it activated. I do have some utility bills and subscriptions (including charity donations) that gets paid monthly using my Visa card (for which i now need to remember to contact and change the card details when I get it)

Yeah, lots of text and brackets. Lets see what the forum software says to that after the fixes :)

Guess that explains why/how my mother's credit card was hacked recently. The bank called and cancelled the transactions on their own (go decent customer service) and sent a replacement card. Good job, Peter Thiel & Elon Musk brainchild company. 

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Ordered some groceries via Amazon Fresh. Went to look at my "Orders" listing info. At the top of the list was a stand-out note re: "An item you ordered has been recalled! Throw it away/stop using it." Wut? Do I need to cancel/re-do my order?...

...turns out it was a jar peanut butter I ordered one or two years ago that fell under the product numbers for a voluntary recall of Jiff's from May of 2022.  Er...ok? Already long eaten.  Neither Jiff nor Amazon get any service gold stars.

Didn't want to post it in the Forum Issues because it's likely something on my end, but is anyone else getting a weird image over the NFL thread? It's only over that thread title, static, it doesn't move up and down if I scroll down the page/s. Tried cookie and cache clearing etc, still there. Wasn't there yesterday.

obs-ghostinmachine.jpg

It also shows up in the url line if I mouse-hover over the thread link.

obs-ghostinmachine2.jpg

...maybe it's just time to reinstall the O/S. Meh.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Gasp! 1

2 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Didn't want to post it in the Forum Issues because it's likely something on my end, but is anyone else getting a weird image over the NFL thread? It's only over that thread title, static, it doesn't move up and down if I scroll down the page/s. Tried cookie and cache clearing etc, still there. Wasn't there yesterday.

obs-ghostinmachine.jpg

It also shows up in the url line if I mouse-hover over the thread link.

obs-ghostinmachine2.jpg

...maybe it's just time to reinstall the O/S. Meh.

Wth is that title. 😂 It's a font someone used for the title. I see it too but to a lesser degree, for me it's more bunched up so as the nazi is not seen, although I don't know why it doesn't scroll for you.

• Gasp! 1