The TV and Streaming Thread: Summer Reruns

InsaneCommander

I was serious with the suggestion though. It's hard to find something as well written as the first two CCS seasons. Might not be your cup of tea, but the craftsmanship that went into the series is almost immaculate. :)

The third season/second story arc wasn't as strong, but still pretty good.

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

13 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bhja2hs25sn9ijzmbto7

Watch Alucarda (1977). The low budget Mexican English-language Satanic Vampire Lesbian Nun movie has to be seen to be believed.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I keep slowly going through Alchemy of Souls, I think I'm around eps. 13 now. I like it a bit more than early episodes but it hasn't created a serious binge-fest feeling.
It does however, have a notable distinction (for me) re: a k-drama where I enjoy the many older/mentor chr. stories/hijinks more than the main couple. The series has a large ensemble cast, where they may have wanted to give the famous older actors more to do (or get their money's worth) and sometimes the actual leads do get a little lost/disappear between them all. But I kinda like that, for this show. 😛

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

9 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Neal Brennan: Blocks. Wife and I enjoyed it but probably me more than her. If you're a fan of Brennan or liked 3 Mics then you'll probably like this Traumedy.

At first I thought you watched a Neil Breen movie with your wife. That would show serious commitment on her part. :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1899_(TV_series) 

1899 is from the creators of the  German sci-fi thriller Dark. Its really engaging and even though its criticized for being slow I found it enthralling and I watched the 8 episodes over 3 days

I have to say in the 20 years or so I have been actively  watching TV series on DSTV  I have never ever seen an ending as completely unexpected and exciting as 1899. Its mind blowing and Im not exaggerating, you should watch this series just for the ending and whatever you do dont read any spoilers or plot explanations

Needless to say it begs for a season 2 :dancing:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wednesday is out now. Watched the first episode yesterday. Not sure yet what to think. It does kinda go into the direction that I expected, but I'm not yet fully repulsed. Guess I will watch one or so more episodes and reevaluate.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On 11/22/2022 at 8:22 AM, BruceVC said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1899_(TV_series) 

1899 is from the creators of the  German sci-fi thriller Dark. Its really engaging and even though its criticized for being slow I found it enthralling and I watched the 8 episodes over 3 days

I have to say in the 20 years or so I have been actively  watching TV series on DSTV  I have never ever seen an ending as completely unexpected and exciting as 1899. Its mind blowing and Im not exaggerating, you should watch this series just for the ending and whatever you do dont read any spoilers or plot explanations

Needless to say it begs for a season 2 :dancing:

@Gorth @Gfted1 @Lexx@ShadySands@majestic@Zoraptor and all  fans of sci-fi 

You really have to watch this series, its on Netflix and as I mentioned you will never ever predict the ending. And dont read any spoilers. Just watch the 8 episodes 8)

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just finished watching Wednesday. Not bad, not great. I've managed to get through all 8 episodes in short time, so it can't be that terrible. Not sure if I like this whole Hogwarts makeup. Also a bit too much teenage romance stuff, but guess I'm simply too old for that target audience. Performance of the main cast was good, imo. I also liked how the rest of the Addams family was shown. Was a bit confused about how much they cared about some random murder, though. That said, I'm not exactly deep into Addams Family lore, so maybe that's just me.

/Edit: So funny how they keep doing those inclusive typecasts. Every show is the same nowadays.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The Swimmers. I was just waiting to see what bad thing was going to happen when they went through Serbia, but thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around.

Always wondered why none of the immigrant settle down in balkan/eastern european countries, instead they need to risk life and limb for Germany, UK or Scandinavian countries.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

To my own surprise binged on Wednesday, but mayhaps not really a surprise -- under all the fluff of teenager drama and irritating trend to give ~tragic backgrounds~ to gimmicky comical characters it's essentially a whodunit with a quirky sleuth and I have a weakness to those. Figured out the responsible 3 episodes before the sleuth did, yay me. :)

Edited by bugarup
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 9:31 PM, Lexx said:

Just finished watching Wednesday. Not bad, not great. I've managed to get through all 8 episodes in short time, so it can't be that terrible. Not sure if I like this whole Hogwarts makeup. Also a bit too much teenage romance stuff, but guess I'm simply too old for that target audience. Performance of the main cast was good, imo. I also liked how the rest of the Addams family was shown. Was a bit confused about how much they cared about some random murder, though. That said, I'm not exactly deep into Addams Family lore, so maybe that's just me.

/Edit: So funny how they keep doing those inclusive typecasts. Every show is the same nowadays.

Wednesday has got mostly positive reviews, I was unsure if I should watch it because its classified as teenage viewing

But I know many adults who have watched and enjoyed it 

John Milton 

13 minutes ago, bugarup said:

Figured out the responsible 3 episodes before the sleuth did, yay me. :)

Was it the Russian :p

John Milton 

44 minutes ago, bugarup said:

I think we'll have yet to wait for the wave of TV with bad Russians responsible for everything bad, as it's yet too soon (TM), but there will be (completely deserved) one. 

" bad and naughty Russians " :lol:

That  cracked me up :grin:

John Milton 

5 hours ago, HoonDing said:

This just in: the new Willow series is worse than Shannara!

That's doubtful. Warwick Davis could pick his nose for an hour and it would be more entertaining than Shannara. (Or Wheel of Time, take your pick.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

That's doubtful. Warwick Davis could pick his nose for an hour and it would be more entertaining than Shannara. (Or Wheel of Time, take your pick.)

So pick Wheel of Time, Shannara or Davis' nose?

I'll get me coat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

16 hours ago, bugarup said:

I think we'll have yet to wait for the wave of TV with bad Russians responsible for everything bad, as it's yet too soon (TM), but there will be (completely deserved) one. 

The 80ies called, they want to tell you something... :p

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.