What You've Done Today - But you… have elected… the way of… pain!

Amentep

25 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Met up with Pidesco yesterday and had a nice fika 😁

Nice, what yummy cakes and food did you fika on?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My Android A51 phone annoys me in two ways:

--on a full charge it loses maybe 70% of that in less than 18 hours when it's off/standby. I don't let anything run in background, close anything before powering off/stand by, I've uninstalled everything it will let me uninstall, etc. I finally had to put it in that ultra power saving mode which means you have no background pic, most phone features, and access to only eight apps at a time (4 mandatory, you get to pick/exchange the other 4). Then it lasts for 2-3 days.  eg, all he O/S and stupid fancy apps they insist you need suck up power like no tomorrow.

--Lately I cannot seem to answer the phone. Hubby calls me, the little menu opens, I madly touch what looks like the right button to answer, then madly touch every inch of the screen and nothing. So I have to keep calling him back. I don't understand it at all. It wasn't like that at first.  Edit: this started before I put it in ultra-power saving so pretty sure it's not related to that either - and the touchscreen is fine, if I browse the web/use the camera etc. it responds just fine

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yesterday, I had my very first surprise party and it was Star Trek themed. My cousin and aunt drove up from AZ and are staying through Christmas. I enjoyed it but I can definitely say I'd be happy never having another one because seeing everything Star Trek and family that isn't supposed to be there is how I imagine it'll be when I finally lose my last marble.

• Haha 7
  • Gasp! 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

35 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Yesterday, I had my very first surprise party and it was Star Trek themed. My cousin and aunt drove up from AZ and are staying through Christmas. I enjoyed it but I can definitely say I'd be happy never having another one because seeing everything Star Trek and family that isn't supposed to be there is how I imagine it'll be when I finally lose my last marble.

I have never had a surprise party and that is a good thing.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

and family that isn't supposed to be there is how I imagine it'll be when I finally lose my last marble.

if am ever with family and more than thirty minutes elapses w/o somebody being insulting or crude, we know we has gone insane, or they is plotting our demise... or both. 

that said, am s'posing if our eighty-something aunts started speaking in klingon, we might question our sanity regardless o' insults or vulgarity.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Plot twist: There was no party, it was all in your head. :shifty:

• Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My friend and I went to the theatre last night, seeing something called A Midnight Visit 

https://amidnightvisit.com/

A kind of alternative theatre where the audience mingle with the performers and experience things up close and personal. Ostensibly about experience the dreams and life of a recently deceased person. Lots of things taking place simultaneously and people can wander around to experience different aspects of it. Someone said if all the performances were serialised if would be nine hours, but the audience only get an hour and a half. You do get a voucher at the end for 25% off if you want to experience the show again. I’m sold 😎

Dress code was practical clothes, for climbing through narrow underground tunnels, climbing, walking on graveyards etc. Show was kept in a style, like straight out of something Mr. Poe could’ve come up with. Gothic horror. Black face masks were offered to those who had white or coloured masks because of a recent tuberculosis outbreak in town 😂

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Flying to DBN, a warm coastal town,  tomorrow till the 4 January, I cant wait 🥳

I am especially looking forward to seeing friends and family who I havent seen in the last 2 years and Im excited about  all the activities I can do again at our beach cottage like snorkeling  and swimming 🏖️

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm wrapping up presents today and tomorrow. I'm also pushing myself to somewhat flip my schedule in preparation for the drive to southern Florida. Wednesday evening I'm driving 2 hours northeast to the Greensboro Coliseum for the All Elite Wrestling Holiday Bash event. As a longtime rasslin fan, a big show at the Greensboro Coliseum is a bucket list item.  I'll probably get home Thursday early morning around 2 am and the plan is to stay up until at least 7 am, then crash, wake up late afternoon/evening, then start the roughly 11 hour drive at 10 pm-ish.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Today will be the final 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century

Makes you think 8)

John Milton 

So I had hubby call my phone and asked him to answer it. He took my phone and made this long swiping motion over it and it worked. I was all
grumpy-sad-smiley-emoticon.png

...I swear I never "swiped" to answer it before. One of those many phone updates must have made it mandatory or something.
...I'm old and tapping a button looking circle just makes sense to me, swiping over a "button" never crossed my mind. Stupid touchscreens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On a non "LC is a phone/tech idiot" note:

--new interior doors (the original ones were made of hollow cardboard I swear) and some minor home fixes should be done today
--but the bits o' cheap carpet we want done won't be installed until mid-Jan., unless someone else cancels. Everyone is too busy apparently.

Which doesn't help my packing motivation. Good thing I already did all that cleaning/tossing a year or so ago. I don't think I have all that much "stuff" anymore. At least not in terms of packing. With hubby's van, the fact we don't have a set rush-date to be out of the first house plus more than one round trip is not too bad, not sure we even need a moving truck.

Before we go to our beach cottage for Xmas I am staying at my dads place. They bought this house before my sister was born who is 30 so they lived  here for about 35 years. My dad since retiring has dedicated his life to conservation and has turned the garden into a 100% indigenous environment where literally every tree and plant is local to SA and their is no alien vegetation. Here are some photos of the garden, the house and the dogs waiting at the gate 🐶

20211222_063320.jpg

20211222_063355.jpg

20211222_063611.jpg

20211222_063306.jpg

20211222_063556.jpg

20211222_072511.jpg

20211222_072614.jpg

• Like 3

John Milton 

^ For some reason I read that last line as "the horse and the dogs waiting at the gate" and which led to "that sure is a tiny horse."  🤣
A lovely looking house/garden.

===========
I created/added a few more boxes to the pile in the living room as well as other small things like fans, lamps, mini-shelves that can be taken up this weekend. Thus I can now tell myself I have done something "productive" ... and go back to playing 7 Days to Die.

• Haha 1

My sister has been dating her boyfriend for 6 years, he is great. Very different to me and my brothers, he doesnt talk much but if you ask him something he normally responds constructively and makes sense ....unlike me :biggrin:

When I moved to Cpt him and I have been drinking by ourselves and he is great fun and very agreeable and he loves his social drinking...like me so we get on very well

Anyway he proposed to my sister today on the beach and in the rain and it was very romantic and sweet. So we all very happy and I have a new brother in law and I can go to  another wedding which I love because at most weddings I attend nowadays their are always single women, great food  and free alcohol ....what could be better 🥳

• Like 3

John Milton 

Found a French press while decluttering, so get to drink non instant coffee.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

18 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Found a French press while decluttering, so get to drink non instant coffee.

It is good made with a press but you can't screw around. It cools off way to quickly. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yep, just had it and notice that it does cool quickly.  Not too bad though, but definitely something I'll enjoy on days off rather than on a work day when I am late.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra