raNdOM vidEo game newSS

Amentep

2 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Kotaku reaching new peaks of Kotaku-ness with this article.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

50 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

In other news, Former Nurse opens Senior House, where only male staffer is a cat šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

Ā 

Ā 

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

10 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I don't care enough to click the link, but if it's a studio of 5 with no women then it's a non-story. If it's a studio of 100 then criticism might be warranted.

:shrugz:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡øRFK Jr 2024šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I don't care enough to click the link, but if it's a studio of 5 with no women then it's a non-story. If it's a studio of 100 then criticism might be warranted.

:shrugz:

It was a studio of 9, I think...and a female dog.

It's a non-story.Ā 

• Thanks 6

9 Devs and 2 advisors. Slow news day at Kotaku.

A friend wants to start a board game company. He will get his brother to help out. I'll be editing the rule books and write Kickstarter updates etc. We have a friend who is a graphic designer, and we have a friend who designs games, who we signed for our first game. Immediately it is a company of 5 men 0 women.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

15 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

This is your classic KotokuĀ  " lets make a big deal about some SJ issue in gaming even when there isnt an issue "Ā 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossā€

John MiltonĀ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.ā€ -Ā  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ā 

Ā 

30 minutes ago, melkathi said:

It's so ridiculous, you start wondering if they are secretly right wing and their agenda is to undermine social issues.

You right, its so counterproductive and for many of us gamers you have an immediate sense of annoyance and I dont support the issue because it seems so cliched and staged....being a surreptitious right wing organization makes senseĀ 

And I do visit Kotoku sometimes to read their articles its just these types of discussions I ignoreĀ 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossā€

John MiltonĀ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.ā€ -Ā  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ā 

Ā 

9 hours ago, melkathi said:

9 Devs and 2 advisors. Slow news day at Kotaku.

A friend wants to start a board game company. He will get his brother to help out. I'll be editing the rule books and write Kickstarter updates etc. We have a friend who is a graphic designer, and we have a friend who designs games, who we signed for our first game. Immediately it is a company of 5 men 0 women.

<HOW DARE YOU!.gif>

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

Ā 

Ā 

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

There is a massive problem with representation in bigger companies though. It is a real issue that reverberates through everything that has to do with the industry. Diversity is lacking across the board in gaming. It leads to a ton of AAA titles that look the same, it leads to toxic online communities, and frankly it is embarrassing. I don't even like telling people I play video games because it conjures up a negative stereotype. I grew up playing games by Roberta Williams and Lori and Corey Cole. Games were about adventure and whimsy. They didn't lack violence back then, but now it seems to drive the industry.Ā 

Thankfully we have plenty of indie development that breaks the boring mold today. But yeah, I don't think we fix representation just by hiring more ladies in a small development house. That is small time thinking. We need games that attract a wide audience, we need diverse paths into the gaming industry, and we need positive online communities that support growth and evolution.

Just my 2 cents. :p

• Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, Hurlsnot said:

We need games that attract a wide audience, we need diverse paths into the gaming industry, and we need positive online communities that support growth and evolution.

I don't think we need game that attract a wide audience - what else can we be elitist about?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

25 minutes ago, Sarex said:

They'll take our gaaarmsss...

I must admit, while playing the latest build of BG3 early access, I was thinking to myself: I miss times when I was the target audience. As far as I am concerned if someone wants Astarion in their game, they don't deserve games. šŸ˜›Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I don't mind other people getting what they want in a video game. So long as they don't prevent me from getting what I want. Which, I think, is the same point people arguing for more inclusion were trying to make before.

With that said, it is possible to go too far.

@Hurlsnot Have you heard of the indie game Never Alone? I don't usually go for platform games, but I wanted to support the project and really enjoyed playing the final product.

• Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

Ā 

@Hurlsnot Have you heard of the indie game Never Alone? I don't usually go for platform games, but I wanted to support the project and really enjoyed playing the final product.

That looks pretty amazing. 80% off on Steam right now too.

Edited by Hurlsnot
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Achilles said:

Like the tone, liked the setting and liked the unlockable "documentary" videos. But, darn I remember platforming being very sloppy in this one.Ā 

47 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Like the tone, liked the setting and liked the unlockable "documentary" videos. But, darn I remember platforming being very sloppy in this one.Ā 

I liked the tone and setting too, but couldn't get farther than I think third or fourth platform and rageuninstalled. I hate platformers SO F--ING MUCH, wish that creators who go for fresh settings would ignore this abysmal genre. šŸ˜„

2 hours ago, Wormerine said:

As I mentioned, I don't normally play games from the genre, so I didn't have anything to compare it to

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

9 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

There is a massive problem with representation in bigger companies though. It is a real issue that reverberates through everything that has to do with the industry. Diversity is lacking across the board in gaming. It leads to a ton of AAA titles that look the same, it leads to toxic online communities, and frankly it is embarrassing. I don't even like telling people I play video games because it conjures up a negative stereotype. I grew up playing games by Roberta Williams and Lori and Corey Cole. Games were about adventure and whimsy. They didn't lack violence back then, but now it seems to drive the industry.Ā 

Thankfully we have plenty of indie development that breaks the boring mold today. But yeah, I don't think we fix representation just by hiring more ladies in a small development house. That is small time thinking. We need games that attract a wide audience, we need diverse paths into the gaming industry, and we need positive online communities that support growth and evolution.

Just my 2 cents. :p

This post sounds very SJWish and I a dont feel comfortable with what you suggesting

Why would you be embarrassed by saying " Im a gamer ". Its incumbent on you to shatter the so called " gaming stereotypes " but by avoiding theĀ  topic or by lying about it you dont help anyone or improve the situationĀ Ā 

Ā 

John MiltonĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

25 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

The average gamer is a sexist white male thriving on nerd intuition rather than reflection so yeah I'd say it's time to clean house and make gaming better.

Comrade its been proven through the study of the human brain and peoples choices that most people make these choices because they enjoy them.Ā  So in other words the reason most of us game is because we enjoy it and again the the race card and sexist card plays no part in the reason unless you can present links that analytically show me " how most white gamers areĀ  sexist " ?

John MiltonĀ 

Ā 

Ā