The All Things Political Thread (One thread to rule them all and in the darkness bind them)

Gorth

18 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

"squee squee gimmie everything free" :lol:

See! This is why I need UHC and UBI. I cant possibly be expected to care for myself and family and its totes unfair that fatcats arent financing my life. ;( 

Its unfair to cats to bring them into this debate, what have our feline friends ever done to be called " fat " :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What do I have to do to get someone to cover my mortgage? Not to rub it into the bootstrapless of the world, I sincerely pity the magestic's and KP's of our world, but its my single largest monthly bill and I would very very much like to not have to pay it anymore. Its unfair that homes in my area cost <$something$> and its another of my inalienable rights to be provided a home to rest my weary bones. We need some Universal Free Housing up in here. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I see the scourge of feline obesity is a joke to you

You can own cats and they dont have to be fat Shady. Their are some excellent books and advice on how as a cat owner this can be achieved. So no its not a joke to me but its also something that can be addressed if you put effort in  

https://www.wikihow.pet/Help-Your-Cat-Lose-Weight

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

What do I have to do to get someone to cover my mortgage? Not to rub it into the bootstrapless of the world, I sincerely pity the magestic's and KP's of our world, but its my single largest monthly bill and I would very very much like to not have to pay it anymore. Its unfair that homes in my area cost <$something$> and its another of my inalienable rights to be provided a home to rest my weary bones. We need some Universal Free Housing up in here. 

Heck that’s easy. Reach out to the by the Biden administration in an offer to put up a couple of illegal aliens, oh excuse me undocumented migrants, in your spare bedrooms. After all he is shelling out a hell of a lot of our tax money to put them in decent hotels. You could start a AirBnB for them and suckle on the government teat to do it. Win win.  Of course you don’t speak Spanish so the conversation will be a little awkward. But the government rent checks will be printed in English. For now. 😂

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ah, Americans.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Heck that’s easy. Reach out to the by the Biden administration in an offer to put up a couple of illegal aliens, oh excuse me undocumented migrants, in your spare bedrooms. After all he is shelling out a hell of a lot of our tax money to put them in decent hotels. You could start a AirBnB for them and suckle on the government teat to do it. Win win.  Of course you don’t speak Spanish so the conversation will be a little awkward. But the government rent checks will be printed in English. For now. 😂

And Gfted1 has a spare room since his daughter moved out so we talking about at least 4-5 illegal immigrants who he could charge rent to ?

Gfted1 forget UBI, this is how you can seriously increase your revenue stream  :p

• Haha 1

John Milton 

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:

This is a debate, say what you think it relevant to the discussion :thumbsup:

Look Bruce, before I edited it out, the post was a joke about the irony of you trying to explain free market economics 101 by way of a cartel controlling 80+% of a limited natural resource and accounting for 40+% of its global production. Doubly funny because it's in response to a post about a few companies that price gouge to their heart's content in a protected market without any fear of consequences. Even the otherwise brilliantly goalpost moving other party engaged in this realized that there should be some sort of litigation for such an obvious abuse of market power, before trying to deflect how utterly debunked his original claim was and shifting the focus towards company revenue statistics.

However, I almost immediately realized there are only two possible reasons for this:

1. You really don't realize the irony or
  2. You're acting in bad faith

For either reason, the only conclusion to draw is that WOPR was right.

wargames-quote-not-to-play.jpg

Hence: Never mind, this isn't worth it.

Happy now?

Edited by majestic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

3 minutes ago, majestic said:

Look Bruce, before I edited it out, the post was a joke about the irony of you trying to explain free market economics 101 by way of a cartel controlling 80+% of a limited natural resource and accounting for 40+% of its global production. Doubly funny because it's in response to a post about a few companies that price gouge to their heart's content in a protected market without any fear of consequences. Even the otherwise brilliantly goalpost moving other party engaged in this realized that there should be some sort of litigation for such an obvious abuse of market power, before trying to deflect how utterly debunked his original claim was and shifting the focus towards company revenue statistics.

However, I almost immediately realized there are only two possible reasons for this:

1. You really don't realize the irony or
  2. You're acting in bad faith

For either reason, the only conclusion to draw is that WOPR was right.

wargames-quote-not-to-play.jpg

Hence: Never mind, this isn't worth it.

Happy now?

Thank you for explaining your view on this matter and yes I am happy now. This is all I ask, lets debate in a robust and constructive way even if we disagree with each other 

And just for the record I was talking about the broader principle of  how the free market works and how price is influenced by supply and demand and availability of the item or goods

The oil price is just one example based directly on this principle. And its not a monopoly as any country or company that has access to oil can trade oil based on the global price  on the open market 

I cant comment on the reality of insulin production because I am not familiar with that sector 

John Milton 

56 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

And Gfted1 has a spare room since his daughter moved out so we talking about at least 4-5 illegal immigrants who he could charge rent to ?

Gfted1 forget UBI, this is how you can seriously increase your revenue stream  :p

Its an attractive, but temporary solution. Eventually they will surpass the average American and move out on their own. Ahahahahah, I slay me. :lol: 

Heres a picture of me right now:

22918411-businessman-standing-with-pocke

Aside, I recently had my dreams crushed. I had it in my head that I was going to retire at 62 no matter the amount of the monthly checks, then I asked Google what age you have to be to retire, and it told me 65 (because of the year of my birth)! GODDAMMIT! Will anyone of you rich peeps (Grom, LC, Hurlshot) sponsor me until I retire? Im pretty easy on the eyes if that helps. :yes: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

You could always save up, and invest. I've made this month some cash just on indexes. 

Edited by Darkpriest

1 hour ago, Hurlsnot said:

You can't just sell your house and live on the equity for a few years until you hit 65?

50 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

You could always save up, and invest. I've made this month some cash just on indexes. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa...Im not looking for things that I can do to help myself, Ive been doing that my entire life. Im looking for my birthrights to come rolling in via a generous sponsors so I can better spend my time staring deeply into my navel, or interpretive dancing. You know how we do it in the West...the more you have, the more you need.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

Yeah, I was up $17 a couple weeks ago on my Workhorse stock. But then I lost it the next week. 

I'm not very good at this stock market stuff.

Buy weed.  Also weed stocks.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

18 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Buy weed.  Also weed stocks.

Excellent idea for a good stock pick and it wont compromise Hurlshots California liberal code because weed is legal in over 30 states ?

John Milton 

45 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa...Im not looking for things that I can do to help myself, Ive been doing that my entire life. Im looking for my birthrights to come rolling in via a generous sponsors so I can better spend my time staring deeply into my navel, or interpretive dancing. You know how we do it in the West...the more you have, the more you need.

But Gfted1 you forgetting how it works, remember white people dont work for anything and never have. We only achieved resources and perceived  wealth due to Colonialism, neo-imperialism and historical injustice at the expense of everyone else. I cant believe you actually have been trying to do things yourself and not relying on the wealth of your ancestors?

:teehee:

John Milton 

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

You can own cats

That’s where you went wrong right there. You can’t. You can feed them and provide for them and take care of them but by God you cannot own them. And they will let you know that too. If anything it’s the other way around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I smell some burning straw in this thread.

• Like 1

When Bill Clinton is picked to head up a council on women’s empowerment the state of politics in the United States has long passed the level of absurdity where it can be rationally discussed. Some folks are still fighting the Partisan battle as though the alternative were any better. Those of us who know what’s going on know that we are on an express elevator to hell and going down. I’m just trying to fire off a few sarcastic comments here and there and otherwise enjoy the ride.

• Sad 1

Thomas Sowell

Just now, Guard Dog said:

That’s where you went wrong right there. You can’t. You can feed them and provide for them and take care of them but by God you cannot own them. And they will let you know that too. If anything it’s the other way around.

Its funny you mention cats like that, my family are mostly dog lovers and arent  that partial  to cats. Only a few of us love cats. My Dad thinks cats are unaffectionate and are a destructive force around conservation and nature . When one of my brothers house got broken into, he has only cats and no  dogs, my dads unhelpful response was " useless animals those cats, you should have them put down and get a proper pet that will at least raise the noise level if an intruder comes into your property "  ....clearly he is not a cat person :lol:

John Milton 

9 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

When Bill Clinton is picked to head up a council on women’s empowerment the state of politics in the United States has long passed the level of absurdity where it can be rationally discussed. Some folks are still fighting the Partisan battle as though the alternative were any better. Those of us who know what’s going on know that we are on an express elevator to hell and going down. I’m just trying to fire off a few sarcastic comments here and there and otherwise enjoy the ride.

It is absurd, for sure. Although it sounds like it is just an event. Biden didn't put him in charge of the department of Women, or anything like that. :p

Speaking of absurd: Krispy Kreme under fire for COVID Vaccine promo

What a joyless crop of f——-rs that insist on being heard we have in this country 

Thomas Sowell

34 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Speaking of absurd: Krispy Kreme under fire for COVID Vaccine promo

What a joyless crop of f——-rs that insist on being heard we have in this country 

Their donuts are pretty terrible though.