Are you in for a new Forgotten Realms adventure  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in for a new Forgotten Realms adventure

• Hell Yeah!
    • No thanks, I'am good...

Dear Obsidian,

Waiting for NWN 3 for such a long time, please make it happen!!!! NWN 1 and 2 where so enjoyable, great story's and characters. Or a good remaster will do for the time being :) 

In both cases I would like it to be real time with pause and not a turn based combat system.

Really had a amazing time playing Pillars 1 and 2, Tyranny and many more of your games. Hope the time comes for a new Forgotten Realms adventure soon. 

Edited by Erwin van der Poel
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Erwin van der Poel said:

Hope the time comes for a new Forgotten Realms adventure soon. 

.....did you miss the reveal that Baldur's Gate 3 is happening?

"I am the expert, asshat." - Hurlshot

"I'm fine with humanity being wiped out" - majestic

"I won't say what just in case KaineParker is reading" - Bartimaeus

"Oh no! Is there super secret ending as well? I don’t care." - Wormerine

On 2/23/2021 at 12:43 PM, ComradeMaster said:

I'll be honest I liked NWN1 but NWN2 left something to be desired.

Well this may be the exact dilemma with reviving that franchise. The two games were very different from one another, and for many fans they liked one or the other but not both. I for one loved 2 and hated 1. So exactly which way do you go with 3? More like 1 or more like 2?

I wouldn't mind another (non-5E) D&D game, but they could choose a more interesting setting than the Forgotten Realms.  I'd only be really interested in a Forgotten Realms game if it was set in the Moonshaes.

But seeing as any new D&D game would almost have to be 5E...meh.

5 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

I wouldn't mind another (non-5E) D&D game, but they could choose a more interesting setting than the Forgotten Realms.  I'd only be really interested in a Forgotten Realms game if it was set in the Moonshaes.

But seeing as any new D&D game would almost have to be 5E...meh.

53 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

After playing BG3 I gotta say I'm in agreement here

We'll probably see a new edition in a year or two, and I'll bet a videogame gets released around the same time or shortly after.

• Thanks 1

"I am the expert, asshat." - Hurlshot

"I'm fine with humanity being wiped out" - majestic

"I won't say what just in case KaineParker is reading" - Bartimaeus

"Oh no! Is there super secret ending as well? I don’t care." - Wormerine

Well, looks like 5e will be getting a lot more video game attention before WotC moves on to whatever's next. WotC is now the revenue driver of Hasbro. See: https://www.geekwire.com/2021/hasbro-reorganizes-support-big-growth-dungeons-dragons-magic-gathering/

From what I can tell, The Hidden Path Entertainment game will likely be an animated game, and the OtherSide Entertainment game likely a gothic-horror game. Just as the CEO of WotC said last year, they're trying to make D&D games in a range of different genres, so the odds are, sadly, very low they will make another D&D old-school cRPG besides BG3. BG3 checks off that box, and so I don't see what different genre box a NwN3 would check off.