randoM vidEo gAme News

Amentep

1 hour ago, Melusina said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't think live service was bad for consumer

less unpopular and less opinion and more question-like: what was issue with live service? What was so wrong with it? What was it all about?

well for me its easy. I like to own what I pay for. I don't want some EA CEO decide that game I paid for is not making enough money and deny my access to it

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

14 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

well for me its easy. I like to own what I pay for. I don't want some EA CEO decide that game I paid for is not making enough money and deny my access to it

isn't that what denuvo is? what's live service in that?

3 minutes ago, Melusina said:

isn't that what denuvo is? what's live service in that?

what?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Live service generally entails a server-based architecture where your progress isn't stored locally. You must connect to the network to have access not only to the regular new contents and updates that are supposedly the upside of a live service, but simply to access your stuff and play the game.

That's different from a DRM scheme like Denuvo which may need to dial home, even though the authentication mechanisms in live services do double as a form of DRM. Fundamentally you can strip or sidestep a DRM layer to get the game to work, but there's no way around a live service's servers shutting down.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

3 hours ago, 213374U said:

Live service generally entails a server-based architecture where your progress isn't stored locally. You must connect to the network to have access not only to the regular new contents and updates that are supposedly the upside of a live service, but simply to access your stuff and play the game.

That's different from a DRM scheme like Denuvo which may need to dial home, even though the authentication mechanisms in live services do double as a form of DRM. Fundamentally you can strip or sidestep a DRM layer to get the game to work, but there's no way around a live service's servers shutting down.

Unless you are competent enough to decode traffic between your client and the game server, and recreate "fan-server" at a later date. Which is a skill that like 99.999999999999% of all gamers lack 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

6 hours ago, 213374U said:

yeah, that sounds like total crap.

9 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Here is my conspiracy theory: CDPR hacked themselves and sold their stuff to make up for Cyberpunk refunds and to regain goodwill with public. 🤫

To paraphrase the great philosopher Mick Dundee: That's not a conspiracy theory, this is a conspiracy theory...

Everyone knows there are shortages of gpus and cpus. The reason for that is not Intel and to a lesser extent Samsung crapping the bed or high demand for hardware due to everyone staying at home because of covid or supply side issues due to shipping being completely asterisked; the real reason is that the foundries that make them are now too busy making the microchips that are going into the vaccines to make enough cpus/ gpus. Think about it sheeple, you know it makes sense.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Haha 6
  • Hmmm 3
  • Gasp! 2

1 hour ago, Zoraptor said:

To paraphrase the great philosopher Mick Dundee: That's not a conspiracy theory, this is a conspiracy theory...

Everyone knows there are shortages of gpus and cpus. The reason for that is not Intel and to a lesser extent Samsung crapping the bed or high demand for hardware due to everyone staying at home because of covid or supply side issues due to shipping being completely asterisked; the real reason is that the foundries that make them are now too busy making the microchips that are going into the vaccines to make enough cpus/ gpus. Think about it sheeple, you know it makes sense.

I guess the biggest question now is, can you overclock it?

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

The Sinking City dev tells people not to buy its own game from Steam • Eurogamer.net

The H. P. Lovecraft-inspired horror adventure returned to Steam yesterday - and it didn't take long for the developer to warn potential customers not to buy the game.
In a tweet, Ukrainian developer Frogwares said it had not created the version of The Sinking City made available to buy on Steam this week. "We do not recommend the purchase of this version," it said.
This version was published by Nacon, the company Frogwares has endured a long-running dispute with over control of the game.
Back in August 2020, Frogwares pulled The Sinking City from sale a year after it filed a lawsuit against Nacon, the French video game company formed from the consolidation of the Bigben group ahead of an IPO.
Frogwares alleged Nacon tried to claim copyright of The Sinking City after its release, withheld milestone payments, and owed the developer around €1m in unpaid royalties.
"We did our best to deal with this quietly and amicably but to no avail," Frogwares boss Wael Amr said at the time.
Then, in October 2020, the Paris Court of Appeal ruled Frogwares acted unlawfully when it pulled The Sinking City from sale, and ordered the developer to refrain from any further action that would affect its contract with Nacon until the dispute between the two parties was resolved.
This decision opened the door to The Sinking City's return to Steam. But before Nacon managed it, in January 2021 Frogwares released the game on Valve's platform - although it was pulled soon after.
Now, a month later, Nacon has put The Sinking City back on Steam, and already it's getting review-bombed, with customers complaining that the latest release appears to be an old version of the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

4 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

It's all in the numbers.   Terror built into the system.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, Melusina said:

yeah, that sounds like total crap.

It is crap indeed 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It seems that Systemshock remake is back on track. There is new demo available on Steam and GoG. It's pretty generous when it comes to content - first level I believe. I died before reaching the end, though I feel I have been reaching the end (playing for about 2 hours) - I don't think it supports saves right now. I never played Systemshock1, UI just seemed a bit too prohibitive, and so far I liked a lot what I played. It still feels like an old game but in good ways. There are few kinks - these is one bit when you play a game of Plummer while levitating - that was super awkward. I assume the Plummer minigame wasn't done in real time in the original. But overall, good stuff. 

• Like 4

https://nee.lv/2021/02/28/How-I-cut-GTA-Online-loading-times-by-70/

Good work by this person, cut the loading times for GTA Online.  If that were the only problem with GTA Online 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 2/28/2021 at 2:15 PM, Wormerine said:

It seems that Systemshock remake is back on track. There is new demo available on Steam and GoG. It's pretty generous when it comes to content - first level I believe. I died before reaching the end, though I feel I have been reaching the end (playing for about 2 hours) - I don't think it supports saves right now. I never played Systemshock1, UI just seemed a bit too prohibitive, and so far I liked a lot what I played. It still feels like an old game but in good ways. There are few kinks - these is one bit when you play a game of Plummer while levitating - that was super awkward. I assume the Plummer minigame wasn't done in real time in the original. But overall, good stuff. 

Played a little bit, initial impressions are....kinda boring.  Maybe it'll pick up but so far nothing really compelling about it.

They didn't bother to look. Is just the same as the RDR2 online mode ... they don't care. They gladly take your money, but that's it. Everything else is of no importance to R*.

• Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

They didn't bother to look. Is just the same as the RDR2 online mode ... they don't care. They gladly take your money, but that's it. Everything else is of no importance to R*.

Well, based on the money they are getting, safe to say their customers aren't caring, either.