Politics XXXIV (Politics never changes)

213374U

28 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

aside, so is clear, am not personal wishing a severe respiratory illness on anybody, not even our worstest enemies. one thing being overlooked in all this is what a terrible way it is to die, gasping and unable to to breathe despite struggling to do so.  #$%& karma if it uses covid-19 to punish.

I really suck at viruses so am a horrible source of information regarding their science and ramifications but I do recall this winter me waking up twice in the middle of the night gasping for air and unable to breathe, thinking I was going to die only to recover in 30 seconds or so.  I thought it was just a random case of asthma (even though I have absolutely no history of asthma) but if I did contract the "virus" and survived through it w/o me even knowing it, that would be something, as I had no idea COVID-19 even existed back them.

am not a doctor, but unless you also had a fever, am thinking covid-19 chances is kinda low for what you describe.

that said, if happened to Gromnir as you describe, we would mention to a doctor rather than rando boardies. sleep apnea came to mind when you described, but self-diagnose is foolish particular if it leads to not getting medical advice.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

And since this is only remotely related to corona, it goes here, rather than in that thread as no doubt Bibi would prefer:

Was the delay of Netanyahu's trial cynical or legal? - analysis

Folks in the US and elsewhere should keep their eyes peeled for local ****bags trying to pull similar stunts.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

has already been covid-19 delays o' a few SCOTUS and fed appellate cases which relate to trump issues.

in a criminal trial, where one needs confront accuser and finder o' fact will be called 'pon to decide truthfulness o' witnesses based on their witness demeanor while being questioned, am understanding the need for live and in person court proceedings. no good alternative given legal and practical limits.

where issues is legal and not factual, technology should be able to overcome any health concerns.  is no reason for persons to be in physical proximity to deal with legal questions. sure, we expect hiccups getting technology to work, particular as so many judges and Justices is older and as susceptible as they is to covid-19, they is, as a group, even more at risk to the weird old person autofail disease related to anything as modern and complex as a microwave oven ui.

covid-19 is lame excuse but is real in short-term. such delays o' appellate and SCOTUS cases should be taking only as long as required to streamline tech such that even judges and Justices can manage.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

18 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Wait, did Rand Paul really just test positive for Covid-19? That's a frightening bit of karma for Ron. :unsure:

Based on some reports, he may have infected several other congress folks before he got the results. Would be hilarious if this turns out to be the most effective way Paul reduced the government.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, Skazz said:

What?

EDIT: No, seriously, what? Is this some kind of forum in-joke?

BruceVC wants to have Angela's babies. That's not really an in-joke, he just loves her that much. An in-joke would be if I said Qis was jealous of it. :p

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

7 hours ago, Skazz said:

Aaaand I'm even more lost 😶

Me too, and I made the joke about shipping Bruce and Qis.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

People claim they hate Trump because he is a 'dictator wannabe' yet these same people continue to show love for actual dictators like Iran and China. But, not Russia. Hmmm.. what is the difference between these 3 countries.. oh yeah, Russia is whitey mcwhite so it  acceptable to be racist and hateful towards them.

Again, diseases/illness are often named after where they originated. Hell, some diseases are named literally after 'patient 0' or the person who 'made I famous'. *cough* Lou Gherig disease *cough* (not sick honest). Does that mean the people who named it that are 'bigoted'/'hateful' towards Gherig? Hmmm..

P.S. PM Blackface, even after I praised him earlier, shows his true colours. Just another piece of garbage dictator wannabe. Not surprisng since he loves China and admires their ability to mass murder their own citizens at their own whim.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

26 minutes ago, Volourn said:

People claim they hate Trump because he is a 'dictator wannabe' yet these same people continue to show love for actual dictators like Iran and China. But, not Russia. Hmmm.. what is the difference between these 3 countries.. oh yeah, Russia is whitey mcwhite so it  acceptable to be racist and hateful towards them.

Russia is a multi ethnic country like the U.S.A.

And I like how these "Liberals" laser focus on Leftist country "dictators" and trying to apply them to Trump whilst completely ignoring his far right socio-economic policy.  Therin lies the danger.  The United States has a checkered history with Russia, FDR was by far the most pro USSR POTUS we've ever had for instance, so it's kinda laughable how this same party is now the most fiercely anti-Russian there is.

So much for Team Blue.

3 minutes ago, Volourn said:

Again, diseases/illness are often named after where they originated. 

That is not really true, as diseases that have named after place are rarely named after place where they actually originated. Like Spanish flu originated from USA, but it is called Spanish flu because Spanish reported about it when other countries were busy to kill each other in WW1.  West Nile fever/virus was discovered in Uganda which is source of Nile and most of thee Uganda including are where discovery was done is locates east side of White Nile. Zika fever/virus is named after Zika Forest in Uganda, even though it was first found on human in Nigeria, because it was first found from monkey in cage in Zika forest.

Also Covid-19 (Corona virus disease 2019)/ SARS-CoV-2 (Severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2) was not named after place where first cases of it were identified, although as current official naming convention produced name that don't have easy vernacular nickname (like SARS or MERS  or swine flu / bird flu) some people insist to call it names that don't actually help to identify it but with their political agenda. And lots of people really don't care what its name is and just call it corona, even though there is billion different corona strains, but people seem to still know which disease people are referring to.

"Russia is a multi ethnic country like the U.S.A. "

L0L But no. But, what definition of 'multi ethnic' are you going by?

I said 'often' diseases are named fior where they are found/who got it famous/who reported it.

As for a disease's 'technical' name.. If you except most people to by gibberish labelings like Conravirus 1b26hj845gf, good luck with that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

6 minutes ago, Volourn said:

L0L But no. But, what definition of 'multi ethnic' are you going by?

As in, not 80+ percent caucasian.  Russia has a large Arab and Asian population.

And why are these liberals who allegedly hate Russia for being "white" (dumbest reason ever) at the same time appear to be very Eurocentric?

It makes no sense, the Democractic Party is absolutely riddled with contradictions and inadvertently fueling Trump's Right wing agenda by targeting him for the very wrong reasons.

Edited by ComradeMaster

Russia has next to no Arab population. It does have a large muslim Tartar population, but Tartars are Turkic, not Semitic. I'd be pretty sure 80%+ of Russia's population is white though.

And yeah, census 2010 gives 80.9% Russian (sic) ethnicity by itself.

1 hour ago, Elerond said:

Also Covid-19 (Corona virus disease 2019)/ SARS-CoV-2 (Severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2) was not named after place where first cases of it were identified, although as current official naming convention produced name that don't have easy vernacular nickname (like SARS or MERS  or swine flu / bird flu) some people insist to call it names that don't actually help to identify it but with their political agenda. And lots of people really don't care what its name is and just call it corona, even though there is billion different corona strains, but people seem to still know which disease people are referring to.

I don't have any problem with it being called the Wuhan Virus or similar, it's accurate and discrete enough to be useful. But yes, Trump is certainly insisting on calling it the "China Virus" to try and deflect blame for the handling of the crisis away from him and onto foreigners for purely political reasons.

If the rest of the response had coherence and competence I think people would largely ignore the dog whistling, but unfortunately it's very far from it. His press conference yesterday was an utter embarrassment, and he's going to get a lot of people killed trying to bullasterisk away a virus in the same way he tries to get rid of other problems.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Russia has next to no Arab population. It does have a large muslim Tartar population

Ok "Russia has a large Muslim population", which runs contrary to white western reactionaries who look at all Muslims as being foreign villains, so yeah the prejuide that I'm used to has kinda warped my perceptions, so forgive me.

Also, I would say that being "ethnically Russian" is probably a bit different than being "ethnically Anglo/Saxon", but I could be wrong.

8 hours ago, KaineParker said:

Me too, and I made the joke about shipping Bruce and Qis.

You don't think if Qis was still around she'd be jealous of how BruceVC  has been fawning over Angie? I would be in her shoes. ;)

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.