Politics XXXIV (Politics never changes)

213374U

4 minutes ago, Volourn said:

"Iran is only considered "Bad" here in the U.S. because they are the arch enemy of Israel. "

I don't give a crap about what the US thinks. Iran is ';bad' because they are a dictatorshiup that mass murder their own citizens for giggles amongst other travesties.

"No people are inherently bad. "

FAKE NEWS.

You also contradict yourself. You claim there are 'no bad people' than you spam a made up % suggesting 5% of people are bad. You can't have it both ways. Then you claim gov't are bad. Last I checked, gov'ts are run by people hence you disprove your own statement in the same post TWICE.

L0LZ

OK, correction, no GROUP of people are inherently bad. Unless they are Yankees fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, seriously. Without a doubt.

Yeah, I will skip the jab at my country because I'm a nice guy and will only point that you might missed something inherently wrong with Merkel's statement.

2 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Iran is only considered "Bad" here in the U.S. because they are the arch enemy of Israel.

Might be. Might also be what Volo suggested. People tend to carry grudges for certain activities Iranians participate in.

166215__front.jpg

11 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Last time I checked Polish conservatives were not a country.

Oh, the maps might have been updated since last time you checked. Despite the Germany "challenges" Poland is a country 😄

166215__front.jpg

11 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Oh, the maps might have been updated since last time you checked. Despite the Germany "challenges" Poland is a country 😄

Point me to the passage where I took a jab at Poland or where I said that Poland is not a country - or live with the shame that you can't read properly. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

49 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Point me to the passage where I took a jab at Poland or where I said that Poland is not a country - or live with the shame that you can't read properly. 

Ah yes, reading. That's something you should work on, yes. 📚

Edited by Amentep
Edited to remove post that no longer exists

166215__front.jpg

Please remember to treat each other with respect.  If you can't keep things that way post will be deleted, as will obvious troll posts and posts that circumvent the swear filter.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/liberal-npcs-hate-russia-conservative-npcs-hate-china-9b4ac2f853

America has two war parties. The Overton window of acceptable mainstream debate has been ripped away from those who simply want peace and a healthy planet altogether, and now the only permitted arguments are about which wars should occur first.

This is gravely disordered, and it cannot continue.1*D11oXntLAHwT1nqfskqjeQ.jpeg

Edited by ComradeMaster

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

Ah yes, reading. That's something you should work on, yes. 📚

Everybody should. One can never read too well. 

Still waiting for the quote though. Where is it?

skarpen.png?dl=1

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Everybody should. One can never read too well. 

Still waiting for the quote though. Where is it?

skarpen.png?dl=1

I will refer you to Amentep post above. As for the quote it's in the same post you found that Angela Merkel's comparing current situation to Germany WWII war efforts is just dandy 🙄 And I will leave this at that.

-----------------------------------

Poland Prime Minister was on CNN explaining situation on Poland:

166215__front.jpg

7 hours ago, Skazz said:

I have come to this thread bearing the image of peace.

When in doubt, remember: this is why we need to get along.

Hide contents

717?cb=20101031000529&path-prefix=en

(I'm only half-joking, by the way.)

I too dream of the day when humanity's combined scientific efforts may be turned to exploring and colonising the stars... and that our combined military might would be turned against the Romulans.

Edited by Agiel
  • Haha 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

58 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

As for the quote it's in the same post you found that Angela Merkel's comparing current situation to Germany WWII war efforts is just dandy.

Then quote it!

If you can't that either means that you are unable to use the quotation tags (which is unlikely since you just quoted me) - or are *gasp* lying.

skarpen_cant_do_it.png?dl=1

And while you are at that also highlight the part where Merkel is comparing the current situation with WWII (little hint: saying that Y is going to be the biggest challenge since X doesn't say anything about the magnitute or quality of neither X nor Y. It just says that there was nothing of that quality or magnitude betwen the two). 

Again:

8 hours ago, Amentep said:

Please remember to treat each other with respect.  If you can't keep things that way post will be deleted, as will obvious troll posts and posts that circumvent the swear filter.

Thread pruned.

Edited by 213374U
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

6 hours ago, 213374U said:

Again:

Thread pruned.

But you left all the DJ Bobo stuff! :lol:

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell