Politics XXXIV (Politics never changes)

213374U

So Barr dumped stock before the panic and market dive, but so did a senator from Georgia named Kelly Loeffler. What's more, she is married to the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange and its parent company, and she put her money into a teleconferencing company. Maybe I'm just a loony radical, but something about this nexus of power seems to be a little ****ed to me.

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

But you left all the DJ Bobo stuff! :lol:

Reported for treating DJ Bobo as a joke.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, KaineParker said:

So Barr dumped stock before the panic and market dive, but so did a senator from Georgia named Kelly Loeffler. What's more, she is married to the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange and its parent company, and she put her money into a teleconferencing company. Maybe I'm just a loony radical, but something about this nexus of power seems to be a little ****ed to me.

Such is the grace of First World corruption :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As of right now, the only thing stopping Trump from re-election is total economic meltdown, which is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I will give him credit for having the political instincts and flexibility to institute programs that help the little guy to save his ass in this case, as his approval rating seems to be climbing now.

This hawkish attiutde towards China among Republicans is very alarming though. It's just as bad as Russiagate Liberals.  Which is our 2 party corporate driven imperialist state in a nutshell.

China deserves all the **** they get. They are the only country I know off who PUNISHED a doctor because he dared warn people about the virus. He subsequently got the virus, and died.  China is an evil dictatorship that murders and terrorizies its own people for giggles.

P.S. Russia is just as bad.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You may not like them because -reasons- but it's imperative we all get along and respect our differences.

Yes, western countries don't like authoritarian governments, but our differences can compliment each other rather antagonize each other.

Besides, last I checked, it's not China with 200+ military bases across the globe trying to conquer and bomb everything, that's the U.S..

Look at it this way:  China built a wall thousands of years ago.  Not to invade, but to prevent being invaded.  That's the Chinese psyche in a nutshell.

9 hours ago, HoonDing said:

isn't this guy a doctor lol

is particular illustrative as paul included death totals from march 17. four days following his vid release, the numbers o' deaths has near tripled. ~5k on 3/17 and ~13k on 3/21. doubling every 3 days represents the kinda exponential growth which is current overwhelming italian hospitals.

am baffled by folks who look at extremes taken by chinese, coupled with current situation in italy, who is nevertheless dismissive o' the current pandemic.

however, while paul is misrepresenting the dangers o' the disease, he is not wrong 'bout government impulses in time o' crisis. we warned our fellows after 9/11 how in our estimation the single greatest danger we faced were not acts o' future foreign terrorism, but rather the well-intentioned efforts o' our own elected representatives to suspend civil liberties, freedoms which would disappear and never return. we were almost as horrified by the bipartisan patriot act votes as we were by images o' the towers falling.

fast-forward to 2020. doj has asked congress to functional suspend habeas corpus, not that Congress has authority to do so. 

DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic

it is ok to be afraid o' covid-19. it is stoopid to do as is ron paul and minimize the dangers o' covid-19. however, you may never get back what you sacrifice today to feel a bit more safe.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Anyone who would trade essential liberty for temporary safety deserves neither and will have neither. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

12 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Anyone who would trade essential liberty for temporary safety deserves neither and will have neither. 

Yeah, but neither will we.

(e): I think I meant to have an "and" instead of a "but" there. Whoops.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"You may not like them because -reasons- but it's imperative we all get along and respect our differences. "

Chinese gov't? Nah. They are scum and evil to the core. Chinese people? Absolutely. They're cool.

"That's a frightening bit of karma for Ron. "

Look at this. Another religious nutball spamming his cult.  Karma either a) doesn't exist or b) is as much a psycho as 'God' is. Yeah, the 80 myear old grandam who has done nothing wrong her entire life gets Covid -19 and dies? She musta deserved it. A little kid suffering abuse from their parents. Deserved it. Because, you know. Karma. Karma, according to its religious followers, only punishes the wicked and rewards the good. L0LZ

I hate to derail this thread but Volourn here is quite the charmer.

Buddy, if both Marxist governments and "religious nutballs" are bad, what would you consider "good"?  China's economy is unshaken during this crisis and has offered Italy plenty of supplies and aid to combat their epidemic, whilst the U.S. government seems to be firing from the hip.

16 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

China's economy is unshaken during this crisis and has offered Italy plenty of supplies and aid to combat their epidemic, whilst the U.S. government seems to be firing from the hip.

Nope, China is not doing anywhere near good:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/business/coronavirus-china-economy.html

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/opinion/article/3076175/coronavirus-china-economic-pain-has-only-just-begun

https://www.statista.com/chart/21135/production-and-sales-losses-in-china/

166215__front.jpg

Freedom. Freedom is good.

And, no, China's economy is not 'unshaken'.  Stop beliving China's lies. The fact you support the ONLY country (that I know of)that PUNISHED a doctor for daring to speak about COVID and then he subsequently 'caught it and died' says a lot about you. Stop defending China. They are evil and theya re the ones who caused this mess to begin with. Other gov't are now dealing with **** because of China. PERIOD.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Volourn said:

"You may not like them because -reasons- but it's imperative we all get along and respect our differences. "

Chinese gov't? Nah. They are scum and evil to the core. Chinese people? Absolutely. They're cool.

"That's a frightening bit of karma for Ron. "

Look at this. Another religious nutball spamming his cult.  Karma either a) doesn't exist or b) is as much a psycho as 'God' is. Yeah, the 80 myear old grandam who has done nothing wrong her entire life gets Covid -19 and dies? She musta deserved it. A little kid suffering abuse from their parents. Deserved it. Because, you know. Karma. Karma, according to its religious followers, only punishes the wicked and rewards the good. L0LZ

well, the karma part for ron might be misplaced, but it is worth noting how rand were one o' only two senators who voted against the recent coronavirus relief bill, and rand forced a vote on a last minute amendment complete unrelated to coronavirus which delayed the bill. so argue karma for rand, while unnecessary in our mind, avoids your criticisms.

might wanna call rand diagnosis irony, but is actually coincidence. fact some might consider it to be justice as well as coincidence kinda puts it square in karma territory, no?

also, like it or not, am thinking if karma is a thing it would prove how god/the universe has craptacular aim. far too often the villains go unscathed while those 'round 'em is the people getting smote. perhaps there is karma in the universe, but as often as not it is the innocents vol identifies who is actual targeted by the wrath o' the universe. but again, is a stretch to put rand in same category with abused children and your grandma... though for all you know the grandma is a closeted serial killer and the abused child shoves lit firecrackers up squirrel butts for fun. is how the karma folks look at such inequities, no?

aside, so is clear, am not personal wishing a severe respiratory illness on anybody, not even our worstest enemies. one thing being overlooked in all this is what a terrible way it is to die, gasping and unable to to breathe despite struggling to do so.  #$%& karma if it uses covid-19 to punish.

in any event, as kinda a weekend existentialist, is few things we believe in absolutely. however, we got zero doubts 'bout the following: Life is not Fair. deal with it.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)