Politics Generations

Amentep

1 hour ago, Volourn said:

Nice that us Kanadians will vote for a racist and a sexist while mocking our Southern neighbours for supposedly doing the same. LMAO

Hm, not sure Trudeau is either of those but he is helped by Scheer having that meshback Ford around his ankle and Singh not really hitting his stride until later on.  Minority government being projected for Liberals apparently, will be funny watching Scheer's concession.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Meshback Ford? The only Canadian Ford I can think of is that (in)famous Canadian mayor who died of cancer a couple years ago. Or maybe his name wasn't Ford? I don't remember exactly.

Edit: Rob Ford is who I was thinking of.

edit2: Oh, BBC liveblog said that it was over Doug Ford (the brother of Rob Ford) and the premier of Ontario (basically the governor I think?) but didn't really give any context as to what the issue is other than it being a powerful position and him being Trumpy.

Edited by smjjames

Doug Ford is the same kind of loudmouth fool as his crackhead brother was,  arguably doesn't even have Rob's affability.  But he's had somewhat unpopular policies usual Tory cuts to services,  etc. (although for some reason they gave deputy ministers a 14% pay increase), and as such he's an anchor for Scheer - reason he's taken a 5 month break and is MIA related to all things relating to the election. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"At least he is less blatant about it, as far as I know anyway"

The guy has repeatedly worn black/brown face to the point he can't 'remember' how many times he's done it. He's literally mocked Indian (from India) in their own country, he's been caught sexually harassing women, he's thrown out women out of his party after championing them because they refused to do his illegal bidding and lying about it, he's been caught mocking natives are discussing things with them. theen there's the whole point of him calling veterans greedy. LMAO

EVIL.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

3 minutes ago, Volourn said:

he's thrown out women out of his party after championing them because they refused to do his illegal bidding and lying about it

Never did get this point on how this is misogynistic, any party member causing trouble for the party is asking to get axed.  In any event, he's lucky the opposition was weak.  Good to see Bernier lose his seat and his party get stomped, though, if just to laugh at his fans.

"Never did get this point on how this is misogynistic, any party member causing trouble for the party is asking to get axed."

Funny how, according to his lackies, only women were 'causing trouble' for him/the party. btw, One of those 'trouble makers' won her seat.

Also funny how he claims any man accused of sexual harassment is kicked out of party without even actual evidence b/c it won't be tolerated... unless he's accused...

6 hours ago, Volourn said:

"Never did get this point on how this is misogynistic, any party member causing trouble for the party is asking to get axed."

Funny how, according to his lackies, only women were 'causing trouble' for him/the party. btw, One of those 'trouble makers' won her seat.

Also funny how he claims any man accused of sexual harassment is kicked out of party without even actual evidence b/c it won't be tolerated... unless he's accused...

Volo you making several scurrilous accusations against Trudeau, they demonstrably untrue. He definitely doesn't hate women and he apologized for the brown face incidents,

Dont be a hater 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

All my accusations have been proven. He's even 'apologized' for some of them. If you buy his apology you are delusional. The guy is a fake, a liar, a sexist, a racist, anti serviceperson, he manplains to the ladies all the time, he accuses those who disagree with him as Nazis and nto on some silly internet forum but seriously  in front of everyone, he seeks foreign interverence in our country's election, etc. That man is vile to the core.

P.S. I wonder what people who got mad at Hilary losing the election despite winning the popular vote feel about Turdo doing the same thing. He claims Scheer is like Trump but Turdo is more like Turnup than anybody. LMAO

On 10/20/2019 at 8:40 PM, Zoraptor said:

Bashar is far more head of an old style oligarchy than a Amin/ Stalin/ Hussein despot who can and will happily murder anyone who they even think opposes them including friends and high ranking people in their own government. Yes as above the syrian government 100% uses torture etc but Bashar Assad personally is by pretty much every single account about as far from the typical despot as you can get. Indeed, his program of pretty genuinely well intentioned reform was stymied by his own government. He simply doesn't have the power 'despot' or even 'Assad regime' ascribes to him. In terms of Gabbard the one semi extended interview I saw with her after the 2nd (?) debate had her not refusing to condemn Syrian government tactics- indeed she did condemn them- but a refusal to condemn Bashar Assad personally.

Claims of Bashar as a force for moderation frankly ring at least a tiny bit hollow when school curriculums smack of gross personality cults and him visiting artillery batteries actively shelling Idlib.

As for Maher there's hardly anyone else in the world who knows more than I do he spells trouble for Syria, and I don't doubt for a second even the Kremlin would love to, if it were in their power, see the IRGC and Hezbollah forces out of Syria if it didn't mean kissing four years of progress in taking back the country given the headaches they create vis-à-vis Netanyahu (hence the Russians virtually giving tacit approval to the IAF running riot on IRGC targets in Syria). I hardly see how Syria can ever recover from being a basketcase until arresting and torturing "reconciled" Syrians stops being a thing. The regime will just trade a large-scale rebellion for the slow-rot of night letters, car bombs, and weddings being shot up, things that could boil into another large-scale rebellion.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Russian Turkish agreement from earlier today on northern Syria. Basically current status quo maintained with some political cover for Erdogan.

v8qgnoguy4u31.png

Most of the provisions will be cordially ignored by both sides, but at least they will be cordially ignored.

3 hours ago, Agiel said:

Claims of Bashar as a force for moderation frankly ring at least a tiny bit hollow when school curriculums smack of gross personality cults and him visiting artillery batteries actively shelling Idlib.

As for Maher there's hardly anyone else in the world who knows more than I do he spells trouble for Syria, and I don't doubt for a second even the Kremlin would love to, if it were in their power, see the IRGC and Hezbollah forces out of Syria if it didn't mean kissing four years of progress in taking back the country given the headaches they create vis-à-vis Netanyahu (hence the Russians virtually giving tacit approval to the IAF running riot on IRGC targets in Syria). I hardly see how Syria can ever recover from being a basketcase until arresting and torturing "reconciled" Syrians stops being a thing. The regime will just trade a large-scale rebellion for the slow-rot of night letters, car bombs, and weddings being shot up, things that could boil into another large-scale rebellion.

Bashar isn't moderate in an absolute sense. Most moderate of the realistic alternatives by a decent margin and more moderate than most if not all in the government- that he is though. The only realistic alternatives were him, Maher, Joulani, Zahran Alloush and Baghdadi (or some sort of constantly fighting mix of the last four) since 2012. Not difficult to be the best of that lot, but it is what it is since the PYD was never a realistic alternative. And really, going to watch some artillery etc is what every leader does in wartime, probably even Donald Trump.

Syria will always be a basket case- too many people, too poor, few resources, arid, mixed demography. No point believing there's any way to change that, because there isn't. All that can be done is minimising the extent. I also doubt Russia cares about Israel v Iran as they have decent relations with both, so long as they keep it separate from them. Only things Russia cares about are proving she's still got teeth outside her immediate neighbourhood and, if possible, levering Turkey out of NATO. Subsidiary to that, selling/ testing weapons, basing rights and proving to be a 'reliable' partner or broker.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, Volourn said:

Well don't recall any male MPs causing as much of a headache as JWR did. And no one asked Philpott to wander in like the naive ass she was.  Political parties are like mafias, after all.

Good article on how our voting system needs work

https://www.fairvote.ca/2019/10/22/first-past-the-post-cheats-voters/

Edited by Malcador

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

Dems are again appalled and abhorred by something they already did before not so long ago. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/22/politics/biden-1998-impeach-kfile/index.html

The question is are they that stupid or they think public is that stupid?

am in an enviable position as we were one o' the folks criticizing clinton back in 1998 and were displeased with democrat efforts to mislead and misdirect.

hypocrisy from a number o' democrats in 98 does not make the lynching comments by the President, or support o' Congressmen such as graham, any less wrong just as democrats making excuses for Presidential lies in 98 does not absolve the current President o' such. recall: clinton were in fact impeached following an investigation by ken starr. as with almost all investigations, ken starr's efforts were not transparent to the public, in spite o' what republicans would have you believe in 2019. 

probable don't wanna get into republican hypocrisy regarding clinton impeachment in 98, eh? 

hypocrisy from politicians scrambling to protect their jobs is hardly surprising, and when folks such as nadler, davis, meeks and biden engage in such unfortunate behaviour, they deserve to be called to an accounting. however, recognition o' political hypocrisy doesn't make the accusations being level'd at the current President less true.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

35 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

hypocrisy from a number o' democrats in 98 does not make the lynching comments by the President, or support o' Congressmen such as graham, any less wrong

Lynching comment is not wrong, never was nor ever will be. It's yet another fake outrage simply because Trump did it. Literally all the people in the world could use the word and no one would even rise an eyebrow.

166215__front.jpg

Lynching has been used for more than just what happened to Amerikan blacks. Lynching happens all over the world. They don't own that word any more than the Jewish own the word 'genocide'.

Lynching is exactly what it -  a large group use their power of mass numbers to attack someone usually wrongly but thinking they have the 'moral' highground. Now, the argument could be made that Trump isn't being 'lunched' because he brought a lot of it on his own though the Dems are scum.

However, I'd argue that Clinton did get 'lynched' (well, not violently anyways) since  he got impeached because he had sex in the WH. yeah, yeah, h technically got impeached for lying' but he lied  about stuff he should have never been asked about in the first place.

That's like the police asking where you were when a crime was commited, you told some bull**** lie (b;'/c you didn' want your husband finding out you cheated) then they proceed to charge you even though you didn't commit the crime in the first place. l0L

I never thought whataboutism was going to be a very good defense for Trump but as you can see in this thread it seems to be working among his supporters

Personally, I thought Clinton deserved to be impeached for lying under oath and obstructing justice and find Trump's actions even more deserving but since we're living in bizarro world I'm sure he'll weasel his way out too since it seems like we've gone even further into hyperpartisanship

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

4 hours ago, Volourn said:

Lynching has been used for more than just what happened to Amerikan blacks. Lynching happens all over the world. They don't own that word any more than the Jewish own the word 'genocide'.

What about the word holocaust? Do the Jewish get to keep that one?

I'd argue that context and optics matter greatly when it comes to using words. I doubt Clinton would use the term lynching to describe his impeachment, but if he did, he doesn't carry the same racially charged baggage that Trump does. 

10 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

What about the word holocaust? Do the Jewish get to keep that one?

I'd argue that context and optics matter greatly when it comes to using words. I doubt Clinton would use the term lynching to describe his impeachment, but if he did, he doesn't carry the same racially charged baggage that Trump does. 

No. Holocaust can be used by everyone. No one should have exclusivity on spoken words. 

Oh the good old double standards "we can say this but you cannot". How incredibly Orwellian of you 🤮

166215__front.jpg

Yesterday Trump said they are building a wall in Colorado. Thanks God! Soon we will all be safe from Coors beer, legalized pot and disreputable characters like @ShadySands & John Elway!

:lol:

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, Skarpen said:

No. Holocaust can be used by everyone. No one should have exclusivity on spoken words. 

Oh the good old double standards "we can say this but you cannot". How incredibly Orwellian of you 🤮

This is completely detached from reality. 👍