What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Amentep

7 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

It's still the same, but when you will use the new option to assign two jobs to one character, it gets kind of easier than the original. So on my first playhrough I decided to not use this option.

I tend to suck at these games, so I'll take every advantage I can get.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've hit the 200 hour mark (between PS4 and PC, which is what I'm currently playing on) in Conan Exiles. At my cliff-side fortress, I recently upgraded my Shrine of Set to tier 3 (max) and, since my people were clamoring for it, I had a Shrine of Derketo built, which I've gotten up to tier 2 so far. While I'm not a Derketo worshipper myself, I allow it since I very much follow the Goddess of Passion and Death's philosophy of give in to your desires, screw the consequences. I have also been constructing a proper crafting area. The foundation is done and the walls and roof are partially built.

Via trial and error, I have found some things out about weapon and armor upgrades, which I thought I'd share here, in case they help anybody out that is playing Conan Exiles, or may play it in the future:

• With the exception of durability upgrades, all upgrades reduce the item's durability, and significantly.
  • For weapons, a spiked weapon fitting is king IMHO since it increases armor penetration. The weapon damage upgrade is probably better against lightly armored enemies and definitely better against unarmored enemies, but unarmored and lightly armored enemies tend to be easy enough to take down anyway. The armor penetration will gain you a higher net damage increase than the raw damage upgrade against heavily armored enemies, and that's where you need the most help.
  • Durability upgrade is the only upgrade worth getting on shields. It's not a terrible upgrade on weapons or armor, but IMHO there are better upgrades, since high-tier weapons and armor tend to have really good durability already.
  • I've never seen the value of the weight reduction upgrade for weapons. It might be useful on 2-handers, but 1-handers don't tend to drain my stamina quickly enough to justify the upgrade.
  • The weight reduction upgrade is the best upgrade for armor, basically by default.
  • Armor flexibility upgrade is worthless. It reduces the stamina used while climbing, which is theoretically super useful; however, you can just strip naked to make the climb and put your armor back on at the top. 
  • The bonus armor you get from the armor upgrade is so negligible that it's basically worthless. You get +1 for the basic, +2 for the normal, and +3 for the advanced. Given that you wear 5 pieces of armor, that's +15 maximum bonus armor. That sounds good until you realize that even light high-tier armor is going to have an armor value well over 100, medium in the 200s or 300s, and heavy in the 400s or 500s. Then there's epic-tier armors. What I'm saying is that the armor increase from the armor upgrade is so minuscule that you won't even notice it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Trying out action RPGs after Steam's spring cleaning.

Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, and Diablo 3

For a casual action RPG player like me who hates lootfests and grinding, Diablo 3 comes across as the one with the most going for it moment to moment. Like my Wizard shoots freaking laser beams. The upgrades look more interesting than +10 int or +10 lightning damage, too.

I feel like I played a bunch of Path of Exile, but all my character does is lightning fingers and the occasional fireball. Where's the laser beams and lightning strikes?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

33 minutes ago, Tale said:

Trying out action RPGs after Steam's spring cleaning.

Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, and Diablo 3

For a casual action RPG player like me who hates lootfests and grinding, Diablo 3 comes across as the one with the most going for it moment to moment. Like my Wizard shoots freaking laser beams. The upgrades look more interesting than +10 int or +10 lightning damage, too.

I feel like I played a bunch of Path of Exile, but all my character does is lightning fingers and the occasional fireball. Where's the laser beams and lightning strikes?

Try Grim Dawn, you can have laser beam and as plus, you can choose 2 color variants!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I just love Albrecht's Aether Ray, warts and all. It's fun to play even when you know it's not ideal and that you'll have to work that much harder to progress. Caveat: Haven't played in a long while, so no idea how viable AAR builds are after the expansion.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Damn ... I don't know whether to re-start my game of FFXII or not.  I chose a license for Vaan that I don't really like now, but it seems I'm stuck with it until I can add a second license way later on.

Problem is I'm far enough in that it will be a bit of a slog to re-start.  Gah.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Vaan will lose the Main Character vibe very soon, so you can freely replace him with other characters, like almost everyone does, until you get the second grid 🙂

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Ended up buying Diablo 3 Eternal Collection. All the while thinking "why am I wasting $10 more on this version when I'll never use the Necromancer?"

Then I saw there's the whole seasonal thing and rolled a new character. Anyway, now I'm ripping all the blood out of ghosts and skeletons.

Edit: I didn't realize Ancient Relics was coming out today. Else I wouldn't have bought Diablo 3. I don't have time for both!

Just started this

https://store.steampowered.com/app/823840/Macrotis_A_Mothers_Journey/

Voice acting: decent

visuals: not bad at all

puzzle platforming - still at the very first chapter, but seems worthy of the tag

overall impressions: thumbs up

Started Megadimension Neptunia V II today. Played 4 hours or so and so far it looks like that everything is a big upgrade to previous games in the series. Having fun so far.

I just hit Act 2 in Diablo 3. No more skeletons and ghosts to rip the blood out of.

Got a nice little playstyle at work here, though. Singularity Skeleton Mage is kind of ridiculous. All of this is ridiculous. I'm playing Hard and Butcher went down in like 10 seconds. There's only one difficulty left to raise to and I'd have to start a new game to get it.

D3, sort of hate the Shadow's set as having to use Impale is boring, even if it is fun to one shot mobs up to T9 with my current gear.  Alternating that and Tropico 6., have to say the campaign is very uninspiring, not worth the full price.  Ah well, serves me right for not buying it dirt cheap.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished the new content for Kingdom Come's new DLC and it was probably better than the other dlc combined (haven't finished BoB's content yet though). Definitely won't be to everyone's tastes but both bits add a lot of depth to the world.

3 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Game Developer Tycoon has been helping me relax lately.

Is there crunch mode?

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've found out, much to my displeasure, that FF14 does not actually have enough quests for you to level up to the base game level cap of 50. Unless you're on a "preferred" server (which doubles all XP gain in old content), you are expected to grind repeatable content to make up the shortfall. Utterly ridiculous.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Playing Perfect Dark on the Xbox One.

Now I remember why I liked RARE's fps games so much back in the days: each level is like a small sandbox you get to explore. I was wondering what games give you a similar experience and the new HITMAN games came to mind.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I've found out, much to my displeasure, that FF14 does not actually have enough quests for you to level up to the base game level cap of 50. Unless you're on a "preferred" server (which doubles all XP gain in old content), you are expected to grind repeatable content to make up the shortfall. Utterly ridiculous.

Are you paying for a subscription? That seems pretty strange.

27 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Are you paying for a subscription? That seems pretty strange.

I'm playing the included month from the key I got from a Squeenix surprise box, but subscribing doesn't give additional XP so it's not a factor. The only difference is that F2P is limited to level 35 (and is locked out from all convenience features and even basic things like chat). So yeah, the XP issue is strange, but from doing a bit of reading it seems it's the common experience for people like me who are used to just questing for levels from other games. Instead, there is an absolutely massive dump of XP you get if you do a daily random dungeon, and apparently that's the "intended" method of levelling to avoid the problem. Indeed, the fact that I got to mid-40s just fine without needing to do the random dungeons is because the main quest XP was doubled some time back when one of the expansions launched: it used to be even worse, far worse. There's an especially notorious gap between levels 47-48 where there are no story quests at all, from what I see it's common knowledge to the game's community.

Apparently the first expansion also has a bit of a quest shortfall, but it's compensated somewhat by people overlevelling in the base game due to a deluge of level 50 quests being suddenly available - quests that are part of vanilla but were added post-release to introduce new features and whatnot. Beyond that, the second expansion apparently has corrected the quest issue altogether, as well as having significantly higher production values in general. It's important to note that the main story quests are 100% mandatory, which includes doing several dungeons. You cannot skip ahead, and even if you buy an expansion, you cannot start it's storyline without having completed all prior story quests. A friend of mine started playing the game at the same time as a healer and unlike me, did the daily dungeons (as a healer her instant queues helped a lot there). She's just about to start the actual content for the first expansion, which covers levels 50-60, and she's doing so at level 54 from being forced to keep doing older content.

From what I hear, the base game was made on a fairly small budget after the failure of the initial launch, so there are a fair few oddities that result - things like only 5% of cutscenes being voice acted, even key story ones. It's a very weird experience coming from the moneybags competitors. Frankly what it sounds like to me is that the game needs an equivalent to WoW's Cataclysm to wipe out and fix the weird legacy stuff.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

After going through The Dregs dungeon in Conan Exiles and defeating the boss

the Abyssal Remnant giant slug thingie

I followed the directions given with an item I got from the boss fight and

climbed the Tower of Bats and killed the Albino Bat boss, then performed the ritual at the altar there to awaken the Staff of the Triumvirate.

This wasn't part of the main quest, but it was a fun adventure which got me a bunch of XP, a cool item that sort of serves as a hint and lore dispenser, and a bunch of new crafting recipes. Now, I'm going to concentrate on working on my compound for a bit and upgrading my Derketo shrine to tier 3 (I'm pretty close), before doing some more main quest stuff.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

God of War (the newest one) I'm really enjoying it even though I watched the whole story on youtube when it came out. Need to figure out what to play on the PS4 after I finish this. Anyone have any good games to suggest that are PS exlusive?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 minute ago, Sarex said:

God of War (the newest one) I'm really enjoying it even though I watched the whole story on youtube when it came out. Need to figure out what to play on the PS4 after I finish this. Anyone have any good games to suggest that are PS exlusive?

The Last of Us?  The Nathan Drake (Uncharted) series?

-----

More FFXII for me.  I don't know if it's just random chance, but Basch is the only character who I've stumbled upon to unlock a bunch of HP+ icons in the license menu.  Maybe it was just chance that the ones I unlocked further unlocked all his HP upgrades, but he's at like over 1000 HP while everyone else in my party is still in the 300-400 range.

Guacamelee 2
Completed the game (10h 38m 33s). Still unsure, if some of the optional challenges were buggy (the Double Pollo Shot temple in particular) or I was just bad with timing. Turned off the music at the above-mentioned temple and watched the credits in silence as it was the only moment when I noticed the lack of soundtrack.  In general, Guacamelee 2 was an interesting, but occasionally infuriating platformer/Metroidvania.
And the game didn't register my achievements in offline mode.

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Bloodborne?

Edited by Hawke64

7 hours ago, GhostofAnakin said:

The Last of Us?  The Nathan Drake (Uncharted) series?

-----

More FFXII for me.  I don't know if it's just random chance, but Basch is the only character who I've stumbled upon to unlock a bunch of HP+ icons in the license menu.  Maybe it was just chance that the ones I unlocked further unlocked all his HP upgrades, but he's at like over 1000 HP while everyone else in my party is still in the 300-400 range.

This really depends on the job, which you take. AFAIK most of the job boards have similar pool of HP nodes, but they are scaterred further away from most used weapons for that job. So you need to try upgrade your board in different dirrections and hope to find them :)