An alternative was to give only few spells but also give a passive bonus like +1 PL for Inspiration or Protection and so on -  or +1 cast for a certain spell level or something like that. Just to make it more different from grimoires (while retraining the same base mechanics).

This. A few spells with Inspiration/Protection/Whatever keywords and + PL bonus to these kind of spells.

I don't even think it has to be books in every case. But of course "prayerbook" (book with prayers and litanies) or something like a "vade mecum" (like a Handbook for healing spells) sound nice. But it couls also be a bulla (gives you seal spells), a relic of faith (maybe some of the priest summon spells), an ancient ecclesial tablet and so on. It's easy to use trinkets to add something to the game which makes the class more interesting without even touching the class itself.

Same with Druids and shrinkheads, vodoo dolls, fetishes and so on.

Agreed. I like fetishes. :blush:

Maybe this is not polishing but better material for a "trinket" mod. But I think it will improve the gameplay of Priest and Druid a lot without making them too good. And I like the non-intrusive apporach since I don't like to tinker too much with class abilites and -mechanics themselves. FOr example I uso no mods besides the Advanced UI mod (which is superb but zero-intrusive in terms of mechanics and gameplay).

It can be an optional mod.

Ok. Then "Prayers & Litanies" question closed. For me at least.

Posted (edited)

It can be an optional mod.

Maybe this is not polishing but better material for a "trinket" mod. But I think it will improve the gameplay of Priest and Druid a lot without making them too good. And I like the non-intrusive apporach since I don't like to tinker too much with class abilites and -mechanics themselves. FOr example I uso no mods besides the Advanced UI mod (which is superb but zero-intrusive in terms of mechanics and gameplay).

I salute the separate mod approach for priest/druid trinkets.

P.S. And I'd like to hear concrete/specific details about 3 trinkets for priests and 3 for druids. What their effects should be. And where they should be dropped or sold.

Edited by MaxQuest

Posted (edited)

They should be dropped as loot or hidden somewhere - just like in BoW. I think we should use a similar approach.

As for the ideas... First of all, if trinket grants spells, they should MUST to be per encounter.
For priest it should be be in form of books (like Boeroer already mentioned).
1. + N PL for Protection/Inspiration spells. Containing several spells of this kind (Prayers & Litanies + maybe 1 or 2 additional spells).
2. + N PL for Punishment/Condemnation spells. Containing several spells of this kind.
3... ? Cleansing? Though i already suggested to remove this "relic" from game.

Similar thing for druids.
1. + N PL for Rejuvenation spells. Containing several spells of this kind.
2. + N PL for Elements spells. Containing several spells of this kind.
... and so on (Decay, Beasts)

Maybe it's worth to do a 4 trinkets for Priests (Protection, Inspiration, Punishment, Condemnation, excluding Cleansing) and 4 for Druids (Rejuv., Elements, Beasts, Decay).

Also i wanted to do a Druid trinked with bonus Spiritshift use, but it looks like we add Level 5 ability instead.

As for specific spells, i think that it must be a non-top tier spells. Some spells, which you don't usually pick during level-ups (like those Litanies and so on).

Edited by Phenomenum

Posted (edited)

The general idea is clear enough.

But I'd like to hear specific examples (конкретные примеры). For example:

> (Priest) Book of Prayers:

- provides +1 protection PL, +1 inspiration PL

- unlocks Prayer for the Body, Prayer for the Spirit, Litany for the Body and Litany for the Spirit

* unlocks in the sense that it is like a grimoire with 4 spells.

... can be purchased from Temple Vendor ("Ca-candles and balms!..")

> (Priest) Talisman against Evil:

- reduces damage taken from Vessels by 20%.

- grants "Turn Undead": 1-per-encounter variation of "Halt" that also applies Terrify. But is only usable vs vessels.

... can be looted somewhere inside of Hanging Sepulchers

> (Druid) Shrunken Head Talisman:

- decreases damage with Decay effects by -20%

- increases duration with Decay and Ground effects by +30%

... can be looted from some Xaurip in Poko Kohara

> (Druid) Small Rotghast Skull:

- grants a 1-per-encounter "Lesser Rot Skull" spell. It's same as rank-5 "Rot Skull" but single-target instead of AoE.

- +1 Decay PL and +2 Metaphysics

- -1 Plant and Restoration PL

... sold by Dimessa

> (Druid) Stelgaer's Fang:

> (Druid) Captured Essence of the Storm:

> (Druid) Bunch of dried herbs:

something like that.

Edited by MaxQuest