Questions the the Devs - Take 2

Hm. Devs? If you're still reading this thread, can you answer something engine related?

In KotOR there was a bug sometimes, when using some things were 'in use' during an area transition with load. The most glaring offender was Force Speed. Essentially, you'd cross the load point with it, and when it got to the new area, it never turned off until you forced it to, by starting it again to reset the timer. Has that been fixed? Or will we still need that workaround? And will there be less trouble for force speed people? They sometimes fail to catch trigger points, just as people using the turbo cheat don't. But FS isn't a cheat, its a valid force power.  Missing triggers and missing exit trip points for level loads is annoying.

I'm not sure about the 'in use' problem for effects. I'll look into it. It hasn't come up internally so far.

As far as the missing triggers stuff by moving fast goes, I've made some tweaks to how triggers fire off to address that very issue. So far it seems to be solved.

-Akari

Don't know if this has been asked:

Given that our character is a veteran of the Mandalorian Wars, will he/she be higher than Level 1 when we start? Maybe Level 3 or something to show that he/she isn't just a green recruit?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Devs, is there any reason for me to still be on these forums if I'm not interested in spoilers?

What else would you be looking for? Any info they provide is basically spoilers. This isn't a slight I truly don't understand. What is it you're hoping that they will provide?

Devs, is there any reason for me to still be on these forums if I'm not interested in spoilers?

What else would you be looking for? Any info they provide is basically spoilers. This isn't a slight I truly don't understand. What is it you're hoping that they will provide?

To try my hand at influencing the devs and to see just how modable this version of KOTOR would be.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Hey Devs, I have a question after watching the newly posted trailer.

In a couple of instances, and particularly at 0:35, it looks like the party off the Ebon Hawk includes a total of four characters.  Will the PC be able to take more than the 2 characters that he was limited to in KOTOR 1 when he leaves the Ebon Hawk?  From what I've read, I've been under the impression that the 3 character party would be the rule for the next game.

Thanks in advance.

It's still just 3 total characters at any given moment. Don't let the trailer fool you. :p

-Akari

O.K. Thanks for the reply, Akari.

To try my hand at influencing the devs and to see just how modable this version of KOTOR would be.

I'm under the impression that this was quite clear.

What's clear?

That KOTOR II will be no more and no less moddable than the first one.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I'm under the impression that this was quite clear.

What's clear?

That KOTOR II will be no more and no less moddable than the first one.

This is where influence comes in, I knew there would be no moding tools but I wouldn't really need that, all I need is the model format(and Holowan Laboratories).

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Guest Fallen Jedi
EPISODE I

The Deterioration of the Forums

It is a dark time for the FANS.

Although a new TRAILER has

recently been released, new topics of

discussion have rapidly withered;

leaving the members aimlessly

musing on effete questions.

It is about time that OBSIDIAN

releases a bit of new information

on THE MASKED GUY, or a party

member, so that the FANS do not

perish, of boredom......

Yes Devs. It's time you\Lucasarts reveal info on the The masked guy

Yes Devs. It's time you\Lucasarts reveals info on the The masked guy

I don't mind if they save that information for quite some time, but I'd like information on a party member, that's for sure...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Agreed, save the best for last.... :):lol:

Yep :). If there is like, 15-20 characters that might join you (they've said that the number of characters that can hang around with you all at once are 10, but there's more characters too as I got it; we just don't know how many..), then they should have quite a small smorgasbord with characters to choose to reveal without revealing any of the real big plot guys like Mr. Sithmask... <_<.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

ive heard some ppl say that a way to swich between hood up and hood down is being worked on but ive also heard that there will be no hood up option. can someone clear this up for me?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together