Eh, why go for a cheesy build, that everyone plays, just because its op?

Purpose of solo, its a challenge, im pretty sure you can solo with anyone, a little different with TSC, bcs you should already have a plan. I put restrictions on myself, dont play with pala/chanter, dont use charm on sypher etc, just bcs. its too op and dont use Beraths blessing.

Just play with what you want and find a better way to deal with situations.

Edited by Scythee

For some people, feeling powerful is half the fun (or even all of it.)

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

For some people, feeling powerful is half the fun (or even all of it.)

Well said. A game that doesn't give me that in the end game is a bad game in my book.

Exactly.

On another note, I’m in the process of testing 3 builds posted here.

Results soon:)

Hello Guys,

As promised (I haven’t forgotten about you or this thread). I’ve been a busy gal working out some builds. I decided to test a few and let you know what I thought/results.

All trials were completed on either base PoTD or Veteran all up scaled (which I view as comparable).

Each Character achieved level 5 (unless death) prior to starting the Drake fight at the Digsite. All trials ended on this fight (win or lose), if I felt that I could pass the final fight but lost, I also gave it a retry.

Up until this point each character was required to complete the following areas/encounters 100%:

Vilario's Rest – Cave

Gorecci Street – Fight Looters (split and run allowed)

Digsite – Boars and Imps (run allowed, no split)

Digsite – Skeletons

Digsite – Drake (run allowed, no split)

So, without making you wait! Let me show you my results:

Kind Wayfairer/Troubadour

General Opinion: BORING!!! So… soo… sooooo… bland. Wait til summons are available, summon, tank damage, summons dispel, repeat.

Location of Death: Gorecci Street – Fight Looters

Reason for Death: So goddamn weak…

Stats:

MIG: 16

CON: 7

DEX: 16

PER: 16

INT: 16

RES: 7

Armor: Fine Brigandine

Weapons (MH):  Fine Saber

Weapons (OH):  Fine Large Shield

Neck: Protective Eothasian Charm

Belt: Trollhide

Ring 1: Ring of Minor Protection

Ring 2: Ring of Unshackling

Hands: Swordsman’s Bracers

Cloak: Cloak of Greater Protection

Head:  Deaths Maw

Boots: Shorewalker Sandals

Pet: Cutthroat Cosmo

Skill Focus:

Athletics/Mechanics

History

Trickster/Devoted

General Opinion: Tanky and fun. A bit slow to kill, but the illusion spells are pretty cool.

Location of Death: Digsite – Drake

Reason for Death: Overwhelmed

MIG: 12

DEX: 7

PER: 19

INT: 17

RES: 16

Armor: Fine Breastplate

Weapons (MH): Fine Saber

Weapons (OH): Saber

Belt: Girdle of Mortal Protection

Ring 2: Ring of Minor Deflection

Hands: Killers Gloves

Cloak: Cloak of Greater Deflection

Boots: Boots of the Stone

Skill Focus:

Athletics/Mechanics

History

Streetfighter/Devoted

General Opinion: Fast and hard hitting, feels squishy, like you are dancing on a razors edge. Hard to explain but I always feel like she’s going to die.

Location of Death: N/A - Did not die on drake fight – accidental split on retry, if you stand at the top of the stairs next to the statue just behind the pillar thing, the imps stay at the bottom of the stairs unable to attack…

Reason for Death: N/A

CON: 12

DEX: 8

PER: 18

INT: 8

RES: 20

Skill Focus:

Athletics/Mechanics

Intimidate

CONCLUSION:

Non-of these builds are for me.

Kind Wayfairer/Troubadour = Too blah

Trickster/Devoted = Resource heavy

Streetfighter/Devoted = STRONG, but I don't want to dance that line.

Next up Goldpack/Devoted and Darcozzi/Skald

Does anyone think Ranger/Devoted would be any good solo?

Do street fighters require you to cheese mobs or are they capable of every fight?

When you solo the game, you have to cheese many fights, regardless of the class. But you can do every fight in the game with a marauder / holy slayer.

When you talk about these two builds I assume you are talking: berserker/streetfighter and a goldpack/streetfighter?

Edited by diamondsforever

"Does anyone think Ranger/Devoted would be any good solo?"

Yep, its pretty good with dual swords or dual sabers, warhammers. Swords have 2 damage types, so you'll get pen or overpen most times. But there are too many good sabers and most of them you can get pretty early and almost no enemies with high slash resistance.

Fighters (and their multis) get A LOT more durable when they get Unbending. It's not 100% risk-proof but...

Its not so much about risk proof. Its more about the first island being stupid hard, I feel like if you can beat this island than there should be no issues with the rest of the game (as long as you stay within your level).

"Does anyone think Ranger/Devoted would be any good solo?"

Yep, its pretty good with dual swords or dual sabers, warhammers. Swords have 2 damage types, so you'll get pen or overpen most times. But there are too many good sabers and most of them you can get pretty early and almost no enemies with high slash resistance.

Whats your build?

TEST #4 - Goldpact Knights/Devoted

General Opinion: This may be the build, with some tweaking... WOW

Location of Death: N/A - Did not die on drake fight – same split as Devoted/Streetfighter

MIG: 14

CON: 8

DEX: 14

Weapons : Fine Greatsword

Pet: Stinky Pete

Skill Focus:

Athletics/Mechanics

History

CONCLUSION:

Very tanky and good damage. I completely rushed this run in under 30 minutes. I was able to solo ANY fight on the first island (save attacking the town). Damage veries from about 17 to 68. Average swings of your great sword will hit between 37 and 48. Method is to use disciplined strikes followed by mark a sworn enemy. I never used lay on hands. I did during the drake fight drain 5 potions and my athletics heal.

I would like to know your thoughts on this build and what I can do to improve it?

Hello Guys,

As promised (I haven’t forgotten about you or this thread). I’ve been a busy gal working out some builds. I decided to test a few and let you know what I thought/results.

All trials were completed on either base PoTD or Veteran all up scaled (which I view as comparable).

Each Character achieved level 5 (unless death) prior to starting the Drake fight at the Digsite. All trials ended on this fight (win or lose), if I felt that I could pass the final fight but lost, I also gave it a retry.

Up until this point each character was required to complete the following areas/encounters 100%:

Vilario's Rest – Cave

Gorecci Street – Fight Looters (split and run allowed)

Digsite – Boars and Imps (run allowed, no split)

Digsite – Skeletons

Digsite – Drake (run allowed, no split)

So, without making you wait! Let me show you my results:

Kind Wayfairer/Troubadour

General Opinion: BORING!!! So… soo… sooooo… bland. Wait til summons are available, summon, tank damage, summons dispel, repeat.

Location of Death: Gorecci Street – Fight Looters

Reason for Death: So goddamn weak…

Stats:

MIG: 16

DEX: 16

PER: 16

INT: 16

RES: 7

Armor: Fine Brigandine

Weapons (MH):  Fine Saber

Weapons (OH):  Fine Large Shield

Belt: Trollhide

Ring 2: Ring of Unshackling

Hands: Swordsman’s Bracers

Cloak: Cloak of Greater Protection

Boots: Shorewalker Sandals

Skill Focus:

Athletics/Mechanics

History

Trickster/Devoted

General Opinion: Tanky and fun. A bit slow to kill, but the illusion spells are pretty cool.

Location of Death: Digsite – Drake

Reason for Death: Overwhelmed

DEX: 7

PER: 19

INT: 17

Skill Focus:

Athletics/Mechanics

History

Streetfighter/Devoted

General Opinion: Fast and hard hitting, feels squishy, like you are dancing on a razors edge. Hard to explain but I always feel like she’s going to die.

Location of Death: N/A - Did not die on drake fight – accidental split on retry, if you stand at the top of the stairs next to the statue just behind the pillar thing, the imps stay at the bottom of the stairs unable to attack…

CON: 12

DEX: 8

RES: 20

Skill Focus:

Athletics/Mechanics

Intimidate

CONCLUSION:

Non-of these builds are for me.

Kind Wayfairer/Troubadour = Too blah

Trickster/Devoted = Resource heavy

Streetfighter/Devoted = STRONG, but I don't want to dance that line.

Next up Goldpack/Devoted and Darcozzi/Skald

Does anyone think Ranger/Devoted would be any good solo?

Do street fighters require you to cheese mobs or are they capable of every fight?

When you solo the game, you have to cheese many fights, regardless of the class. But you can do every fight in the game with a marauder / holy slayer.

When you talk about these two builds I assume you are talking: berserker/streetfighter and a goldpack/streetfighter?

Yes :geek:

Hello everyone, I was hoping for some opinions on how to optimize this build a bit more. I feel like I have a loose grasp on what each stat will do for the build but I would like to refine it a bit more to maximize DPS and Tankiness. I specifically want to know whether I should drop or increase any stats (ie. less PER for more DEX)?

Goldpact Knights/Devoted

Attributes:

MIG: 14 >> 18 (BB, GoTM, Effigy) >> 19/20 (Gear)

CON: 7 >> 10 (Gear, BB)

DEX: 15 >> 18 (Gear, BB)

PER: 18 >> 20 (BB)

INT: 7 >> 9 (BB) >> 10/11 (Gear)

RES: 16 >> 20 (Gear, BB)

Gears:

Armor: Reckless Brigandine / Devil of Caroc Breastplate / Casita Sameilia's Legacy

Weapons (MH): Scordeo's Edge

Weapons (OH): Tarn's Respite or Beza's Toothed Blade

or/alt Weapon: Sanguine Great Sword or Whispers of the Endless Paths

Neck: Strand of Favor (+1 INT) or Charm of Bones (+2 INT)

Belt: The Undying Burden (+1 CON)

Ring 1: Solitary Wanderer (+1 RES)

Ring 2: Entonia Signet Ring or Voidward

Hands: Woedica's Strangling Grasp (+2 MIG) or Gatecrashers (+1 MIG) or Boltcatchers

Cloak: Cape of the Falling Star or Cloak of Greater Deflection (if using Cap of Laughing Stock)

Head: Cap of the Laughingstock or/alt Helm of the Falcon

Boots: Boots of the Stone (+1 DEX, +1 RES)

Pet: Abraham

Skills:

Athletics: 10

Mechanics: 10

Intimidate: MAX

For the gears I recycled from my prievous posts. What I want to know is if it’s worth it to go for Boltcatchers or a increase to might on gloves?

Also, for the golden armour passive when you cast Sworn Rival, does it still help at later levels? Is +4 Armor rating a big deal? During my initial tests it was amazing for the first 5 levels.

Hello everyone, I was hoping for some opinions on how to optimize this build a bit more. I feel like I have a loose grasp on what each stat will do for the build but I would like to refine it a bit more to maximize DPS and Tankiness. I specifically want to know whether I should drop or increase any stats (ie. less PER for more DEX)?

Goldpact Knights/Devoted

Attributes:

Gears:

Armor: Reckless Brigandine / Devil of Caroc Breastplate / Casita Sameilia's Legacy

Hands: Woedica's Strangling Grasp (+2 MIG) or Gatecrashers (+1 MIG) or Boltcatchers

Cloak: Cape of the Falling Star or Cloak of Greater Deflection (if using Cap of Laughing Stock)

Skills:

For the gears I recycled from my prievous posts. What I want to know is if it’s worth it to go for Boltcatchers or a increase to might on gloves?

Also, for the golden armour passive when you cast Sworn Rival, does it still help at later levels? Is +4 Armor rating a big deal? During my initial tests it was amazing for the first 5 levels.

I would dex put to 8 --- > 10 with BB and put the rest of it into INT or your disciplined strikes will constantly run out very quick.

• Like 1

Goldpact Knights/Devoted

Attributes:

Gears:

Skills:

If you’re wearing heavy armor, the +4 armor rating will remain a big deal the entire game — when stacked with other AR bonuses, it can make it s.t. every enemy in the game will get massive damage reduction when attacking you.

If you’re wearing light or medium armor, then it will be less of a big deal at higher levels. At a certain point, the high level creatures will be able to penetrate your armor with or without it. (It will mitigate over penetration damage bonuses, but those are much smaller than the damage reductions you get from no penetration.)

Edited by whimper

Goldpact Knights/Devoted

Attributes:

Gears:

Skills:

I would dex put to 8 --- > 10 with BB and put the rest of it into INT or your disciplined strikes will constantly run out very quick.
You know, I did notice that during my test run. I had to empower myself most fights to refresh my skills. If I take away dex won’t I attack to slow though? Or do you think reckless brigandine will be enough to offset that?

Also interns of survival and dps, is Goldpact/Devoted more stable than Goldpact/Streetfighter?

Regarding stats: The only obvious call here is to not invest too much in Con. So your Con investment is good.

Both Might and Int increase the amount of healing you get from most of your healing abilities — Lay on Hands, Unbending, Constant Recovery, etc. And those boosts multiply each other. So from a healing/tanky perspective boosting them both equally is the way to go.

Might, Dex and Per all increase DPS, and again multiply each other. So from a DPS perspective, boosting them more or less equally is the way to go.

Res is a thing to max if you don’t want to be hit. But that’s at odds with high armor investment and unbending, whose effects are proportional to how much you get hit.

So there are a number of reasonable spreads, depending on what you want to emphasize.

With this subclass combination, I’d be tempted to do something like (post B.B., but ignoring gear):

M 18

C 9

D 18

P 18

I 18

R 9

But IMO there are lots of reasonable spreads here (including Res maximizing ones).

Also interns of survival and dps, is Goldpact/Devoted more stable than Goldpact/Streetfighter?

Goldpact/Devoted will be tankier. But Goldpact/Streetfighter will have a much higher DPS, especially after level 10+, when you get Persistent Distraction. 

If you go for armor stacking, I find Goldpact/Streetfigher to be more than tanky enough (since high armor makes it much safer to stay in the Bloodied zone), especially after level 10+, when you get Exalted Endurance. (I've found Goldpact/Streetfighter to be much tankier than Devoted/Streetfighter, which I know you tried.) 

IMO, Goldpact/Streetfigher is a better package than Goldpact/Devoted. But that's not surprising, since Goldpact/Streetfighter is mixing two classes whose abilities fill in each other's weaknesses (mixing a super-tanky but middling offense class with a fragile but super-offense class), while Goldpact/Devoted is mixing two classes whose strengths overlap (a mix of two classes that are very tanky but have a middling offense).

• Like 1

Goldpact Knights/Devoted

Attributes:

Gears:

Skills:

You know, I did notice that during my test run. I had to empower myself most fights to refresh my skills. If I take away dex won’t I attack to slow though? Or do you think reckless brigandine will be enough to offset that?

With my Holy Slayer i got 23 AR sometimes and i wore the Devil of Caroc Breastplate.

Äh 11 base +4 gilded enmity, +3 spirit shield, +5 ironskin (nemnok's cloak) = 23.

A heavy armor, will just hinder your dmg output and a rogue multiclass will nearly always out-dps other classes. Holy Slayer is just better than Marauder, because flames of devotion need only 1 ressource and barbaric smash 2, what comes handy against neriscyrlas and the recent full attack nerf.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2