• After one of the recent upgrades, Greater Lay on Hands became worse than Lay on Hands (IMO), because it costs twice as much Zeal. That means GLoH yields less healing per Zeal than LoH. (And the perk of GLoH is especially minor if you're dumping Int, and only get the Robust inspiration for 5 or so seconds -- definitely not worth an extra Zeal!) 

That's not always true... it really comes down to the build. Yes, with dumped Int it really won't be a great addition at all, I agree.

It also needs to be said that Courageous is a great buff in solo. There are other means to become uninterruptible, but it's always good to have options.

• Like 1

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

• After one of the recent upgrades, Greater Lay on Hands became worse than Lay on Hands (IMO), because it costs twice as much Zeal. That means GLoH yields less healing per Zeal than LoH. (And the perk of GLoH is especially minor if you're dumping Int, and only get the Robust inspiration for 5 or so seconds -- definitely not worth an extra Zeal!)

That's not always true... it really comes down to the build. Yes, with dumped Int it really won't be a great addition at all, I agree.

It also needs to be said that Courageous is a great buff in solo. There are other means to become uninterruptible, but it's always good to have options.

Both reasonable points.

You’re right that there are builds/cases where GLoH would be preferable to LoH (e.g., cases where you want to counter an affliction). And likewise, cases where Courageous is useful.

I’m not sure how often those cases will arise for this particular build (given the low duration of these boosts, the options of a Ring of Muke’s Wit and Slippery Mind to stave off Resolve afflictions, and the relatively minor downsides of being interrupted for this build (relative to, say, a spellcaster).) Still, both fair points!

A couple other thinks to consider on ability choices for the Goldpact/Streetfighter. Two rules of thumb I think it's worth keeping in mind: 

1. One rule of thumb is it's not great to have too many abilities competing for the same resource, because that usually means you won't use more than a couple of them, and the rest will rarely, if ever, get used. 
  2. Another rule of thumb that bears on a lot of your choices: If you're dumping Int, effects that rely on duration (often, though not always) become a lot less valuable, and so may not be worth it. 

Some more specific thoughts:

• I'd personally switch the order of Flames of Devotion and Lay on Hands, since the latter is a "save your bacon" kind of ability that can really make the first island easier, whereas Flames of Devotion is a mild damage boost that doesn't do that much for you on solo PotD, especially at low levels. (It gets better as a way to burn off extra Zeal from Virtuous Triumph at higher levels.)
  • Eternal Devotion isn't that great if you're dumping Int, IMO, since the added damage effect won't last very long. 
  • Crippling Strike is decent because it's a cheap way to boost damage (+2 penetration, +25% damage) if you have left over Guile, and (I believe) it scales nicely with PL. Likewise, attacks which boost raw damage of the attack and don't rely on duration effects (e.g., Finishing Blow) aren't bad. But Rogue attacks that cost a lot of Guile in order to inflict some affliction for X seconds aren't that great for this build, since (again) if you're dumping Int, the affliction they impose won't last very long. 
  • For similar reasons, on this build, Debilitating Strike isn't much better than Crippling Strike. So it's not clear it's worth an ability slot (though it's not clearly terrible, either).
  • Likewise, the Beacon abilities are duration effects, and so aren't that great for Int-dumping builds.

So I think you actually have a fair amount of room to fit other things in, if you like. (I'd recommend Escape early on-ish (before level 10), since you encounter a lot of "wizard hiding in back" fights in Neketaka, and Escape is great for those fights.)
Other things to consider which are boring, but probably better for this build than most duration-dependent abilities, are passive boosts: things which add resistance to physical afflictions (say), or Bull's Will, Snake's Reflexes, and Bear's Fortitude, or Practiced Healer (to boost Lay on Hands and Exalted Endurance), etc. None of those passive abilities are great. But they'll add (small) boosts to your character 24/7, unlike many of the duration-dependent abilities which will never get used.

I've updated a few of the abilities in this build. I removed Eternal Devotion and replaced it with Escape at level 8, and removed inspired Beacon and replaced it with practiced heal. I could change out Eliminating Blow with something as well, as I'm not sure if the guile cost is too high for the effect?

Where should we use our +1 permanent stat from Cauldrons brew? What is our most useful attribute?

Anyways here is an update on Build #1

BUILD #1

Class:

Holy Slayer - Goldpact Knights/Streetfighter

Race:

Human

Attributes:

MIG: 18 >> 22 (BB, GoTM, Effigy) >> 23/24 (Gear)

CON: 11 >> 14 (Gear, BB)

DEX: 18 >> 20 (BB) >> 21/22 (Gear)

PER: 18 >> 20 (BB)

INT: 3 >> 5 (BB) >> 1 (Gear)

RES: 10 >> 12 (BB) >> 13/14 (Gear)

Where should I put the Cauldron Brew from Outcast’s Respite “Finding the Encoded notes before freeing Tama Watua allows you to and ask for a reward and get the Deciphered notes: It allows to brew in the purple cauldron a potion (depending of the ingredients you have) giving you a permanent +1 to one attribute of your choice.” ~ I believe it can be achieved by maxing History

Abilities:

Level 1

(GP): Lay on Hands or Flames of Devotion

(SF): Crippling Strike

Level 2

(GP): Deep Faith

Level 3

(GP): Retribution

Level 4

(GP): Zealous Aura

(SF): Dirty Fighting

Level 5*

(GP) / (SF): Two-Handed Style or Two Weapon Style

Level 6

(GP): Lay on Hands or Flames of Devotion

Level 7

(GP): Sworn Rival

(SF): Riposte

Level 8

(SF): Escape

Level 9

(SF): Debilitating Strike

Level 10

(GP): Exalted Endurance

(SF): Persistent Distraction

Level 11

(GP): Divine Purpose

Level 12

(SF): Finishing Blow

Level 13

(GP): Uncanny Luck

(SF): Weapon and Shield Style

Level 14

(SF): Deep Wounds

Level 15

(GP): Inspired Defenses**

Level 16

(GP): Improved Critical

(SF): Slippery Mind

Level 17

(SF): Eliminating Blow

Level 18

(GP): Virtuous Triumph

Level 19

(GP): Stoic Steel**

(SF): Death Blows

Level 20

(GP): Practiced Healer

* Can defeat the Drake encounter on the first island at this point.

** Stacks with Gilded Enmity

Gears:

Armor: Blackened Plate Armor / Reckless Brigandine

Weapons (MH): Scordeo's Edge / Animancer's Energy Blade (for Weapon and Shield Style)

Weapons (OH): Tarn's Respite / Beza's Toothed Blade

or/alt Weapon: Sanguine Great Sword or Whispers of the Endless Paths

or/alt Shield: Bronlar's Phalanx

Neck: Strand of Favor (+1 INT) or Charm of Bones (+2 INT)

Belt: The Undying Burden (+1 CON)

Ring 1: Ring of Mule's Wit (-8 INT)

Ring 2: Solitary Wanderer (+1 RES) / Entonia Signet Ring / Voidward

Hands: Woedica's Strangling Grasp (+2 MIG) or Gatecrashers (+1 MIG) or Boltcatchers

Cloak: Nemnok's Cloak / Cape of the Falling Star

Head: Cap of the Laughingstock or/alt Helm of the Falcon

Boots: Footprints of Ahu Taka (+2 DEX) / Boots of the Stone (+1 DEX, +1 RES)

Pet: Abraham

Skills:

Athletics: 10

Mechanics: 10

History: MAX

Edited by diamondsforever

I cannot find the page and the posts where this discussion occurred, but I am very disappointed with the Streetfighter Rogue/Fighter relative to the Paladin/Fighter in terms of melee performance so far at level 12. Sure, it's a team setting - unlike the premise of this thread - but the Streetfighter so far has been far squisher and does even less DPS.

I am totally not getting the fuss. Will Riposte and I guess end-game Rogue strikes really add that much more DPS, once I acquire them?

Edited by Lampros

The only way a Streetfighter would be doing less dps is if you are not both Flanked and Bloodied. This is easy to achieve on solo.

Yeah, I am never Bloodied, as I panic heal instantly at 75 percent (or has the scripts heal). So I guess for my safe style it's not for me.

The only way a Streetfighter would be doing less dps is if you are not both Flanked and Bloodied. This is easy to achieve on solo.

Yeah, I am never Bloodied, as I panic heal instantly at 75 percent (or has the scripts heal). So I guess for my safe style it's not for me.

Try the Devoted build, think that one may be your style. Lots of constant healing at all times :)

• Like 1

Re Cauldron bonus: IMO your most important stat is Perception, both to connect with your massive damage bonuses, and because it increases crit chance, and this build wants to take as much advantage of the streetfighter crit damage bonus as it can.

I assume the same would be true for the Devoted build as well?

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about the Devoted build, but Devoted does get a +25% crit damage bonus, so Per would probably be the thing to aim for there too. 

Try the Devoted build, think that one may be your style. Lots of constant healing at all times :)

Yes, I am really liking Devoted/Paladin.

Oh boy. Maybe try Flanked then? Either by actually getting surrounded or artificially by blinding/distracting your character. Blunderbuss modal Powder Burns would do the trick. Or standing inside a Chill Fog cast by your wizzie (would be good to have Perception Resistance to downgrade Blind to Disoriented to avoid the additional heavy Accuracy penalty). Though a Fighter is not great for that, as you'd loose Inspired Strikes buff, which is awesome.

So... try to get surrounded. Charge first and provoke as many enemies as you can.

I can understand that. Just gotta get used to it. For more survivability use Bloody Links armor (it's tough call between it and devil of caroc armor tho), and later Unbending Shield ability (which does not overheal but keeps you alive). With high Resolve and Refreshing Defense you can fight bloodied no problem. I never used a shield.

• Like 1

Use Nemnok's Cloak. Barrings Death Door and you can not die vs. burst damage.

• Like 1

If there are no objections I would like to post a new thread under class builds. Unless someone else has any suggestions they think fit with the builds that should be changed ASAP?

Better to dump resolve and put it in INT, because you want your hobbled / blinded last long. What does the -8 INT ring do?

Bliss: Resistance to Perception, Intelligence, and Resolve afflictions

I think there missing few top tier combos for solo melee

(Ascendant,Soulblade)/Paladin - With new Rapier & Animancer Blade
Ranger/Paladin - With latest patch this combination get +20 ACC / +20 Defenses against bosses

I don't think that there exist combination stronger than Ranger/Paladin

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Ranger/Paladin - With latest patch this combination get +20 ACC / +20 Defenses against bosses

How would you build these, how much micro is involved?

Well Ranger/Paladin now can rise it defense/accuracy against 1 enemy type, this mean that you can start each fight with 120+ defenses even without any gear, with shield and cape, you can rise defenses to 150+ and stop all enemies crits

+ Ranger get you +50 passive accuracy - which usually mean 50%+ crit rate

+ Ranger get you summon which can set flanked status 

+ Ranger get you ability to clear all beneficial effects

You don't need any micro, you don't need no-rest rust, you need only prepare yourself for boss battle that all 

Paladin/Ascendant - Work same, but  without +30 acc bonus, you can do no-rest run, just dominate everything and disintegrate bosses ;)

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 2

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

If there are no objections I would like to post a new thread under class builds. Unless someone else has any suggestions they think fit with the builds that should be changed ASAP?

Better to dump resolve and put it in INT, because you want your hobbled / blinded last long. What does the -8 INT ring do?

lol pretty much useless. Don't you get the same with captains banquet and without the -8 int?

I can understand that. Just gotta get used to it. For more survivability use Bloody Links armor (it's tough call between it and devil of caroc armor tho), and later Unbending Shield ability (which does not overheal but keeps you alive). With high Resolve and Refreshing Defense you can fight bloodied no problem. I never used a shield.

I don't think Bloody Links' defensive boosts when Bloodied is sufficient enough for me feel safe.

Use

I don't think that there exist combination stronger than Ranger/Paladin

I am considering that for Drizzt or Aragorn-type of melee character, but the pet just gets in my way ;)

Edited by Lampros

I don't think Bloody Links' defensive boosts when Bloodied is sufficient enough for me feel safe.

Use

I don't think that there exist combination stronger than Ranger/Paladin

I am considering that for Drizzt or Aragorn-type of melee character, but the pet just gets in my way ;)

I’d love to see this type of build. Melee characters are my jam.

lol pretty much useless. Don't you get the same with captains banquet and without the -8 int?
It's certainly true that the Ring of Mule's Wit is of little use if you've eaten the Captain's Banquet, but that a big opportunity cost. Namely, locking you out of all of the other food benefits you could have.

For example, I like pairing the Ring of Mule's Wit with Shark Soup, which yields +2 Might, +1 PL to everything, and immunity to all physical afflictions, to go along with the ring's resistance to all mental afflictions. It's pretty nice being either resistant or immune to every kind of affliction in the game.

Edited by whimper