Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Political Thread XX

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8875 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

:lol: Here you go:

1) derp - Used as a substitute for speech regarded as meaningless or stupid, or to comment on a foolish or stupid action.
2) fish or cut bait - To come to a decision point: either commit to what you're doing, or give it up entirely.

The struggle really is real with you. Even your Google is broken! Conversation, and life in general, will be much clearer for you if you simply focus on the text or words that are presented to you, NOT what your little angry inner monologue (a long and typically tedious speech by one person during a conversation) decides to fabricate.

Look, I'm trying to just focus on the words and the text you are putting up here. It reads to me as insulting and condescending. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5704 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Lol sweet obliviousness. It might be entertaining to waste time bringing you up to speed...but that should have already happened in subsequent poster comments...so its obviously never going to happen. Back to bait cutting (see above) for me.

ktchong

ktchong

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 190 posts

Here is Jason Kessler, 34-year-old White nationalist, alt-right leader, and organizer of the "Unite the Right" rally:

... who is 34-year-old and still lives in his parent's home.  Got busted when he got yelled at by his father (i.e., "I want this to stop! Get out of your room!") when he was live-streaming on YouTube:

L-O-S-E-R.

Edited by ktchong, Today, 09:46 AM.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5704 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

You are so so mean for attacking another person due to their economic status. *nod*

• Sharp_one and BruceVC like this

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9202 posts

Don't trust anybody who at one point in their lives has either taken a selfie or held a selfie stick.

• Sharp_one likes this

Sharp_one

Sharp_one

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 748 posts

Here is Jason Kessler

L-O-S-E-R.

Why would you take time to post about him then? In big fonts and clearly triggered to boot?

Just get on with your life and focus on important, positive people like president Donald Trump.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8875 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

edit: I don't really get it, but I'm going to just drop it. 

Edited by Hurlshot, Today, 10:32 AM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2225 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Hmm..

Tomi Lahren is a conservative/rightist who didn't move out her parent's house til last year, for the last 5 years she's been making more than most small business owners (still is). Now she has her own house though, a big house in NY I believe? Chances are, she put every bit she earned into the bank and saved it for the house she owns now.

Margot Robbie, the hollywood actress, still doesn't have a driver's license (never did in Australia either) or own a car but makes millions of dollars.

I had a 40 yo neighbor who lived with their parents just because she got stuck having to help them take care of their mentally/physically disabled daughter.

Point being, sometimes we just don't know what's going on, living with parents often doesn't have anything to do with finances or laziness but strategic choice. If your place burns down due to an accident such as leaving a fan plugged in while you go to the store and the circuit getting fried on some chance of an electrical current surge or ehat have you, chances are you would rather go to a family members' place than a hotel (if you're smart that is).

The stereotypes of "living with mommy and daddy" are no less silly than that of the "oh you're a gamer who lives in your parent's basement" but again, it's the internet and we know everything by assuming everything. Discredit all possible variables, forget logic, deny reason, raise your pitchforks and attack! ;)

^It's always funner that way anayway.

Edited by SonicMage117, Today, 10:18 AM.

• majestic and BruceVC like this

Sharp_one

Sharp_one

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 748 posts

Germany immigration politics at it's finest.

And they dare to moralize Eastern Europe countries.

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hmm..

Tomi Lahren is a conservative/rightist who didn't move out her parent's house til last year, for the last 5 years she's been making more than most small business owners (still is). Now she has her own house though, a big house in NY I believe? Chances are, she put every bit she earned into the bank and saved it for the house she owns now.

Margot Robbie, the hollywood actress, still doesn't have a driver's license (never did in Australia either) or own a car but makes millions of dollars.

I had a 40 yo neighbor who lived with their parents just because she got stuck having to help them take care of their mentally/physically disabled daughter.

Point being, sometimes we just don't know what's going on, living with parents often doesn't have anything to do with finances or laziness but strategic choice. If your place burns down due to an accident such as leaving a fan plugged in while you go to the store and the circuit getting fried on some chance of an electrical current surge or ehat have you, chances are you would rather go to a family members' place than a hotel (if you're smart that is).

The stereotypes of "living with mommy and daddy" are no less silly than that of the "oh you're a gamer who lives in your parent's basement" but again, it's the internet and we know everything by assuming everything. Discredit all possible variables, forget logic, deny reason, raise your pitchforks and attack! ;)

^It's always funner that way anayway.

Well color me orange and call me sunkist, I find myself agreeing.

edit:

Edit to clarify I'm not agreeing with our pre-moderated Polish lovebunny.

Edited by majestic, Today, 01:59 PM.

• SonicMage117 likes this

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9202 posts

"Tomi Lahren" is a Finnish F1-pilot.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2225 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
The version I'm speaking of is the Fox News contributor, I should have been more specific, the error is mine for not clarifying further.

Edited by SonicMage117, Today, 10:37 AM.

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

While I get that the second part is sarcasm, I would say Trump is more anarcho-capitalist than libertarian. While I really only remember Gary Johnson for his position on marjuana, his isolationism, and constant gaffes, his policies on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia...of_Gary_Johnson are pretty obviously not Trump. He's actually pro-EPA, just thinks that the government shouldn't subsidize (or bail out) renewable energy. Though interestingly, he seems to think that the government should prop up fossil fuel industries...

Which tells you all about him. I'll guess: Hang on the oil-infused teat, screw the environment, pocket money from corporations who would benefit from a libertarian policy?

Trump is more of an unprincipled moron from where I'm sitting, doing whatever he thinks will earn him acclaim and popularity, without bruising his own ego.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5704 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

These responses make no sense. Can you clarify?

A. Yes, I am insulting you in a condescending tone.

B. No, it is not my intention to insult and condescend.

Look, at no point am I intentionally being condescending or insulting. I'm seriously asking you to clarify certain statements, and you seem to be just avoiding that. Which is fine, but I think you are better than that. 

Do you see this as an unfriendly conversation? I mean, there are certain people here who I don't waste time debating with, because they seem more interested in being right than having a conversation. I've never really seen you in that way, but I'm getting the impression you see me in that way? Am I correct?

These are actual questions. Again, not trying to bait. You don't have to answer, of course, but I don't see how that benefits either of us.

Fair enough, Ill give it one more hack:

1) You come to some conclusion about my post that nobody else does and then try to twist it to besmirch me.
2) Confronted on that point, you suddenly lose command of your native language AND the ability to look anything up.
3) You "liked" Amentep's post in which he clearly understands my post and provides a counterpoint, but still somehow cant understand my point.
3) Yes, I am mocking point 2 and disappointed in point 1.

So, I found your claims of "me no understandy" to be disingenuous. But Im glad to see I was wrong. :brofist:

EDIT: Lordy, shes a smokeshow.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2225 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yeah! I mean, I may be married but I always considered Tomi to be a looker and a brainy. I still have a few celebrity crushes :p

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7387 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer
Americans have odd taste.

Bunch of people that have been mean to Trump lost their security clearances, for some reason Flynn didn't. Wonder how much that matters in any case.

Edited by Malcador, Today, 11:10 AM.

• aluminiumtrioxid likes this

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9202 posts

Tomi should marry Tommy and make a lot of Aryan babies.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5704 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Winners and losers from Tuesday’s primaries: Once again, Trump is a big winner.

Ruh Roh Raggy.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7387 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer
Doesn't seem like any kind of surprise, though.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3008 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Bunch of people that have been mean to Trump lost their security clearances, for some reason Flynn didn't. Wonder how much that matters in any case.

Trump is petty that's all there is to it. I don't know of anyone who has a clearance for any purpose other than making money. It's a weak excuse

@Gromnir - I understand the real world practicality of it but I guess I've just been on the internet too much. I've seen those arguments many times and even here on these boards.
  • Malcador likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users