Hey guys, in response to the new update v1.20 which gives us access to a mod manager and makes the integration of custom classes easier than ever, I thought it would be a cool idea for the community to make a library of all the class and subclass ideas they have that could be integrated into the game. One of my favorite things about Neverwinter Nights 2 and other crpgs is the sheer amount of classes and subclasses available for us to choose. While Deadfire has added to the number it never hurts to go the extra mile with mods to tailor your experience.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to start off with the Priest of Abydon, a priest focused on defense and uses a variety of transmutation and earth like abilities.

Description: Abydon is the god of duty, preservation, hope, progress, aspiration and industy. The patron of balcksmiths, laborers and the Crusible knights, the god inspires excellence in your chosen field and encourages honest work and tenacity. Abydon sacrificed himself to stop a cataclysmic event from wiping out the Entwithan civilization. He rebuilt himself from scraps of his essence and the help of Magran into the Golem, a being made of metal, however the geas that drove him towards preservation was lost. The watcher chose whether to remind him of it or let it remain forgotten.

(Favored dispositions: honest and stoic, disfavored dispositions: deceptive and clever)

The priest gains spells that correspond to Abydon when they reach a new power level. The Blessings of the white forge: +Deflection bonus when wearing heavy armor and if possible, can enchant normal equipment to highest level but not legendary  and add lass to equipment (meant to help early game not replace unique equipment)

Spells and Abilities gained:

• Fan of Flames: Bellows of the forge
  • Firebrand: lose access to spiritual weapons or if these two options are in the realm of possibilities: 1. Spiritual weapon: Warhammer, crushing dmg and 2. Gift of the Forge: add burning lass to currently equiped weapon/s
  • Twin stones: the hammer of Abydon could send shockwaves across the earth
  • Ironskin: known as the god of constructs, Abydon rebuilt himself into a being made of metal
  • Calling the World's Maw
  • Embrace the Earth's Tallon
  • Rusted Armor: Corrode poorly forged armor
  • Unbreakable: Rebuild yourself as Abydon once did, if possible could include Symbol of Abydon: deals crushing damage and provides deflection bonus
  • Citzal's enchanted armory: Fabricate weapons and a breastplate out of thin air, and Incarnate: Summon Steelclad Construct

XuDGQVu.png

The Golem Reconstructed

Edit: Decided to change the disposition to honest and stoic, fit better.

Edited by NocturnalTrance
  • Like 2

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

I feel like favoured dispositions for Priest of Abydon would be better as Honest and Stoic

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any/many subclasses that encourage Stoic characters so it might also fill this gap

• Like 1

I agree it could be stoic too, I though it could clash with dialogue options since honest and stoic seem to fall in the same dialogue trees. Tell truth or keep quiet. But stoic could match it well :)

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

I’d love to see more subclasses for priests, like maybe Tyranny Domain like spells for priests of Woedica, hold person, whispers of treason and other illusion spells. Have a water priest for Ondra or maybe a priest of Hylea with wind abilities, that would make the most use of her scepter that gives bonus to wind abilities. Maybe paladins of the Crusible knights and Dawnstars. I will try to make some more classes, I would love for everyone to contribute and maybe mod authors who feel like they could help out the community could make mods to integrate them into the game. :)

Cruelty is already a disliked dispositions for many, I agree with you that Abydon probably would hate it, but if any god would hate sarcastic dismal watchers (clever) it would be the Abydon lol.

• Like 2

Yes agreed, I think Clever is most opposite to Abydon's domain.

I prefer to think of his true followers as those who work hard at their craft with a quiet dignity. Working-class craftsmen and the like. Reminds me of a fantasy series I read once where the main character was an apprentice carpenter before learning magic.

(Btw Does anyone know what this was? Had themes of Order and Chaos magic where the "twist" was that white robes ones were the bad guys and the black robes ones were good haha)

• Like 1

A plant druid subclass, with a Lurker spiritshift and plant spells. Not sure what would be the restriction, maybe animal spells?

Edit: A wizard like the sorcerer from BG. Maybe with a a single resource like some classes (fighter, rogue, etc) but less spells.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

A plant Druid class sounds really cool, can’t think why it is not in the game already. Also maybe the classes from companions become available too, pehaps not in the same way, like watershaper could be a priest of Ondra without the shark transformation, just to keep the companions interesting.

• Like 2

Looks like a good set of spells and dispositions for an Abydon priest, nice job!

"Knights of the Crucible" and "Steel Garotte" subclasses for Paladin would be interesting.

• Like 2

Hey guys, here are my ideas for a priest of Hylea

The priest of Hylea is a fast and chaotic caster, hurling foes with gusts of wind and causing destruction with the turbulent dissonance in their songs and poetry.

(if multiclassed with chanter, summon drake and dragon abilities cost one less chant to summon and the casting speed is much faster for such invocations, loses access to wind abilties of a chanter so that they cannot cast Eld Nary spells with two resources)

Description: Hylea is the goddess of songs, arts, language and maternity. She is the matron of sky creatures and her sphere of influence includes the sky and the wind element. Her followers are made up of poets, artists and bards. Her temples are located in mountain tops are built without roofs in order for her followers to come closer to her domain. Her priests celebrate life and live theirs to the fullest. 

(Favored Dispositions: Benevolent and Passionate, Disfavored Dispositions: Cruel and Agressive)

The priest gains spells that correspond to Hylea when they reach a new power level.

1. Winter Wind
  2. Withdraw: the priest provides a roost for injured allies to rest, and Spiritual Weapon: The harp of the avian court: works by immobilizing the priest while they play music that provides healing and a hit to crit conversion bonus
  3. Deleterious Alacrity of Motion: the priest calls upon the winds to speed up their movement
  4. Dimensional Shift: the priest switches places with an ally in a beautiful array of colors
  5. Cleansing Wind
  6. So Singt thy Bitting Winds of Eld Nary
  7. Call to Slumber: the siren like voice of the priest lulls the enemies to sleep
  8. Eld Nary's Curse Spread through their midsts
  9. Tornado, Incarnate: Greater Storm Blight

YzLjQqz.png

Pallegina: Avian Godlike of Hylea

Edited by NocturnalTrance
  • Like 2

Hey, everyone this forum moved to the modding forums, I hope some talented mod authors join in the convesation and discuss what kind of classes and subclasses they would like to see integrated in to the game as well and ways that could be achieved.

I've already made a couple of subclasses in case you guys don't know yet:

Channeler (Pure Caster Cipher)

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/98

Martialist (Melee Wizard)
Demolitionist (AoE Wizard)

Spellslinger (Long Range Wizard)

Hexer (Debuff/Pet Wizard)

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/135

I'm currently working on:

Defiler (Decay/Poison Druid)

- Apply poison to enemies while Spiritshifted

- Deal bonus damage to enemies with decay or poison effects

- Bonus spells:

1. Breath of Treason
2. Fetid Caress
3. Noxious Burst
4. Corpse Explosion
5. Malignant Cloud
6. Summon Dank Spore
7. Boiling Flesh
8. Wilting Wind
9. Corrosive Skin
- Can't cast Elemental spells

Future plans:

Scion (Summoned Weapon/Pet Fighter)

Edited by GravitonGamer
  • Like 2

Twilight Druid. Lose shapeshift and Elemental spells, gain +2 power level towards Rot spells and generate a small aoe pulse of healing over time each time your Decay spell kills something. 
Fluff wise, it's a druid that focuses on the very instant of death, so it can be fully optimized for rebirth and nothing is wasted. 

EDIT:
A few variants:
a) replace Shapeshift with "Rebirth at Sunrise" and "Death At Sunset"  abilities. Death At Sunset is a passive buffing your Decay spells; Rebirth at Sunrise gets charged by killing stuff with Decay spells and allows you to create a Moonwell-like effect of healing.
b) Perhaps instead of flatly buffing Rot spells power level, "Death At Sunset" should make these spells attack Will if it is a weaker save, akin to that Barbarian perk that changes deflection to Fort when attacking with weapons.

c) Perhaps Twilight Druid should some mechanic around health levels - the closer target is to death, the more powerful Decay and Rejuvenation spells become. 

Why? Because I love Druid as a full caster, don't really care about Spiritshifting, and absolutely adore the Decay theme for a druid. 

Edited by WHW
  • Like 1

Twilight Druid. Lose shapeshift and Elemental spells, gain +2 power level towards Rot spells and generate a small aoe pulse of healing over time each time your Decay spell kills something. 

Fluff wise, it's a druid that focuses on the very instant of death, so it can be fully optimized for rebirth and nothing is wasted. 

EDIT:

A few variants:

a) replace Shapeshift with "Rebirth at Sunrise" and "Death At Sunset"  abilities. Death At Sunset is a passive buffing your Decay spells; Rebirth at Sunrise gets charged by killing stuff with Decay spells and allows you to create a Moonwell-like effect of healing.

b) Perhaps instead of flatly buffing Rot spells power level, "Death At Sunset" should make these spells attack Will if it is a weaker save, akin to that Barbarian perk that changes deflection to Fort when attacking with weapons.

c) Perhaps Twilight Druid should some mechanic around health levels - the closer target is to death, the more powerful Decay and Rejuvenation spells become. 

Why? Because I love Druid as a full caster, don't really care about Spiritshifting, and absolutely adore the Decay theme for a druid. 

I like your idea and I was trying to do something similar, but the way game is coded, Druids HAVE to pick a spiritshift form during character creation. Even if you disable Spiritshift, it's awkward to be forced to choose a spiritshift form during character creation and be unable to use it.

Both the priest of Abydon and Hylea sounds really good.
I would spicy things up some new spells for them.

For Abydon:
Why having firebrand and spiritual weapon warhammer? I think they're mutual exclusive.
I would replace firebrand with a brand new spell: "Gift of the Forge": add burning lash to the weapon equipped (should be work with both summoned and regular weapon).

A passive talent called "Metallurgy": add +1 penetration to weapons and +1 armor rating. PL 4, should be compete with "Scion of Flame".

---------------

Hylea sounds perfect. Which spiritual weapon for her?

---------------

I tried to figure out an Ondra priest, the only problem is not making a mirror of the watershaper, I would see the priest more a disabler/support than an healer.

Edited by mammasaura
  • Like 1

CzSyX91.jpg

I've already done most of a write up for this, but I figure I can throw it here too.

Spirit Shaman

My idea was originally just a druid sub-class, similar to a shifter but instead of just a poor gimmick with all forms, the class would be entirely based around a single form (of your choosing) and forgo almost all spells.

However, since this idea involved changing your actual resources, as well as altering the tree slightly for each transformation, it now has moved into the idea of an entire Class, with a separate sub-class for each form.

I'm not going to go too far into detail here, but the class would function like a multi-class Druid with a separate martial class for melee abilities, except it will be entirely self-sufficient. You'll still have a very few select druid spells, but they will function more like a sub-class boost, similar to Trickster rogue spells or Skaen priest melee abilities.

At this point, the 'idea' phase of the build is about 70% - 85% done, but the actual modding part is.... about negative 6% finished.

• Like 1

Looks like a good set of spells and dispositions for an Abydon priest, nice job!

"Knights of the Crucible" and "Steel Garotte" subclasses for Paladin would be interesting.

Steel Garrot it's already in the game you can use that to unlock all the classes (i added the missing description for woedica priest and Steel Garrote plus italian localization), this is based on that mod  so credits to the original creator (Balkoth56)

Edited by kilay
  • Like 3

To be able to subclass companions like Eder into Unbroken.

Made it right now

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/116

• Like 3