RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - BATTLE ROYALE

Speaking of, I'm a bit less excited about Dying Light 2 knowing Chris Avellone is the narrative director. I already know the story won't be as strong as the first game's. At the same time, it's another Dying Light so.....

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

'Let's compare the art-style of three differnt games (each with three different settings) to one another and decide which engine works best with which dev team.' said Lexx, exactly 30 minutes after having taken 5 hits of acid.

P.S: It's so fun to annoy Lexx :>

Thanks for reminding me that discussing something on the internet is a pointless waste of time, I guess. =]

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

'Let's compare the art-style of three differnt games (each with three different settings) to one another and decide which engine works best with which dev team.' said Lexx, exactly 30 minutes after having taken 5 hits of acid.

P.S: It's so fun to annoy Lexx :>

Thanks for reminding me that discussing something on the internet is a pointless waste of time, I guess. =]

BLASPHEMY!!!

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

For Guard Dog

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I need more RTS's in my life, this looks promising.

https://kingart-games.com/article/45-iron-harvest-devblog-3-july-2018

try this, it cost almost nothing on steam:

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I have all Men of War games on Steam but never tried any of them. Guess I'll give them a go. There was this fella over at the No Mutants Allowed boards(Wooz - he worked as a concept artist for Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior) and he recommended that game a lot.

If you have all MoW games, skip the original and go straight to Men of War Assault Squad 2 Origins. It's a remaster of the original in the latest version of the engine that is actually worthy of the denomination.

Speaking of, I'm a bit less excited about Dying Light 2 knowing Chris Avellone is the narrative director. I already know the story won't be as strong as the first game's. At the same time, it's another Dying Light so.....

(ow, the edge!)

That's funny because the pseudo-Nietzschean bull that the main baddie is constantly going on about is something that would fit nicely in a character written by MCA. The game lacked the setting deconstruction that is the other trademark of Avellone, but then again, it's a pretty generic modern-day urban setting. Narrative was nothing to write home about in any case — the game's strengths were in the actual gameplay and the game was good despite the writing.

• Like 4

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

(ow, the edge!)

That's funny because the pseudo-Nietzschean bull that the main baddie is constantly going on about is something that would fit nicely in a character written by MCA. The game lacked the setting deconstruction that is the other trademark of Avellone, but then again, it's a pretty generic modern-day urban setting. Narrative was nothing to write home about in any case — the game's strengths were in the actual gameplay and the game was good despite the writing.

You'll see I'm right when it releases. It's going to be muddy and unfocused. Chris Avellone will offer player choice ajd that will be the diwnfall, as these types of games were never meant to offer such things. I agree it should be about the gameplay and not the story, it's not hard to write a good post-apocalyptic zombie storyline but it is easy to mess ut up by trying to expand it to places it shouldn't go.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

^I decided to pay $3.00 to play detective. It's piracy. Someone took the GoG version of the game, repackaged it with their own installer signed and published with "Ace Media Group LLC" and submitted it ro Amazon. The installer looks fairly lrgit but the uninstaller doesn't work. They left GOG-specific metadata and Galaxy64.dll (for GOG Galaxy client integration) in the install difectory.

https://youtu.be/M69RokAgogY

I agree with the general concensus, normally drm ISN'T okay but when things like this happen, Denuvo is a great thing for developers and publishers to force on comsumers. Whether people want to accept that or not doesn't matter, the real people at fault aren't the publishers but the pirates who do these things.

Of course, Amazon already banned the sellers but the damage is done. On thr bright side, more exposure for the indie devs who made Frostpunk.

Edited by SonicMage117

If anyone decides to force anything on me, which I do not want, I go doing business somewhere else. There is enough companies which do not need to engage in such a shady decisions, which are happy to take my money. *shrugs*

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Really though, Amazon at the moment is dreadful. Riddled with counterfeits, resold fake returns (especially computer components) that have never been checked and fly by night scam artists using the marketplace with no supervision. Garbage wages and conditions get garbage results from staff and they want more documentation that their scams are scams than they want to open a seller account in the first place. It's even worse than steam is, except for Amazon having a fantastic refund policy; which they wouldn't need so much of if the rest of its service- and its absolute core service- hadn't fallen off a cliff.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 3

...also the absolute worst search system, with so many duplicated pages and completely unrelated results.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Really though, Amazon at the moment is dreadful. Riddled with counterfeits, resold fake returns (especially computer components) that have never been checked and fly by night scam artists using the marketplace with no supervision. Garbage wages and conditions get garbage results from staff and they want more documentation that their scams are scams than they want to open a seller account in the first place. It's even worse than steam is, except for Amazon having a fantastic refund policy; which they wouldn't need so much of if the rest of its service- and its absolute core service- hadn't fallen off a cliff.

It's always had issues. Honestly automation is nothing without a proper "immune system."

The internet page sucks, the listing sucks.

That's why I use the phone app. If you're a prime member or a rewards member, you should be using the phone app anyway, it makes everything so much easier. I agree the internet page is horrible for users, that's probably why they made the apps. As far as ordering, I only order from Prime comsultants and sharers, which, as you guys probably know, takes care of you if you have a problem.

Admittedly, this was a great news story though. I don't really blame Amazon for it. I just blame the pirates. I mean, those guys could have infiltrated anywhere - it doesn't take much efforts and it has nothing to do with a marketplace being secure or thorough with a supplier/seller. It was just a con-artist and nothing more.

Edited by SonicMage117

Here we go guys, it's begun....

It seems a decent portion of early backers suddenly backed out and are demanding money back from backing the game. Seems like they've had enough and are tired of waiting. Now the response of the devs is particularly interesting and the contract/terms of agreement worked on in favor for the devs.

Reminds me of what happened with Double Fine, not that that's bad. Double Fine's rep wasn't even tarnished, if anything they got more successful after the lawsuit so... here's to the industry. Here's to devs and pubes!!!

#MakeNMSgreatAgain2018

Crowdunding games is such a weird thing. Realistically you should recognize that your investment may never come to fruition. But then again, I just got Hero-U ages after it was due and it turned out to be a gem, so who knows?

• Like 2

Ahhh!!! I meant devs and pubs as in developers and publishers lmao! :x

• Like 1

Here we go guys, it's begun....

It seems a decent portion of early backers suddenly backed out and are demanding money back from backing the game. Seems like they've had enough and are tired of waiting. Now the response of the devs is particularly interesting and the contract/terms of agreement worked on in favor for the devs.

Reminds me of what happened with Double Fine, not that that's bad. Double Fine's rep wasn't even tarnished, if anything they got more successful after the lawsuit so... here's to the industry. Here's to devs and pubes!!!

#MakeNMSgreatAgain2018

I agree with the court decision. Unless one or two years ago, you can now already play the game and you don't have to pay 1000 dollars for that to happen. If it's a good game or a bad game at this stage is a completely different thing, though. If people still feel the need to give them thousands of dollars, well, it's up to them, but they can't really complain anymore, imo.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I still hold out hope for Star Citizen to fail.  Pretty sure someone will try to murder Chris Roberts if it does :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra