RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - BATTLE ROYALE

They have two teams right? The Dis2 and the Prey one? Unfortunately I think Harvey Smith is taking an extended sabbatical, much like Josh Sawyer, last I heard. Hopefully it comes back to direct something new.

They have two teams right? The Dis2 and the Prey one? Unfortunately I think Harvey Smith is taking an extended sabbatical, much like Josh Sawyer, last I heard. Hopefully it comes back to direct something new.

Maybe they should do a temporary job swap. Have some cameras follow them around in their new jobs too and sell it as a reality TV show.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Steams Friends had a big revamp. It has some problems, and there are some things I like about it, and some things I don't. Hope they fix the stuff that I don't (e.g. auto-rendering on images, videos, gifs - that should definitely be an option...and no offline mode for friends is a big oversight - there's invisible mode, but you can't stop people from messaging you short of exiting out of Steam, blocking people, or going into the *real* offline mode...which prevents you from playing any online games).

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Ahhh so that's what the big update was. I was notified ot downloaded bit haven't restarted it so it hasn't installed. People message me when I'm offline so that's a bummer if I go invisible and messages still pop up if I'm in the kiddle of a game I mean, it's not a huge deal but....

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Apparently I can't sign out of the friendslist anymore. Now I'll have to go invisible... and in the options I have to disable that I get notifications for whenever anyone starts a game. This is annoying.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

That last part - getting notifications for anyone starting a game - was always standard (and annoying) behavior, though. At least you still have the option to disable it.

@Sonic: Yeah, that's how offline/invisible mode works. I'd been asking for invisible mode for like a decade, but not at the expense of not being able to go offline...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

You don't get notifications if you are offline. I don't mind the notifications when I mark myself as online, though. With the new version I'll have to choose.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Ah, I see. Yes, since there is no offline mode anymore, that is true.

Ravnica is Meadow in Croatian, but can be used as place name.

You mean Serbian?

Anyways how does that make Ravnica more interesting that Kamigawa lore wise?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Steam Friends will minimize your game if it goes down while you're online. No problem, I'll just set myself to...oh, wait, no, offline status doesn't exist anymore. Thanks, Valve, :ban: .

• Like 2

Steam Friends will minimize your game if it goes down while you're online. No problem, I'll just set myself to...oh, wait, no, offline status doesn't exist anymore. Thanks, Valve, :ban: .

Wait, for real?

The culture around Valve that I grew up with seems totally gone now. I don't want to act like the earlier PC consumers were more informed than the "general masses," but now that custom rigs and PC gaming are increasingly mainstream it seems like not enough of consumer base even cares. Or maybe it's a case that Valve has cornered the market enough that they are no longer in the careful tiptoeing stages of building credit with consumers.

Okay, I think it's once per install or something - when it went first down, it wanted me to hit "OK" on something, which I rapidly did because I was in the middle of a game, because now I'm actually properly testing it, and that prompt no longer appears. That's not nearly as bad, but still kind of dumb.

You can also use a "-nochatui -nofriendsui" command line switch for the time being to revert back to the old UI. I'll be doing that until at least - at least! - I have the option to disable auto-loading images/videos - that crap is soooooooooo annoying.

• Like 2

It's just your imaginagion! Just wait until some Steam evangelist here makes you clear, that this is the function, you always wanted from GabeN, but were always afraid to ask and enjoy :p

Valve couldn't be wrong wrong :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Kamigawa and Ravnica are different editions of a card game called Magic the Gathering.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP