RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - BATTLE ROYALE

Steam may actually be getting some real competition soon...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is finally out about 5 year later

GOG

Stema

I had said Star Citizen would come out before this, whoops. :p
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The disabled game better than the enabled, whether on comtroller or keyboard and mouse. Apparently there is proof so...

Pretty cool :)

Losers bracket, don't underestimate them. They usually come back and beat the winning bracket taking home the trophy ans cash prize. Hence, why loser bracket is important.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is finally out about 5 year later

--snip--

I had said Star Citizen would come out before this, whoops. :p

The new bet is, what comes out first, Star Citizen or SpaceVenture?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The people in the comments make me laugh, seems they care more about the youtuber's amazing cyber hair than Cyberpunk 2077. Struck me as strange.

Strange... Smash Bros games were always casual, and they were always meant as a party game not dislike Powerstone...

More importantly, Monster Hunter World on Steam/GoG? Say it ain't so!!! :p

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Wonder how much he got paid

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Almost certainly not enough.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

New Tales of Vesperia trailer.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Kalypso Media have acquired the Commandos IP, plan new game in the series

“We have great respect for what the Pyro Studios team have accomplished and created throughout the history of the studio. We see it as our responsibility to revive and further develop these beloved games for fans around the world. Of course, this will include the development of a completely new game for all platforms, but also an extensive adaptation of the existing titles for contemporary technologies and platforms. We’re incredibly excited about the opportunities, and will begin speaking to potential development studios in the near future.” - Simon Hellwig

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Reminds me I need to actually try to finish Commandos at some point.  Hopefully it's not like JA:BIA, found that tedious.

Commandos and Jagged Alliance have barely anything in common. Always hated it when people compared both games.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Commandos and Jagged Alliance have barely anything in common. Always hated it when people compared both games.

Came to mind as another old game brought forward with a shocking result.

Nice, they got Praetorians as well - https://twitter.com/KalypsoMediaUK/status/1017342728869466113

Edited by Malcador

Commandos is more a puzzle game similar to something like Mikado, while JA is not. Granted, later installments in the series diluted this fact with ****ty gameplay and map design, but Commandos 1 + expansion are exactly that.

You can't just sneak your way to the scenario goal, you always have to take out enemy soldiers on your way (in a mostly pre-determined setup due to sight lines, patrol routes, etc), with the toys you get specifically assigned by the mission designer. You don't chose your starting soldiers, and you don't choose which one you'll use and which one you won't -- if the mission is well designed (as was done most of the time in Beyond the Call of Duty and at least half the time in Behind Enemy Lines), you'll always have to use at least two to three of them at the same time.

Also I refuse to call Commandos a "stealth game" ... while yes, careful moves and avoiding of enemy alert modes is a part of the gameplay, it's not like you often have a choice. Sounding the alarm will drastically increase enemy presence and in some cases make it impossible to finish a mission. This is usually not the case in "real" stealth games, e.g. thief, dishonored, prey, splinter cell, etc. etc.

tl;dr - Commandos is a puzzle game.

I'm not sure if Kalypso Media understands this and I'm not even cautious optimistic. On the other hand, though, after what Commandos has become by now... how much worse can it really get? 

PS: I think Commandos 2 is mediocre and I never bothered with more than mission 1 of Commandos 3, because I found the changed interface to be cancerous and crap.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Subnautica is coming to the PS4...yay! :)

Tetris is a puzzle game, Commandos is a Tactical Stealth/Espionage game.

Don't know much about Jagged Alliance since I never played any of the games.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I guess it's a puzzle like Hitman is, there's a system set up and you have time your way through it.

• Like 1

Tetris is a puzzle game, Commandos is a Tactical Stealth/Espionage game.

There is nothing "tactical" about Commandos. Except when you're cheesing the ai, most missions even only have one path of completion. You'll always have to take down guard x first, otherwise every other guard in the area will see you. Jagged Alliance is tactical, Commandos is not.

Why would you call it an "espionage game"? Because of the story? If you strip out the story, you'll get a more advanced Mikado, like I've already posted.

Edited by Lexx

Why would you call it an "espionage game"?

Because you do everything within your power to stay away from the enemy's line of sight for the most part of the game?

Also, you make it look as if the game plays like Mario Party, it doesn't. The levels in the original Commandos where quite huge and there was usually more than one way to reach your objective. It was a linear game at its core but each level acted like a mini sandbox that allowed you to do some tactical decision makings here and there.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.