k...i can deal with that. anyone know how much clear out got nerfed?

Not sure about Clear Out, but Charge is now just a stun instead of any kind of attack.

Also, Cleaving Stance got nerfed - instead of a full attack on all enemies around the fighter on kill, it's now a full attack on just one enemy. 

k...i can deal with that. anyone know how much clear out got nerfed?

Not sure about Clear Out, but Charge is now just a stun instead of any kind of attack.

Also, Cleaving Stance got nerfed - instead of a full attack on all enemies around the fighter on kill, it's now a full attack on just one enemy. 

i would rather making enemies having more hitpoints instead of nerfing charge. reason is so that fighter contribute in a fight and not just there soaking damage. of course nerfing charge is much easier and lazier than putting thoughts in improving encounters.

You could (maybe still can) lower fortitude etc. by 25 with modals (morning star etc.) in an AoE with Charge and Clear Out and also apply afflictions with stuff like Stunning Blows or Crippling Strike (and Arterial Strike) etc. as well as weapon procs. This is very powerful compared to other classes' abilities and has nothing to do with enemies' HP.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Charge is broken especially with all of the attacks triggering procs on weapons.  Giving more HP to the enemies doesn't correct that.

if you ask me procs is what make the game mechanics interesting. so balance around those numbers not removing the procs is the answer? akin to doc cutting your whole leg due to a small wound and not attending the would itself.

Edited by Archaven

Hello guys, first post on the forum but i've been on it for a while, reading you all on many topics.

As a lover of the fighter/warrior archetype in rpgs, i went for a fighter in the 2 PoE.

And i'm a bit scare with all those nerfs, because with charge nerf, cleave stance nerf and unbending nerf, the only last "powerful tool" of the warrior will be the accuracy buff and the penetrating strike. 
It really feels that the fighter is about to become only good for multiclassing or simply being a meatshield and that makes me sad. After the last balancing patches, the warrior ended up being a decent dps or a good meatshield in POE1, don't want him to share the same fate.

Charge is still good (stun is a great debuff), Cleaving Stance was just stupid and now is ok and Unbending (Trunk) was just ridiculously powerful and needed a nerf as well. No wonder everybody's (and their neighbors') melee build included fighter. He still has Clear Out which is good for providing weapon effects in an AoE for example.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah unbending deserved a nerf, same for cleave stance, but i don't think all "strong tools" should be nerfed, especially when average/mediocre tools aren't buffed on the other hand (like the fighter skill that cost 4 discipline and deals just a bit higher damages for such a high cost)

Clear out is only good if you have that kind of aoe effect on a weapon, but without that it's quite average, even a tad mediocre.

Still waiting for this patch since it's gonna fix a lot of other stuffs, but for what i saw, the fighter will be quite the lowest of the low tiers if the only changes he gets are those nerfs.

I feel they went a bit nuts with nerf *grade*. That is, remove Brilliant entirely instead of making resource recovery tick 15 sec instead of 3 and seeing how that fares. Unbending is a similar case. I think nerfs should be applied more gradually, like, make it 33% healing by default, 40-50% with upgrade.

Regarding charge - i really think they should branch this skill out. Like, when you take it at 4 PL, you get only primary attack on targets, then, at 6 PL you get a choice of applying some affliction(Dazed), or Full Attack.

I feel they went a bit nuts with nerf *grade*. That is, remove Brilliant entirely instead of making resource recovery tick 15 sec instead of 3 and seeing how that fares. Unbending is a similar case. I think nerfs should be applied more gradually, like, make it 33% healing by default, 40-50% with upgrade.

Regarding charge - i really think they should branch this skill out. Like, when you take it at 4 PL, you get only primary attack on targets, then, at 6 PL you get a choice of applying some affliction(Dazed), or Full Attack.

Brilliant should have been changed (as an 3rd tier Int buff) to +5 Int and Concentration or something.  Having a lvl 7 chant, giving you Quick, Insightful, and multiple (10+Int) power points back was just stupid, when a level 9 gives you back ('His Heart did fill') one, and is only accessed by non multi class characters.

Edited by Lokithecat

Charge is broken especially with all of the attacks triggering procs on weapons. Giving more HP to the enemies doesn't correct that.

Although I like "Charge" a lot, have to admit it's definitelly OP in it's current state.

My main is a devout ascendant who dual-wields scordeo trophy and stormcracker. Focus gets full after 1, maximum 2 charges.

At level 14, with gloves of discipline I can charge 4 times. On average this results in 8 dead enemies in the first 4s of combat, and ~ -60-69% recovery time bonus which is hefty for the following detonate spam...

P.S. I think it would make sense if Charge with ranged weapons would full attack only the main target. While charge with melee could also hit those on the path (but without carnage/citzal blast secondary hits).

Edited by MaxQuest

An upgrade to Charge that restores its previous functionality would be fun. Make it PL 8 or 9 as an incentive to remain single classed.

You can go Monk if you really want the old charge. 

The old charge was far more busted than the new one. Contrary to the description the charge from POEI did crush damage to all in its path AND a full attack on the target. Bascially dealing 200-300 damage on your target late game.

An upgrade to Charge that restores its previous functionality would be fun. Make it PL 8 or 9 as an incentive to remain single classed.

Good idea!

how about making resources cost double for multiclass? was it spammable the main problem? double the cost and limit to 2 per encounter? or empowering it will bring back the old charge? better than outright removing it?

Edited by Archaven

Most of the PL8&9 abilities need more, to be honest.  It's real easy to multiclass fighter when all you have to look forward to is inspired strike.  It's real easy to multiclass paladin when the main thing you'd otherwise have to look forward too is to literally kill yourself.

I think all the suggestions regarding charge and abilities as such are not focussed on the main issue. The main issue is how effective the ability is, not in the amount of spamming you can do or when you learn it. All of those things would hamper your choice and the character in itself. I think it is far better to have abiltiies scale with class level even more than they do now and make them weaker at earlier levels. This way you choose to use a weaker version, but still get the utility it provides without sacrificing any of its usefulness in your playing style. Putting charge at level 8 of fighter makes even single class fighters weaker as well as multiclass. I don't like that at all.

The real main problem with fighter was that it was picked a lot as a secondary class because of :

-Devoted

-Cleaving stance

-Unbending

-Charge

-Accuracy buff

Mainly buffs, passives, for 1 defensive and 1 offensive skill.
This just proves the fighter doesn't have real active skills next to that, and was already only good to pick for multiclassing (but really good at it).
After the patch, he will still be a decent second class for multiclassing, but just decent, while being garbage as a single class.

The thing is, if you remove those moves, the only decent move left for the fighter is penetrating strike, (which is weaker than flame of devotion, the 2 rogue active attack skills, the monk attack boost skills etc..)
The other moves are :
-Clear out (the active cleave), only good if you have a special AOE effect on your weapon, and it's mainly good on dual wielders. 
-Power strike, an extremely bad move for his 4 discipline cost.

-Vigorous defense, a good defensive skill, but cost a lot and between unbending and this, unbending is better, especially since the CD refreshing upgrade isn't working.

-Sundering blow : Decent but cost a lot and is a really late game skill. 

Fighters will have for them the accuracy buff and a "good" attack (penetrating strike) with decent stance. Nothing powerful.

I really can't see the reason to pick this class (other than just a secondary class to buff your already powerful main class) without a compensation for those nerf.

Edited by Veolfen

The real main problem with fighter was that it was picked a lot as a secondary class because of :

-Devoted

-Cleaving stance

-Unbending

-Charge

-Accuracy buff

Mainly buffs, passives, for 1 defensive and 1 offensive skill.

This just proves the fighter doesn't have real active skills next to that, and was already only good to pick for multiclassing (but really good at it).

After the patch, he will still be a decent second class for multiclassing, but just decent, while being garbage as a single class.

The thing is, if you remove those moves, the only decent move left for the fighter is penetrating strike, (which is weaker than flame of devotion, the 2 rogue active attack skills, the monk attack boost skills etc..)

The other moves are :

-Clear out (the active cleave), only good if you have a special AOE effect on your weapon, and it's mainly good on dual wielders. 

-Power strike, an extremely bad move for his 4 discipline cost.

-Vigorous defense, a good defensive skill, but cost a lot and between unbending and this, unbending is better, especially since the CD refreshing upgrade isn't working.

-Sundering blow : Decent but cost a lot and is a really late game skill. 

Fighters will have for them the accuracy buff and a "good" attack (penetrating stance) with decent stance. Nothing powerful.

I really can't see the reason to pick this class (other than just a secondary class to buff your already powerful main class) without a compensation for those nerf.

Or you know, make classes more restrictive when multiclassing such as removing certain abilties or changing them depending on the multiclass. Or perhaps make it so multiclass can't go to power level 7, but to power level 6 or only 5. Multiclassing is really strong right now because it has so few downsides.