Everything posted by Hurlshort
-
The Ebola Threat
It's certainly worrisome, but doesn't seem to have anywhere near the mortality rate of Ebola, seems to be more like the flu. It's troubling that you would say that, because no one in the US has died of Ebola, whereas a child my son's age just passed away from Enterovirus after showing very few signs of illness. That sounds like a much bigger threat to the US. Now I understand that internationally, or rather in underdeveloped nations, Ebola is a much bigger threat. But the reaction by certain media outlets has been ridiculous and frankly irresponsible. http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/ayvbym/a-rare-correction---no-ebola-outbreak-in-the-u-s-
-
What are you playing now?
Must be all the video and music. You've got to figure that's about the cap for the future. Unless Blu-Ray capacity is going to change.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Huh, that pretty much removes any motivation I would have to pre-order again. It's not like they will run out of copies like they do in a physical store, and the bonus for pre-ordering is never really that good.
-
The Ebola Threat
The people Thomas Eric Duncan came in close contact with still haven't developed any signs of infection.
-
NFL 2014 Season
It's more surprising that they can afford tickets to the new stadium. That place is pricey. Maybe it's just keeping out all the honest folks.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
If I could cancel pre-orders on Steam, I would have. DF is not running themselves like a trustworthy company. Why can't you cancel pre-orders on Steam? I've done it before.
-
Fat Athletes With Wood - aka The Baseball 2014 Thread
Well you can't expect to win every game when you don't score in the first 8 innings. It's a shame, he was still shutting the Nats down despite not having his best stuff, and then he just tried to do too much on that bunt. I think if the Giants have a run on the board, he doesn't force that throw. It will be interesting to see how Vogelsong pitches.
-
The Ebola Threat
I'm way more worried about the Entrovirus than this.
-
Drama in indy gaming and games journalism
Eh, it's not a big deal. I think the title is just bothering me, it's pretty unwieldy. Other than that I can ignore the thread, since when I do check in it typically reads like a foreign language to me.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
How do they spell it out in other places? For example, the date on my classroom board says October 6th, 2014. So that's why it's easy for me to think 10/06/14, because I'm used to seeing it spelled out that way. Do they go 6th of October, 2014 in other parts of the world?
-
Drama in indy gaming and games journalism
I really would have been ok with this thread not getting a second edition.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Better recheck that. Dang differences in US/Euro timestamps. Still, I remember hearing Pillars of Eternity is being released in early 2015 a long time ago.
-
What you having for dinner tonight?
Looks like some sour cream as well. Protip- If you don't have sour cream, Mayonnaise can make a decent replacement when mashing potatoes.
-
Fat Athletes With Wood - aka The Baseball 2014 Thread
The Royals versus the Orioles - That would have been a tough one to predict even a week ago. Baseball is weird.
-
Van Buren: A Fallout RPG Adventure
As long as they aren't charging people, it's not an issue. But most companies will C&D if you try to profit off their IP.
-
Fat Athletes With Wood - aka The Baseball 2014 Thread
Just to entertain myself I guess, I read this before last night's 2-1 win: I imagine that looks even more impressive now.
-
Fat Athletes With Wood - aka The Baseball 2014 Thread
Am I the only one watching the postseason or something? The Giants have won 10 postseason games in a row. How were they not the favorites coming into this thing? It was great to see Hudson return to form just in time, I didn't expect that, and Petit got the full game in and win he deserved. Just to really stick it in the craw, they put a guy who has pitched in nine MLB games out there to close it out. The Giants can pitch.
-
Kaine Parker's Pretty Woman
I've been a very healthy semi-professional athlete for 11 years now, I might not have a personal training certification but my credibility lies in my success in that area. I guess I've been a semi-professional athlete for about 20 years. But don't worry, my lack of certification does affect my credibility, so trust people with an education in kinesiology. Oh, since I'm here:
- The Kickstarter Thread
-
Kaine Parker's Pretty Woman
Woldan you make it very hard to take any of your fitness advice seriously.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
That's from February. But yeah, early 2015 has been the expectation for a long while.
-
The NHL thread 2014/2015
I sense pending disaster for my local team.
- 16 replies
-
- a bit early
- desperate
- nhl
- hockey
-
Tagged with:
-
Statism - the fundamental dysfunction of our world
A hundred people have been exposed to that guy, how would you like to be one of them? But I guess it's OK so long as it's someone else. I'm pretty sure I've gotten exposed to SARS and the Bird Flu, given all my students spend holidays in Asia. But yeah, it's a bit early to condemn the government when right now we have one guy who is quarantined and all the people he was in close contact are being watched and isolated. What else are you looking for in a response to this? Should we send everyone into the fallout bunkers immediately?
-
Fat Athletes With Wood - aka The Baseball 2014 Thread
Wow, Jake Peavy got it done. I don't know how anyone can really bet against the Giants at this point. They get it done when it counts.
- The Kickstarter Thread