Everything posted by Hurlshort
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
I'm super impressed that Anita Sarkeesian makes money doing what she does. It's bloody genius.
- Civ - Beyond Earth
-
What noises make you cringe?
That drives my wife nuts, and I love to do it. It's amazing we've made it this long! The folks complaining about baby cries crack me up. If you don't live with one, you really have no clue.
-
Fat Athletes With Wood - aka The Baseball 2014 Thread
I'm bummed that the Giants can no longer win it at home, but I'm still not too stressed. I'd like to see Petit get a longer stretch of playtime.
-
The Ebola Threat
Here is President Obama trolling WoD again.
- What are you playing now?
-
What you did today.
I've never really understood how the media focuses on the nationality of people when a tragedy happens. If a plane goes down and kills 200 people, I don't really need to know there were 3 Americans on board to make it tragic. Also when that plane went down a number of years ago with a bunch of NHL players, I didn't get more upset than I would for any other crash. Sure, I recognized some names and remember seeing them play hockey, but I didn't know them.
-
Pranksters troll food experts with "Organic" McDonalds
Hah, I wouldn't eat that junk no matter what you called it.
-
What you did today.
I know we all like to pretend we are all apathetic and cool, but this forum is seriously way more sensitive and supportive of their members than most of the people I know in real life.
-
Drama and games journalism, soggy leg joint edition
I saw this .gif and felt the need to use it here.
-
Choose your favorite would-be-god.
It doesn't have anything to do with politics. Spouting about 1000 years of darkness is not really a political platform.
-
Choose your favorite would-be-god.
I still probably wouldn't mess with Chuck Norris. The guy was a genuine master of martial arts. But yeah, it's a shame he's a bit of a loon.
-
Dev sends death threat to Valve CEO, has game removed from STEAM
That's not really a deep thought.
-
What you did today.
It's really weird after you have kids, because your empathy levels get jacked up quite a bit. I cry at all those stupid phone commercials where the parent is missing a piano recital or stuff like that.
-
Dev sends death threat to Valve CEO, has game removed from STEAM
If the target isn't aware it doesn't count? Im going to have to disagree. It doesn't count if it's not meant. Things like that said in an impulse, for venting are not serious and shouldn't be treated like such. It's bloody redicolous overreaction. It's ridiculous to to think you can post joke death threats and not be held accountable. You don't get a free pass to do whatever you want because it is an impulse and you are just venting.
-
Choose your favorite would-be-god.
This poll was over the moment he was put down as an option.
-
Movies you've seen recently
Wow, James Spader seems to be rockin' it.
-
Dev sends death threat to Valve CEO, has game removed from STEAM
If Newell felt like alerting the police, then yes, I would expect them to investigate the matter. They would likely find little to suggest the threat was serious and file it away. But that doesn't mean this guy shouldn't be held accountable for his incredibly dumb choices
-
Dev sends death threat to Valve CEO, has game removed from STEAM
Accountability is a beautiful thing.
-
Dev sends death threat to Valve CEO, has game removed from STEAM
Yeah, you can mumble all you want about killing people when assembling Ikea furniture, but it's way different to go on a public forum and shout it out. People need to learn some common sense. This guy is a moron and I'll happily hold him up as an example to all my students on what not to do.
-
What you did today.
What the heck happened that you got bricks through your window? Scorned lovers?
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
I guess I never got a JA:Flashback key, so now I have to wait on that.
- The Kickstarter Thread
- What are you playing now?
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Apparently the Jagged Alliance Flashback game is being released today. I got in on the Kickstarter, so I already own it. I hope it is decent, still pretty skeptical.