Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gorgon

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gorgon

  1. That's probably what I meant then.
  2. So, I have a socket in the wall with an internet connection. I would like a wireless router and a cable splitter in one. Preferably with USB c and LAN cable in one so I can use that with my tablet PC (only physical connections are USB C) Internet cable goes into router,another cable continues from router to PC. Router has firewall and provides a wireless hotspot. Anything like that exist ?
  3. I agree that the reinforcement system is poor, there is a mod that increases reinforcement pods by up to 400 %. I recommend that. The use of the timer is also not as imaginative as it could be. Most annoying are the city missions where you lose your whole squad because the timer ran out. That's editorial interference. If I'm going to lose my whole squad you can't take away my control and just tell me it happened. But... compared with no timers or timers modded to include too many turns I definitely prefer timers.
  4. Pen function is the best i've ever tried on a digitiser and i can now run my applications anywhere i go. Dunno if its worth 3200 euro though. Anyway never spending that much on one again. Wacoms monopoly is showing signs of finally breaking. We are going to have better options in their segment in a few years time.
  5. It's not always, convoy missions, enemy stronghold missions, story missions, retaliation missions have no timer (although you usually lose a resistance contact every turn) It's basically just the city missions with an objective. The UFO missions have a timer but it's not critical.
  6. What disable timer mod did you use? The one I used worked perfectly. I like the timer. Mostly. It ups the stakes. I mean it does kinda suck when you realise 2 or 3 turns before the end of a city mission that you aren't going to make it and that you are going to lose your whole squad. So play bronze man and have the option to restart a mission. Without the element of time you are losing out. It's just less interesting if you can do everything carefully and deliberately and is never forced to make bad decisions.
  7. I think from their perspective there is precedence going back to the cold war in taking action against surveillance craft. They needed a very specific situation for a saber rattling stunt and clearly they jumped on the opportunity. Both parties know it's a stunt though. So what does the US do about it, well there is no easy answer to that. Maybe just saying 'stop being silly' is the right answer.
  8. Well, a phone is right up in your face. You factor in distance when you try to calculate what the human eye is capable of seeing surely.
  9. And all the PSD soldiers who are never diagnosed ?
  10. I kinda buy the notion of a deliberate campaign to discredit Clinton. Seems like a small investment for the potential return. Just the sort of thing a polonium poisoner would get up to.
  11. Straight forward on the nose rock and roll.
  12. As far as the actual skills attained, it's largely symbolic, something that society has determined has value. Hopefully you learn good research skills along the way but the truth of the matter is that probably only the person who is going to grade you will ever read that paper you spend months agonising over. It's depends the field of course. Would you consult a 'self taught' medical doctor. I think not.
  13. Maybe to save on TPD because it's a mobile device ? Wacom got a lot of flak with the last iteration of their tablet PC because of fan noise and heat.
  14. One of the above. we are talking levels of cringe that will make your testicles reascend.
  15. Only a dual core though. Didn't know they even still made those. Still should be the business for design.
  16. After you cant see individual pixels anymore what's the point. I could on my HD screen. I can't on either my ipad or my 4k screen. The 4k video he is editing is 1/4 of the upper right corner, he would have to have his nose up against the monitor to even tell that it was 4k
  17. This year from Disney
  18. Aaaand I failed. Ordered the most expensive version. I feel guity now. And those 5-7 days can't go fast enough. • Intel® CoreTM i7 • 512GB • 16GB • NVIDIA Quadro M1000M graphics with 4GB GDDDR5 VRAM
  19. Yeah it's one of the bandit camps on the road to Margarth. So.. somewhere in the northern reaches close to Margarth. That's my final answer.
  20. Drawing a blank. I'm going to say 'outskirts of Whiterun' or 'Somewhere between Falkreath and Margarth'. Alternatively the area south west of Riften. That's pretty unspecific, I know. I got 17/20 in a guess the Skyrim location quizz that I can't find again now.
  21. I still want one though. Damn. I can feel my restraint slipping away.
  22. 8 gb ram, 256 gb hdd a core i5 and and that chip in a wacom tablet pc. Estimated battery life in moderate to heavy load. 3 hrs. 2000 Euro. lol. I guess they know their market.
  23. Being a hopeless powergamer I googled the locations of all the stones of power and went and got them as the first action in a new area. You really need those if you are going to experiment a bit with your build. There is a respec potion available in Novograd and once you have it you can try different loadouts on Geralt.
  24. Anyone know how capable the Quadro M600M is. Supposedly that's a workstation chip suitable for CAD/design whathaveyou.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.