Everything posted by Gorgon
-
Laptop suggestions
Only works with side vents. The Asus above sucks air from the bottom. Near as ai can tell It's not one size fits all. Looks like it's on there with superglue as well. I mean if I had a laptop that was making a lot of noise and I was getting desperate that's probably the route I'd go. It's a bit clunky to be on anyone's wish list to from the get go though.
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
I kinda get the vibe that Chomsky really doesn't care one way or the other about public perception and that Harris cares too much and is a bit too self promoting.
-
Laptop suggestions
Yeah I know of these. I suppose it helps, although it's not actively cooling the places that need cooling the most. And it's another thing that needs power.
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
(images) HA! Good Fun! (images) HA! Good Fun! Well, a bullet to the chest doesn't leave you screaming. you don't think more than a few o' the victims o' castro were screaming? those who went down in the boats castro sank at sea or those who watched family members killed before getting their own bullet were no doubt stoic and silent. *chuckle* HA! Good Fun! Well following the Robesperian chaos after the revolution, these things tend to happen, things have been relatively quiet. But fair point, I don't mean to paint him as a nice guy or anything.
-
Laptop suggestions
That's another thing. I'm a bit of a noise freak and the constant high pitch whine from a small fan could be a deal breaker for me. Any unconventional cooling out there ?
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
HA! Good Fun! HA! Good Fun! Well, a bullet to the chest doesn't leave you screaming.
-
Laptop suggestions
What the hell kind of name is GL502VS-FY081T anyway. That's like the opposite of branding.
-
Laptop suggestions
They aren't selling in Europe near as I can tell. http://www.pricerunner.dk/pi/27-3402658/Baerbar/ASUS-GL502VS-FY081T-Produkt-Info Anyway this one sports a 1070 and it's cheaper. Of course they cut corners elsewhere. Only 512 gb total, 1080p display and It doesn't have the huge battery.
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
Maybe I should go back to funny animal compilations on youtube.
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
He never killed anyone like that. Although plenty of people were thrown in jail for having the wrong opinions. Details matter.
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CDkWN1-BwE I sometimes put on one of his lectures if I can't sleep. The way he drones on in an unexcited monotone about power structures. It's comforting.
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
Do you see anyone holding onto power Cuba in that kind of extremely polarized environment without being a dictator though. Remember they have no democratic tradition.
-
Build Thread 2.0
Well with an all in one like that one probably not much. Know a guy who got one. Seemed happy with it. Although I didn't see the point of the extra expense since he wasn't overclocking. The plate can be changed to fit any socket ?
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
One wouldn't have happened without the other. I make no excuses for dictators, just saying that the colonial experience is not just Robert Mugabe's bad excuse for everything. It is also the determining factor in the development of most African countries, as you well know.
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
They certainly helped create the circumstances.
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
The British Empire begat Robert Mugabe and Idi Amin. In a sense Castro is your creation.
-
Fidel Castro Dead at 90
Castro is a response to the US invading and propping up a dictator, Batista. It doesn't get much more imperialist than that. So yeah, there's that.
-
Build Thread 2.0
My sense is that those all in one enclosed coolers aren't all that good. Water offers the best cooling performance but possibly at the cost of headaces you don't need. I'd go for beefy air cooling personally. They make more noise than many air coolers too by virtue of smaller fast reving fans being more effective for a radiator.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
What can you expect with dishonoured 2. Do I have to go dig my 1080 p monitor out of storage ?
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Denuvo protects the DRM routines so they cant be circumvented. 'Anti tamper' sure, whatever. Same difference really. It's there to make the DRM work and prevent cracks.
- Movies You've Seen Recently Thread
-
What are you playing right now
I might bite on Dishonoured on the strenght of that. Just got a GTX 1070.
-
The 'Sidian Tyranny thread
- The Funny Things Thread
- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Denuvo is real time encryption algorithms. Something that prevents you from running a copy. How is that not DRM. Isn't it effectlvely the same as what an USB key dongle does. Constant verification.