Everything posted by Gorgon
-
The Battlestar Galactica Thread
Whats a Deus EX Machina in plot terms ?
-
The Battlestar Galactica Thread
Lee Adama is kinda flat and uninteresting, unfortunately I think were stuck with him for the duration. It's an eternal cycle of rebel against father, return to subservient role.
-
The Battlestar Galactica Thread
Who says earth isen't inhabitied already, or that they will even be happy to see their long lost kindred. Imagine them landing in the middle of a tense political situation and having to pick sides in a civil war. As for the religous themes, they're just stupid. I mean we have no clues what the values of their gods are at all, they mean nothing to us. If they are the ancient greek pantheon they aren't exactly a moral anchoring, what with human sacrifice etc. The tomb raider style ancient collapsing temples shtick is even worse. The only thing that holds promise in the main plotline is the 'buddhist' everything moves in circles theme.
-
Icewind Dale Revisited - GameBanshee Feature
whenever I start Icewind dale with the intention of finishing it I just can't get over how ugly every single interface in the game is. At least they fixed that in IWD2, which had a poorer story though.
-
The Battlestar Galactica Thread
I much prefer the double headers at the beginning and end of the series, the one offs are too short and usually can't get anywhere worthwhile in the time they have.
-
The Battlestar Galactica Thread
It's gotta end sometime. Better to end before it got stale. I can think of a few shows that went on and on long after they should have been put out to pasture. A certain Macgyver and a chunky headed egyptian fellow springs to mind. If shows don't end they turn into Lost with no one having a clue what they are about anymore.
-
US Presidential Race
There may be a point in there, but the source is so obviously slanted that it loses credibility. I mean, honestly I wonder what a site called http.://electronicintifada.net/ would think about Isreal.
-
Anyone from the old BIS forum?
I can see loads of red 'X'es
-
US Presidential Race
It's funny anyone would chose to put Farrakhan on the left of anything in any comparision. He is a reactionary racist ****. The fact that he happens to be black hardly compensates.
-
The Battlestar Galactica Thread
Anything to get off the prophecies, chosen ones and collapsing temples shtick. Strong acting too.
-
US Presidential Race
The point is, it's a loaded word used to describe what you don't like, more than it is an actual recognisable political stance. The US communist party is a joke obviously, their endorsement or lack of the same means nothing. As for Hillary, she had some ambitious plans for health care and education while she was the lady macbeth behind the man, amd I applauded them. Nevertheless, to me, her bid is only one step away from the nepotism of the Bushes. Only shows how deeply insular the political power base has become that in so enormous a country, the latest 4 presidents could wind up being very closely related indeed.
-
US Presidential Race
No one uses the word 'liberal' but a republican
-
Signature
Lensflare is always the suck.
-
How would we taste like?
With the exception of the fatty areas we are like horsemeat though, tough and chewy. The Italian soccer team stranded after a plane wreck could only eat the fatty tissues from the buttock and belly, and they were starving. And you would'nt want to anyway as cannibalism has been linked with various brain diseases. http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2003/04/10/prions030410.html
-
Signature
The colours are well coordinated, but, you used lensflare. Lensflare is the suck.
-
US Presidential Race
Guliani. lols. Out of your choices i'd say MCcain was the least horrid. I'm sure Obama means well, but you don't become president simply because you are the first black person to have a small chance to actually win.
-
If you were Qui-Gon..
This is like a virus.
-
Hobbit hypocrisy
Hobbits vs zoning comission. I'll root for the Hobbits thank you very much. Weak spot for hippies I guess. It's ain't easy to attain fully fledged eco-hippiedom, much less build a village out of tarpaulin nobodys perfect.
-
If you were Obi-Wan..
Stun driod... so,,, no
-
If you were George Lucas
I would start work on my underground lair and the army of killer robots post-haste.
-
300
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/thefed/v3/volum...yodavbush.shtml I laughed anyway-
-
Echani
i was wondering, since Germanic lore calls Odin 'Wotan', is there scandinavian counterpart to these 'Nibelungs' ? Also, I though I would share my favorite characters of Norse mythology, St
-
major let downs of the new trilogy
George Lucas is no cinematic genious. On the first series he had Spielberg to help him out, whats he done since then.... Willow ? There were glimmers of something great in the prequels, but thats all it was, glimmers, attributable to the few actors that didn't suck and hardly enough for 3x3 hours of root-canal.
-
The Battlestar Galactica Thread
Really the only ones I could'nt stand losing are Adama (sr), Sharon & Helo, Six ,and yes, Baltar. The rest of the characters are a bit too one dimentional. Apollo jr. and Starbuck get a lot of screentime, but it's pretty rare that something interesting happens. Just ihmo, of course. And yes, I have managed to watch the entire 3 series in the couple of days since my last posts. Not bad. I wish I got sci-fi where i'm at.
-
If you were a jedi..
Grayside