Hobbit hypocrisy

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/6380821.stm

I've just read all the attached stories on this issue on the BBC website, and I can confidently pronounce these people contemptible fools. They lie to the locals about their planning permission and intentions then claim they didn't lie but 'kept things secret'. :x Then they claim to be whole earth but use gas bottles when their stoves won't light and chainsaws when chopping wood looks boring. I'd have little affection for them if they were doing it properly, but at least I might respect their commitment.

I encourage you to read through the articles and enjoy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Damn those hobbitses... They lies!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!

Yes, precious, false! They will cheat you, hurt you, LIE.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This is another reason I champion the cause of their extermination.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hobbits vs zoning comission. I'll root for the Hobbits thank you very much.

Weak spot for hippies I guess. It's ain't easy to attain fully fledged eco-hippiedom, much less build a village out of tarpaulin nobodys perfect.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I don't really understand. Do they own the land or not? The articles keep saying they bought the land but ... and are they actually bothering anybody? Is it a health hazzard with their one compost heap loo? I don't see an objection enough to evict them - if they own the land. If they're more like, renting it, well, that would be different.

They may not be perfect with their low-impact lifestyle but I don't really care myself - what's the issue about the land? Just that it's not zoned for residential or something?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Can't believe you're siding with the hippies. It's precisely about the fact that no one's perfect. These people are pretending that they are when they are manifestly liars and hypocrites.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So? People lie all the time. Hell, politicians make a career of double dealing and lying. If they are leaving people alone let them be left alone... with their lies.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

They are biodegradable. >_<

Can't believe you're siding with the hippies. It's precisely about the fact that no one's perfect. These people are pretending that they are when they are manifestly liars and hypocrites.

Gotta agree with sand here. As long as they're not generally harming anyone with their business, it doesn't bother me how they choose to define 'environmentally low impact/perfect'. It falls in the realm of 'everyone's a hypocrite' to me. They're trying, at least, I guess?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Gotta agree with sand here. As long as they're not generally harming anyone with their business, it doesn't bother me how they choose to define 'environmentally low impact/perfect'. It falls in the realm of 'everyone's a hypocrite' to me. They're trying, at least, I guess?

I also agree with Sand.

Hyppies are definitaly biodegradable.

They are also biodegraded.

YAY! People agree with me! :)

An ecologically-sound settlement requires the building of strong links with local communities - it's the strength of these communities that offers an alternative to the wasteful global market. You can't do that if you're lying through your teeth at local residents and generally upsetting everyone. Your neighbours are part of your environment. What these people are doing doesn't tie in with my idea of ecologically-sustainable economics.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

True, but their lies aren't getting anyone killed.

I'm more annoyed by someone putting on airs of eco-sainthood and failing, than someone more honest who makes an equal effort. But I'll confess I have a thing right now against hypocritical hippies. In fact I'd suggest that's why they're called hippies.

-Elwood Blues

But it has always been thus. If you remember your episodes of The Good Life, you'll recall that Tom and Barbara were always scrounging something or other off Jerry and Margo, goods and labour. I don't think this lot will be getting many goats from the neighbours, mind you.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

But it has always been thus. If you remember your episodes of The Good Life, you'll recall that Tom and Barbara were always scrounging something or other off Jerry and Margo, goods and labour. I don't think this lot will be getting many goats from the neighbours, mind you.

Or spinning wheels.

-Elwood Blues

A Brit comedy... I like Brit comedies.