Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gorgon

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gorgon

  1. I'm sayin' Chuck Norris is neither cool or invincible after that. Your gandads called, they want their meme back.
  2. Brutal reality check. It's hard to worship someone who... well the whole thing just screams 'what a moron'.
  3. It's pretty normal to block out the world's woes and just worry about your own little pond.
  4. That's putting it lightly. Part of the equation though. People have spent the last 10 years callously making all kinds of personal information available on facebook and whatnot and then proceed to get mad when someone bothers to dig it up. The part of it related to threats is deplorable, but having your real life persona called out for something you said anonimously, that can actually be pretty helpful.
  5. Considering the movie is based on the autobiography of a guy who has been proven to have lied in said book, I wouldn't expect too much authenticity. Combat 'autobiographies' are more entertainment than anything else. A UK SAS team 'bravo two zero' trapped behind enemy lines in gulf war two turned out to be mostly fantasy as well. Maybe they actually thought they had killed several hundred Iraqis but things quickly got embarrasing when it was possible after the war to interview most of the Iraqis they had been in contact with.
  6. I forget the name, but wasn't there a facist network spanning most of Europe created for such a purpose. In particular counter intelligence against communism. So you have found a Swedish Nazi, so what. I bet if I looked hard enough I could find a Russian, even a Jewish one. There wasn't a lot to prepare for duing the cold war except a Russian invasion.
  7. I see. Well, it begs the question. What were they after.
  8. I don't know if this story has made headlines other than locally, but the Swedish military is currently searching for a Russian submarine and possibly it's crew. Most likely it's an excercise, like when they hugely embarraslingly sailed a missile destroyer past the Royal Navy and weren't challenged before they could have launched their enture compliment at London. It may have ended in an accident. They aren't saying, other than be on the lookout for ruskies. Below might be country IP blocked, but the short clips usually aren't. http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Udland/2014/10/19/185901.htm It's not off topic, not if this thread is about Russia being trolls, and it kinda is.
  9. The premise is that the western world is happier and that therefore its ideology is superior ? Well, the western world could be happier because of something other than its system of government and its values. You can make the argument that your premise is the cause and you can include those statistics in your argument, but (this is the important part) you can't say that the statistics show it. That's not how statistics work.
  10. The first thing they teach you about statistics is that you can't cherry pick two things and say they are related because the numbers look favorable to make that comparison. Just sayin'
  11. Have you played FEAR 2 ?. Everything is nicer. Everything after FEAR 2 is crap. Same as the DeadSpace series I hear. Only played DeadSpace one so I dunno.
  12. Actually I think it's FEAR 2 that is good, after that a lot of weak sequel soup. In FEAR 2 the level design is really good and the scares work. Graphical and game mechanic improvements over FEAR 1, which I have played at some time but can't really remember, probably because it's not very memorable. Condemned is a classic, but it's probably a bit graphically weak by now.
  13. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrX7G-1xPLs&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRrX7G-1xPLs&has_verified=1 Going off on a tangent here. Obvious bait to lure out the SWJs and get a LOT of free press. From a purely marketing standpoint it's kida clever. You deliberately cross the line and wait for the media storm. In the US in particular nerves are frayed about mass shootings. It's odd that this actually had a big distributor, however briefly. I guess the moral of the story is this. Without SJWs and a media storm a game like this would not exist.
  14. In Russia. They didn't have asphalt roads in Russia when they invaded to facilitate movement.
  15. I'm not responsible for trolls who happen to share my opinion on certain matters. It's a bit like people who demand that every muslim should stand up and declare his opposition to Al qaeda and ISIS. Because after all, he's one of those people.
  16. Napoleon and Hitler didn't have asphalt roads. They are there now, just sayin'.
  17. It's just a cutscene. The game devs more than likely had nothing to do with it.
  18. My mistake there is PVP, it's just so bad that no one uses it. Maximum of 4 randomly allocated players can play deathmatch, no lobby. Once battle commences you have to manually force attack. just..... how they managed to miss a chance to create a real multiplayer experience that would do wonders for the brand and the series I do not understand.
  19. No they don't. It's all just coop, even the arenas.
  20. Gorgon replied to Keyrock's topic in Way Off-Topic
    If it makes you feel better, his name is at the top of the test I give on the rise and fall of the Roman Empire. Although I usually just get rubbish answers like "He moved the capital 850 miles to the east." Congrats, you can memorize fairly useless facts. Settles in Constantinople an uneasy peace is maintained with Rome, but it wont last. Converts to christianity and the city becomes the center of the authodox church. This is all sans google, how did I do ?
  21. Sounds like some union nonsense to me. I don't think you need a journalism degree to write, about anything, and do it with integrity. I mean that requirement to me would have to be some pretty advanced Woodward and Bernstein stuff. In fact you would probably be better off with a thrid party without a journalism degree. Journalist are a dying breed and becomming virtually indistinguishable from bloggers anyway. Ask at any journalist campus and that's what they will tell you.
  22. Does it still only have multiplayer coop. No deathmatch ?
  23. Just finished Isolation. On the plus side it looks very pretty. A reason to start thinking about getting a VR kit. The Oculus is still a ways off but the SDK kit is here and supposedly very capable and not that expensive either. The scares get old after a while, unavoidable really, which makes me think they should have stepped things up for the last third of the game and given you a weapon capable of taking down an alien. You only have a very limited pool of weapons even capable of scaring one off. Sneaking around isn't fun if you are forced to do it all the time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.