Everything posted by Gorgon
-
Capitalism & Socialism
By that logic Ronald Reagan would be a socialist. (military spending) I'm sure Reagan would call FDR one, FDR is in reality a democrat responding to a crisis (the first great depression). The devil is in the details.
-
Capitalism & Socialism
Nazis and Socialists ?
-
Capitalism & Socialism
Germany was sorely in need of those socialist policies too, but that doesn't make the Nazis socialists. We have those two different words for a reason. The goal was to bring the economy on a war footing within 4 years. Socialist theory doesn't normally count on conquered countries paying the bill. Military spending is not usually seen as a socialist policy, although of course it contains tangible benifits for german arms manufacture, which was largely the point.
-
Drama in indy gaming and games journalism part 2
Borderlands doesn't have propper multiplayer, only co-op. Not even a PVP arena. So it gets old pretty fast. I like the visuals though.
-
Wasteland 2 Kickstarted
What I usually wind up doing is making two min maxed characters, one for combat, the other for skills and two balanced ones.
-
Wasteland 2 Kickstarted
I keep restarting because I'm not completely happy with my party. I do this in virtually every RPG but this is the third time and after having almost completed the first two towns. I know, I am not well.
-
Wasteland 2 Kickstarted
What happens if a guy bleeds out. Kinda curious because it almost happened to me. Got lucky and was able to loot a trauma kit. Do you get to create another one. At lv 1 ?
-
Wasteland 2 Kickstarted
At least get them to spread out so they don't stand ready to shoot eachother in the backs of their heads.
-
Wasteland 2 Kickstarted
Also, am i missing something or is there no cooperation between skills and attributes. Some of the Attribute descriptions suggest it but it doesn't specify anywhere if there are attribute bonuses for each skill rank.
-
Wasteland 2 Kickstarted
As far as I was able to tell I could only get a maximum of 10 starting AP if I min maxed for AP. Versus 2 extra skill points and 8 AP with 10 intellingence. Hardly seems worth it. I don't know when bonus Attributes start to kick in but that would be a reason to incresase an attribute just shy of a bonus AP.
-
Wasteland 2 Kickstarted
One thing I've notice is that attributes confer only tiny bonuses, so wouldn't you be better off giving all your chars 10 intelligence and getting 2 extra skill points per level since they deliver so much more.
-
Capitalism & Socialism
I don't think anyone is really in doubt that the Nazis were, well, Nazis, rather than socialists. Socialistst don't have a monopoly on goverment spending and populist policies you know. The end goal was rearmament and conquest not making everyone happy.
-
Wasteland 2 Kickstarted
I don't care about betas whatsoever. When the final build of PoE is out I can compare them.
-
The Funny Things Thread
Is that one of those krill eating sharks.
-
Wasteland 2 Kickstarted
Is anyone playing the full version yet. ?/10
-
Drama in indy gaming and games journalism part 2
I've just decided that I don't care about this anymore. Bound to happen sooner or later I suppose.
-
What you did today.
. No great achievement in overtaking them, they are built for endurance not speed after all.
- STEAM!
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
It's not a country as much as a housing coop for the fabulously wealthy.
-
Capitalism & Socialism
Umm I've been to Poland too and I think you are being a bit grim for effect there mate.
-
Drama in indy gaming and games journalism part 2
The moral of the story, don't listen to the idiot talking heads. Pundits, bloggers, others who profit from being in the spotlight some way or another. Look at the big picture.
-
Capitalism & Socialism
I doubt those 1 im 25 have a million bucks in their account they can take out and spend anytime.
-
Capitalism & Socialism
It still isn't that odd id the real estate is super expensive, and it is.
-
Capitalism & Socialism
Probably because it isn't true. Unless it's defined as all the most exepensive real estate down town or some such technicality, and greater New York is what we think of as New York.
-
Capitalism & Socialism
Who decides what socialism in its purest form is, you ?. Why not deal with the examples that are actually out there in the world instead.