Everything posted by Gorgon
-
Ongoing discussion of Ukraine
Wow lol. You have made room in your WW2 propaganda to incorporate both hatred of Jews and Nazis alike. I suppose because there is still a jewish population in Ukraine with some political sway. Isn't that neat.
-
Ongoing discussion of Ukraine
I take it it was an accident whoever did it. So. does it matter. Aside from the fact that the bereft deserve to know.
- Divinity: Original Sin
-
Divinity: Original Sin
You can use one of the teleport skills and jump behind a caster to backstab, but you only get so many hits, then he turns and you get normal damage. Daggers don't do enough damage to be effective over spells or skills even though they only cost 2 AP, but there are lots of useful skills that require daggers so you can usually disable a caster with a thief at least.
-
Divinity: Original Sin
Xp is communal by the way. When I brought back a lv 1 henchman she got an XP boost tha put her ahead of the main characters. Probably because she wasn't dead for any duriation of the XP earning period and therefore not recieving XP. To max out your XP earning potential raise characters as fast as possible.
- Israel vs Palestine
-
Israel vs Palestine
What the hells is bizarre about trying to calculate civilian casualties. Military planners do that all the time. Why is that 'irrelevant' all of a sudden. IDF went up in their helicopters and marked everything that vaugely looked like a tripod for launching the homemade rockets and hit them with missiles and artillery. This resulted in what would be deemed uncacceptable civilian casualties anywhere else, but because it's Gaza everyone just thinks 'business as usual'.
-
Israel vs Palestine
I'm talking about civilian casualties here, which are entirely predictable. I don't subscribe to the notion that Palestinean civilians deserve what's comming to them because of the terror attacks. IF we were talking about two armies squaring up against eachother then it would measure who was the most effective, but that's not the case now is it. Israel claims to have reduced Hamas' rocket capacity by 33%. In other words, next to nothing has been achieved. How many months of building rockets in basements is that ?. In the final analysis Israli response ends up being pointless punitive strikes, a price Hamas will gladly pay if they think it will improve their bargaining position.
- Divinity: Original Sin
-
Israel vs Palestine
Couple of instant knock backs: 1) Rockets are artillery. 2) It's "Command and control" not "in control" And even if the above were true, what does that make the guys firing rockets at Israel? What does that make people who believe in using military force against Israel? I can't say this enough... I don't track this issue and I don't have a side. But portraying the Gazans as innocent concentration camp victims is bs. It's not that simple, and I suggest anyone who tries to convince you of that notion is simply trying to manipulate you. Two wrongs don't make a right and he isn't portraying one side as 'innocent'. When it comes to inflicting civilian casualties the Isralies have the lead though. Of course that matters when considering the whole picture. It's 312 palestinean casualties to 2 Israli this time around apparently. Hard to say how many were non combatants but given the method it's likely to be a majority. When you see this repeated time and time again the distinction between terror attack and reprisal starts to become irrelevant.
-
What you did today
Why would writing down previous dreams help to remember new ones. Memory doesn't work like that. I suspect the reason I don't remember mine is that I can only fall asleep when I am completely exhausted. You know when your eyelids begin to smart and you find yourself nodding off every few minuites.
- Divinity: Original Sin
- KaineParker's Hopefully Attractive Women Thread Episode V: A Striking Back
- KaineParker's Hopefully Attractive Women Thread Episode V: A Striking Back
-
Israel vs Palestine
Couple of instant knock backs: 1) Rockets are artillery. 2) It's "Command and control" not "in control" And even if the above were true, what does that make the guys firing rockets at Israel? What does that make people who believe in using military force against Israel? I can't say this enough... I don't track this issue and I don't have a side. But portraying the Gazans as innocent concentration camp victims is bs. It's not that simple, and I suggest anyone who tries to convince you of that notion is simply trying to manipulate you. Two wrongs don't make a right and he isn't portraying one side as 'innocent'. When it comes to inflicting civilian casualties the Isralies have the lead though. Of course that matters when considering the whole picture.
-
Build Thread
Sometimes no OS is extra because of the OEM stranglehold Microsoft enjoys.
-
Divinity: Original Sin
You do get 3 action bars and you can put whatever you want in them. You can't see all action bars at the same time, though. That was what I meant and as already pointed out you can't do something useful with it like the scroll button but have to try and hit a tiny pixel concentration every time which might be several times per turn for each character at higher levels. They could have taken a page from ToB or was it NWN2 where you could drag the action bar out and have as many slots as your resolution would allow.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Divinity: Original Sin
- Israel vs Palestine
-
Modern wars
I would think that there is a fundamental problem with that. What if someone hacks the guidance system. You could win the war from a laptop. They would need to be autonomous, pre programmed before each engagement.
-
Wold's camping trip to Iceland
Dunno. We took Iceland over from Norway 1600 - something.
-
Wold's camping trip to Iceland
Nope. Swedish and Norweigan you can guess your way through with varying success. Finish might as well be Russian. Denmark, Norway and Sweden historically traded a lot and was ruled by the same kings on occasion. Iceland was a Danish possession until they decided to mine their harbor and we decided not to bother contesting their rebellion.
- Divinity: Original Sin
-
Israel vs Palestine
Yes, Palestinaian cruelty is why so far the number of dead and injured on both sides is so euqal. Oh, wait, no it's not. Isreal quite often has to cave to international pressure to get the peace process back on track, these overtures are, arguably, started with the knowledge that it will come to nothing. Concessions are not in Israel's interest, they already have what they want. The Palestineans don't have a moderate leader capable of pressing the point.