What you did today

Gorth

I must have quit and started again 10 or 20 times. I guess I'm slightly different in that I don't crave cigarette breaks like most smokers. I never smoke at work or at uni.

this is a slightly different scenario than someone smoking every day, all day, for years on end. very, very difficult to quit. i've been both ways and i'd say that i'm currently the part-timer as you describe, and yes, it is easier to quit from this perspective. in general, it does not bother me to not smoke at all. once i get to the bar, however, it's undeniable. 3 hours to go, in fact. :x

The healing process is painful, you cough a lot and spit up brown loogies

to the long-term smoker quitting involves what appears to be a mild cold, but for several months.

taks

On smoking, Never did it because my dad would pitch a HUGE fit about it (he was a smoker, then got cancer of the lung and had to have a third of his left lung removed)

As to what happened today? not much, made defense cap in WoW and did some rock band with friends (i'm getting really good at drums)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I made poop as well

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I must have quit and started again 10 or 20 times. I guess I'm slightly different in that I don't crave cigarette breaks like most smokers. I never smoke at work or at uni.

this is a slightly different scenario than someone smoking every day, all day, for years on end. very, very difficult to quit. i've been both ways and i'd say that i'm currently the part-timer as you describe, and yes, it is easier to quit from this perspective. in general, it does not bother me to not smoke at all. once i get to the bar, however, it's undeniable. 3 hours to go, in fact. :x

The healing process is painful, you cough a lot and spit up brown loogies

to the long-term smoker quitting involves what appears to be a mild cold, but for several months.

taks

On smoking, Never did it because my dad would pitch a HUGE fit about it (he was a smoker, then got cancer of the lung and had to have a third of his left lung removed)

I wish more parents who smoked took that stance Calax. The smoking rate has remained steady between 20-25% after dropping off dramatically when all the medical evidence against it came out. It's been stuck for the last decade despite all the evidence, and you have to figure a good chunk of the young people who start smoking are being raised by parents who smoke.

My parents smoke, and have smoked for years and years. They were always concerned with the chance I would begin smoking as well, and were surprised when I told them so (specially since, when I was younger, I pro-actively obejcted their smoking, even by throwing their packs into the trash and stuff like that). They were concerned with my health but didn't particularly took any measures to prevent me from smoking, since they're of the mind that they shouldn't forbid me of trying things as most young people will always find a way; all they did was give some words of wisdom and wore a face of disappointment.

My parents smoke, and have smoked for years and years. They were always concerned with the chance I would begin smoking as well, and were surprised when I told them so (specially since, when I was younger, I pro-actively obejcted their smoking, even by throwing their packs into the trash and stuff like that). They were concerned with my health but didn't particularly took any measures to prevent me from smoking, since they're of the mind that they shouldn't forbid me of trying things as most young people will always find a way; all they did was give some words of wisdom and wore a face of disappointment.

That's a very common behavior for children, hiding cigarettes and trying to get their parents to stop. I'm pretty sure we all get dumber as we age.

But really, there's got to be a more effective way of convincing teenagers to not start smoking in the first place. I don't know anyone who has ever gotten to 30 and been like "man, I'm soooo glad I started smoking as a teenager."

Hungover. Gave gifts of fruit and veg to my friends for their christmas feasting. Played the old strategy game Star Wars Supremacy (I think it was called Rebellion in the US). Am disturbed to note that I no longer need the translator to interpret the beeps and whistles given off by the imperial R2, which delivers status messages. I have turned off teh interpreter, and I get a whistling chirrup and know it means a ship is repaired, or a rebellion has started. Playing quite an interesting game today, since the rebls got off to a good start, and actually fielded a halfway decent fleet. I had to keep them busy chasing obsolete dreadnaughts, until my research allowed me to begin building Imperial II star destroyers etc.

I absolutely adore this game, btw, and am always on the lookout to play it against someone.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

my problem is that in many cases, i really do enjoy smoking. dunno why.

anyway, yup, broke down again last night, got drunk, but shot some decent stick. 9-ball was pretty good and i was on fire in 8-ball but managed to screw up a 4-1 lead and win only 5-4. stupid mistakes ruled those last 4 games, and i almost blew the win anyway. eh, i won. 6 in a row in both 8 and 9. oh, and yes, i'm hungover. oof.

we're going out to look at some land today. there's a few 3 acre plots in this "neighborhood" in black forest that i'd love to live on and may actually be able to afford. depends upon what the builder has done with his prices, however. i want a yard dammit!

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Today is the start of 'stress week' at work. I'm trying hard to keep a cool and level head, but the holiday season is not a good time to be working in retail. Lots of stupid ( more so than usual at least) customers.

And I'm trying to work up the nerve to tell my brother I'm not going to some party for his wife's father tonight. It's like -35 here.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I made the yearly purchase of the booze for the family. My stepfather as always gets the pick of the litter, a 21 year port wood Balvenie. It's quite a ritual for me now, and there is substantial 'flirting' with various whiskies in the lead-up to Christmas, as I come into the shop every couple of days and we get the excuse to try lots of different types. I'm also planning on getting him one of the new blackberry phones.

I'm just about to try my 'new' second-hand weights machine for the third day running. I usually use free weights but I have to admit there's something almost soothing about a machine.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I watched football. A LOT of football. I watched Navy lose to Wake Forest (I was bummed), I watched Colorado State beat Fresno State (I didn't care who won but it was a good game), and I watched Memphis get the stew beaten out of them by USF. Now watching Dallas and Baltimore. I barely got out of the chair today. Now I'm going to make peanut putter and strawberry sandwich, get another beer, and finish the game.

I think tomorrow I'm going to do the same thing again. Life is good.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bought tickets for the Tiamat / 69 Eyes / Novembre gig in February :)

Also, I got unexpectedly positive feedback on FotN's 'Endemoniada' that I foolishly recommended to a pop / melodic indie rock listener.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

With my time off for the holidays, I am trying to adjust to day light hours. I'm a third shifter.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Bought tickets for the Tiamat / 69 Eyes / Novembre gig in February :ermm:

oooh nice :(

i was in a pretty crap mood the other day, what with finding out about my mother needing the operation and stuff

a girl i met about a month ago txted me saying i needed hugs and pie, and came round yesterday with a pie she'd made for me :sorcerer:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm encouraging myself to do encouraging things

As well as getting seriously fed up with Lennon's Happy Xmas (War Is Over). And other Christmas songs.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Started my day by shuffling towards the kitchen for my dose of caffeine and slipping on un-noticed cat puke and falling on my arse. It could only get way better from there, and it did. :)

Rain outside, warm fire inside, smells of cooking, and loved ones.

Warm fuzzies.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started my day by shuffling towards the kitchen for my dose of caffeine and slipping on un-noticed cat puke and falling on my arse.

It's times like those in which you need a hearty "DAMN YOU KEVIN SPACEY!!!"

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

got frustrated at my wow guild again, and started reading "the dread empire" by Glenn Cook. That book is very very difficult to get into.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.