Official E3 Thread (I forged the paperwork)

Malcador

Well... the pc show is lucky it was before Ubi's show and not after. Following would probably be a pretty bad idea. Valve is going to start publishing which means that either next year or the year after, the PC shows will be much, much better but at least this pc show has actually interacted with the audience and made use of the stage unlike Microsoft, EA and Bethesda.

It's important to not base E3 as a wholly on presentations, but on the floors too because the old E3 shows were just as horrible if not more horrible, to get the full experience one has to go and be on the floor - otherwise you probably won't appreciate E3.

The 8-bit strategy game they're currently showing looks weird...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Sounds like Bethesda wasted everyone's time and pissed everyone off by re-introducing paid mods but just calling it something else. Not a word about Starfield. And I suspect no one on this board will live long enough to see ES VI or Fallout V the way they talk about it.

I don't think half of the people on these forums would mind if they never saw a Fallout 5 from Bethesda if anything they would rejoice.

• Like 3

Hate the living, love the dead.

Well... it should be pretty clear by now that Ubisoft had the best presentation by far. And yeah. Beyond Good and Evil 2... well I've been waiting for that for years lol

Alotta great games from Ubisoft. Far Cry 5 looked amazing as well.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Skull & Bones and Beyond Good and Evil 2 look very promising. And South Park of course. The rest... Eh. I wish we could get some actual gameplay footage in these trailers and not just some completely unrepresentative cinematic, but hey, that's how you sell I guess.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Wonder if Ancel will be back on the stage for that caveman game with the giant snake lady in the Sony press conference.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Skull & Bones is solid decision by Ubi.

BG&E2 was the biggest surprise, but I don't like what I'm hearing... Ancel seems to have moved onto WiLD anyways. His first passion project has been co-opted by corporate it seems.

As of now AC:O is the title from them that I most expect to really love. But BGE2 could surprise I guess... Just the whole reveal felt very "off"

• Like 1

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So the Ubisoft presentation was surprisingly not completely cringe.  Beyond Good & Evil 2 was obviously the big surprise.  I'm torn.  I'm happy that this is still a thing and it has definite potential, but it's just such a different direction than I expected.  Of course, now we won't hear anything about the game for several years.  :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ubisoft is smart, they played their cards right.

Well, we got 2 games everyone wanted... Bubsy and Beyond Good and Evil 2. That's better than Half Life 3 lol

Now I want more info on Sonic Forces and those beautiful physics it uses for the puzzles.

Edited by SonicMage117

Ubisoft is smart, they played their cards right.

Well, we got 2 games everyone wanted... Bubsy and Beyond Good and Evil 2. That's better than Half Life 3 lol

Now I want more info on Sonic Forces and those beautiful physics it uses for the puzzles.

HL3 is always better. But I'm pretty sure OG Valve is dead. So whatever, HL3 will probably never happen in the way we want. I don't know if Source is even up to a premier single-player experience when IdTech6 and Frostbite are so far ahead technology wise.

The Spiderman game looked impressive...  in that heavily scripted sequence.  I wonder what the majority of gameplay will be like?  

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Spiderman game looked impressive...  in that heavily scripted sequence.  I wonder what the majority of gameplay will be like?

Mixtue of non-linear and linear inside an open-world sandbox. The story missions will be linear, with scripted parts... kinda like Tomb Raider and Uncharted games while allowing you to have the freedom of past Spiderman games. Of course this map of New York Ciry is going to dwarf the past Spiderman games and that's saying something because Spiderman 2 the video game has a massive map. Someone made a great comparison that Spiderman is a mixture of Batman Arkham City, Uncharted and Watch Dogs and I think that's spot on. It's going to be a phenomenal game and it's made by Insomniac who's never really made a bad game.

Overall about E3...

I think Sony and Ubi had the best presentations so far, the fact that Sony stuck to exclusives that will never be on pc is a good thing. They didn't disappoint :) Ubisoft just surpirsed everyone with how good they can continue to be. They are versatile and know where they want to go. I respect them for that.

But did anyone notice that this years E3 was severely lacking the usual emphasis on rpg's that E3 usually possesses... but it's nice to see action/adventure games like Spider-Man and Beyond Good and Evil get some eyes.

Microsoft focused on hardware, and Sony focused on software. It's a shame that Microsoft focused on so much that has already been on pc and trying to make them look like something new. I wouldn't even want to talk about the Devolver or PC shows...

Sony's conference was good but I was hoping for a few more surprises. 

Also, that God of War game...I am glad the kid didn't drop the N word while talking to Kratos. Where the heck was he raised in, New Jersey? That accent and personality belongs to a Kingdom Hearts game. The game still looks fantastic though. 

Overall I think Bethesda has held the best conference so far, they introduced Wolfenstein II and The Evil Within 2 which were the highlights of this e3 for me. That Creation thing sucks though, Fallout 4 took all the fun away from modding beths games.   

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.