Official E3 Thread (I forged the paperwork)

Malcador

Sony's conference was good but I was hoping for a few more surprises. 

Also, that God of War game...I am glad the kid didn't drop the N word while talking to Kratos. Where the heck was he raised in, New Jersey? That accent and personality belongs to a Kingdom Hearts game. The game still looks fantastic though. 

Overall I think Bethesda has held the best conference so far, they introduced Wolfenstein II and The Evil Within 2 which were the highlights of this e3 for me. That Creation thing sucks though, Fallout 4 took all the fun away from modding beths games.   

How did Fallout 4 take the fun away?

It introduced a new system which is basically not Steam Workshop and it will eventually introduce paid mods which is not good in my opinion.

Why do they talk like retards?

Because it's a video game, not a BBC Documentary.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It introduced a new system which is basically not Steam Workshop and it will eventually introduce paid mods which is not good in my opinion.

Steam Workshop was never ideal for Skyrim mods, so why would it be great for Fallout 4? Nexus was and still is the better option and is still available.

The in-game mod management is awkward, I will admit, but you're not required to use it.

As far as paid mods go, they're optional. Not playing them won't harm your game experience. I doubt most mods will have prices attached.

I mean I don't like them either, but I don't have to touch them.

Here's Bethesda's creation club page.

Edited by Belle Sorciere

I was skimming over it and apparently "creation club" is NOT "just" paid mods. You have to submit a pitch and they will look at it and it goes through several stages. Sounds like you can make "unofficial DLCs" this way. Kinda outsourcing this stuff to... anyone. If it will work like that in the end or not... no idea. I doubt it will produce a lot quality content.

The theory behind it sounds good to me. But now imagine a game like New Vegas and a developer who doesnt give a crap about Fallout lore, producing the most dumbest thing which then suddenly becomes semi official lore.. urg, no thanks.

On the other hand, this system would allow - as example - Obsidian to go back to the game and create new content, which likely will see a release and make some money. They could make a DLC sized addon for Fo4 if it would be worth the time and effort, without going through the full usual contract process.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Any JRPGs announced during SONY presentation? They promised to bring more Japanes games to PS4, so I am curious if they showed some of them already.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Incidentally, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. If you ask me, the one game in AoE series which needed a remaster wasn't the second game, but the first one - and finally we are getting one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyPlECHiXcM

As long as Xbone support doesn't screw around with UI or control scheme, I'm in.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

Pretty good CG. There just isn't much point in calling it BGE2.

Online and a prequel? I don't think so.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Steam Workshop was never ideal for Skyrim mods, so why would it be great for Fallout 4? Nexus was and still is the better option and is still available.

How was Steam Workshop not ideal? It allows people to play and rate mods and once you add a mod to your list the game automatically gets updated. It works for the most part so I don't know what's bad about it.

Any JRPGs announced during SONY presentation? They promised to bring more Japanes games to PS4, so I am curious if they showed some of them already.

Nope, but Ni No Kuni 2 has a release date now: 10th Novermber 2017

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Incidentally, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. If you ask me, the one game in AoE series which needed a remaster wasn't the second game, but the first one - and finally we are getting one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyPlECHiXcM

As long as Xbone support doesn't screw around with UI or control scheme, I'm in.

I could never really get into AoE1 because of how screwy the unit power progressions were. Units that you get in the first and second age are absolutely freaking useless the second you or other players get out of that age, and there's not really any room to upgrade them. AoE2's system was a little more simplified, but definitely better balanced and provides at least an argument for starting mass unit production early, whereas you'd only really want to do it to either rush/harass early or defend yourself in AoE1.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Hope it is better than 5. Waste of time, that was.

Detroit Become Human sounds interesting, even if I suspect it'll be some preachy mess

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I could never really get into AoE1 because of how screwy the unit power progressions were. Units that you get in the first and second age are absolutely freaking useless the second you or other players get out of that age, and there's not really any room to upgrade them. AoE2's system was a little more simplified, but definitely better balanced and provides at least an argument for starting mass unit production early, whereas you'd only really want to do it to either rush/harass early or defend yourself in AoE1.

Which is on of the reasons why I think Age of Empires 2 aged a lot better than the original and so the original needs a remaster quite a bit more.

Hope it is better than 5. Waste of time, that was.

Detroit Become Human sounds interesting, even if I suspect it'll be some preachy mess

why would anyone want to be on their side? Not something i could play .

____

So Uncharted looks fine  even though i have no idea where they're going with Nadine's development. But i already get that for free.

Other than that BG2 looked nice but as many other online and so on is almost a dealbreaker. I want Jade.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I was thinking the exact same thing throughout that trailer - it would be awesome if you actually had the choice to thwart the rebellion from the inside.

Of course epic design flaw that machines have that level of independence and critical thinking.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

AoE2 obsoleted AoE1 in every conceivable way, so really the only thing AoE1 has going for it is for people who prefer the bronze age setting. That, I feel, would be better handled by a total conversion type project, like that Age of Star Wars game. It's like playing old version of FIFA or Madden or whatever, the only reason to go back is basically to mess around with players long since retired.

XCOM 2, the trailer basically told me nothing about whether my issues with it are going to be addressed. I'll give it a proper look once it launches but it's telling that now, even having access to content I've never played before, I'd much rather launch a new game of Long War 1 that anything to do with the sequel. (I bought the deluxe edition that had the season pass but haven't played a single piece of the DLC)

The Dishonored DLC I'll likely play sometime, but I've barely started the main game. Which means Mount and Blade 2 is the winner so far by default - and that's despite it looking like more or less a HD remake for now.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm guessing they did AoE1 to test out their new tech, and to have something to give the fans. It's the only thing that they hadn't done anything for.

They said to wait for Gamescon it seems there will be a big announcement for the series then. AoE4 or AoM2 me thinks.

Yeah, something about that Detroit trailer really rubbed me the wrong way. First off I don't really like this virtuous rebel angle, but I can't imagine that Quantic would actually push a "demonize humanity" at large narrative. The problem is that all the actions were clearly tactical. Not much in the vein of enabling the player to pick a narrative direction based on discrimination of belief or philosophical views on artificial intelligence. So going off narrative alone, I can't say I'm impressed.

I'd like to believe this game will try to approach difficulty open ended questions, but by that trailer alone it seems to have a very specific voice behind it. Which makes me think they are trying to tell a politically charged story on identity. But they are just swapping in androids in place of any disparaged class. It's like they are taking the concerns that surrounded DX:MD and making a whole game out of it.

Too early to tell, but it's an odd trailer. Maybe it's just showing off a single character's viewpoint. If so he's looking to be a totally ass, and clearly didn't get the "humanity heuristic."

What a GREAT E3!!!

I was mind blown with:

Wolfenstein The New Colussus

The Evil Within 2

Life Is Strange Before The Storm

Spider-man

Metro Exodus

Far Cry 5

Starlink

Beyond Good & Evil 2

All of them stuck in my mind. That's probably more than what I've walked away with than any other E3 in the past. They didn't really show any rpg's but the tradeoff was legit worth it! :D

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

How was Steam Workshop not ideal? It allows people to play and rate mods and once you add a mod to your list the game automatically gets updated. It works for the most part so I don't know what's bad about it

I never found it very convenient.

But the internal mod management in Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 is at least as good as that provided by Steam Workshop so I still don't see the problem.

Man...I am buying a Switch just for this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=505SeLlWbLQ

That looks phenomenonal.

And the fact that we have 2 Metroid games on the way is huge too! :D

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...