RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

I don't think he likes anything.

You must have missed all my other posts then where I often enough do mention how much I enjoy tis and dat.

You guys need to remember everything is reversed Down Under in Crocodile Dungee territory. Morgoth is actually a very positive person.

And yes, I am an ignorant American and my joke about the Hapsburgs was way worse.

I don't believe any behavior or procedure can produce 100% accurate results. Moreover, whenever I hear someone claim 100% accuracy or rightness, I assume they're trying to bilk me out of my money.

In other news:

Obsidian Wants To Go All Digital

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I don't believe any behavior or procedure can produce 100% accurate results. Moreover, whenever I hear someone claim 100% accuracy or rightness, I assume they're trying to bilk me out of my money.

Coincidentally CD Project just the lost the lawsuit over the DRM removal and publishing rights to xbox version. Frankly this looks just like a desperate shake down for cash as they shouldn't have anything more than IP tracking. Unless of course the game gathers personal information which would be in itself illegal.

Edited by pmp10

Hmm. That would involve them offering the file for free themselves, as an agent of CDPR. Can't see them getting any good result if that were the case (it's either entrapment or they've voided their own copyright protection against duplication by allowing said duplication in the first place). I'm always deeply sceptical of 100% accuracy statements as that will often mean something like "we included a clause in which liability is admitted in all settlements and as such our accuracy is 100%! FACT!!! r00fles!". It's also telling that they are doing it in Germany rather than somewhere like the UK where lawyers have been disbarred (IIRC) and firms have gone out of business for issuing such letters, or the US where the extremely apropos "Shakedown" description comes from.

Coincidentally CD Project just the lost the lawsuit over the DRM removal

They did lose the distribution stuff (if you want a cheap digital version of TW2 and live in Australasia buy it now, as GOG is being forced to reinstitute GeoIP) but they won the DRM part of the case outright. They're hardly out of money though, N-B was ordered to pay CDPR the arrears they'd been collecting from the retail version as well.

Where did you read they're having to reinstitute GeoIP? The court deal only seemed to relate to the 360 release.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm really loving the delicious irony of the CD Projekt Red douchebags openly clamouring for developers to drop all DRM, only to follow it up with actively hunting down people they claim to be pirates. What a bunch of tools.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Said they were going to do this a while back, I think, so not a surprise, but still is pretty funny and scummy.

Ah right found this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-...-net-you-a-fine knew I'd seen this before.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Said they were going to do this a while back, I think, so not a surprise, but still is pretty funny and scummy.

Ah right found this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-...-net-you-a-fine knew I'd seen this before.

Yeah, I remembered that too. I thought they could do no wrong? :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

i see absolutely nothing wrong with pursuing pirates and thieves. i support this 10000x more than putting in DRM that only hurts paying customers.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Problem is their accuracy is dubious.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, I remembered that too. I thought they could do no wrong? :lol:

I don't think you'll find many people thinking that the GOG shutdown stunt was in the best taste either.

The mafiaa shakedown letters also happened with the first Witcher so it really isn't surprising.

Getting a bit long. Continued here

:lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein