Cinema Paradise - the Movie Thread Transformed

Amentep

Jared Leto has signed on to play "Morbius" the Marvel mutant vampire superhero thing. I thought we'd established that Jared's not good at face-painted weirdoes?

I wouldn't say that. I know Leto is a good actor. I didn't care for his Joker, but a lot of that is the residual of Ledger being the best version, and then his being such a radical departure. Plus the Joker is a much more well known role. I know very little about Morbius and so would go into it with no preconceptions about what the character should be.

Welp, in the end he's a creative person and in my personal experience they're all a bit weird.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What a ****ing weirdo. When did acting change to mean role-playing, or is it all just an excuse to be sordid.

Heh, hardly anything new. Marlon Brando has some really crazy stories about his 'process'

• Like 2

What a ****ing weirdo. When did acting change to mean role-playing, or is it all just an excuse to be sordid.

Heh, hardly anything new. Marlon Brando has some really crazy stories about his 'process'

Dustin Hoffman has his wonderful "method" acting.

Fun moment of movie trivia, he had a big scene in Marathon Man that was shot on a Monday, he turned up looking awful, so much so that the Director and such almost called an ambulance for him, and they were asking him what was up.  His reply was that since the scene was set after he'd been tortured and interrogated, he hadn't eaten, had kept himself awake, and had only had one or two glasses of water over the entire weekend.

Laurence Olivier, who was also on the film, got into conversation with Hoffman over this and was all "Why on earth did you put yourself through that?"

Hoffman was all "Well.. duh.. how else am I meant to do the scene?"

Olivier's dry reply was "Dear boy, why don't you just  try acting?."

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And Marlon Brando wore an ice-bucket on his head on screen for THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU.

Although to be fair, it was hot where they were filming at.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

His drunken unprofessional approach on Apocalypse Now worked well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I hated both Leto and Ledger's Jokers. Nothing against them, I enjoy Leto's music and "almost" every other Ledger film. At least Leto's joker was based off an actual Joker in the comics, as Harley was a sub-version from the Arkham video game series.

Still, nothing has yet to beat Nicholson's Joker in terms of live-action Batman films.

Although, I enjoyed this entirely different take on Gotham:

^It's a full length fan film but the acting is far better than Leto or Joker. Just proves how overrated Hollywood acting is when there are no-names who would never get recognized just because.

As far as changes for lore in the fan film, no, the lore isn't based on an "alternate universe", it's just a different approach as Nolan's Batman films were.

Batman is Batman

Black Mask is Black Mask

Penguin is a crime-lord

Killer Croc is a latino gangster

The Riddler is a African-American pimp

Harley Quinn is a prostitute

The biggest change in the fan-film is that Harley makes Joker, usually it's the other way around. What impresses me more about her character is that she has Arleen Sorkin's New York accent down, she is the one and only original Harley Quinn (in case nobody knew).

Why is this all important? Well, I don't think I need to say. Phoenix's take on Joker is next and though he has done some amazing work in the past, I couldn't see him or Decaprio doing a great or impressing Joker at any rate. I included Decaprio because he was rumored for another Joker project.

Gotham's Joker is a close second to Nicholson's masterpiece. Although he isn't officially titled The Joker, he has already earned th name throughout the show. There is a certain depth of character and feeling you get when you think Joker and it's strange that even Lego's Joker is a different version of Joker and still a helluva lot closer to feeling Joker-ish than Ledger and Leto's horrible Jokers.

That is all.

Edit:

To further clarify, I'm not saying Ledger's performance was terrible, nobody can deny the talent and dedication but let's be real, that wasn't the Joker. And the petty excuse being thrown around is "Well The Joker isn't just one thing" and that's where it goes wrong. By that logic, everything becomes Joker and nothing is the Joker, all characteristics of The Joker will become lost as the generations accept it. That is my point. I don't even want to begin with Bane in The Dark Knight Rises lol People keep disrespecting characters, their origins and what makes them stand out. Ledger's Joker was more like thr Joker's brother than the Joker. Next we'll see Joker being a girl and Harley being a guy on a motorcycle and movie buffs will say "What's wrong with that?" While people (such as myself) who respect origins and characters shake our heads and know the difference. It's sad but what can ya do. At least there will always be someone at DC who respects the Joker enough to keep the original vision intact whether through cartoon, comics or video games and that's what matters in the end. If not that then we'll fall back on fan films who will claim classic Joker :D

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Star Wars got a well deserved death. And I'm okay with that. We'll move on and get something better, oh wait, we already have... We've just been too blinded by horribly aimed blaster fire to see it! :p

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

https://youtu.be/6pa5gh9WWQE

My wife and I enjoyed it, maybe you will too.

"Makes sense. I'm not sure why anyone would risk their career over social media stuff. I guess it makes sense when you are trying to build a following, but once you've made it, just seems like an unnecessary risk."

I believe he protests too much. he must be hiding something. Only cowards erase what they wrote and are ashamed about it.

I've posted so called 'controverisal' things (*gasp* I agreed with both Trump and anti Trumpers at various times THE HORRORZ!).

LMAO

Own what you wrote.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When I see a horror film, I always root for the killer. Not because the people are stupid (they're usually smarter than the people who watch and say "I would do this and survive") but only because the killer is usually cool lol :p

Edited by SonicMage117

Well, it looks better than K-19, U571 and The Hunt For The Red October, that's for sure.

It's about time we get a new sub movie :)m

The last good submarine movie I remember...

And also