Cinema Paradise - the Movie Thread Transformed

Amentep

I don't think you guys got the sarcasm...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

When you're enigmatic tastes are predictable enough to project a frame of reference for your sarcasm, then I'll still respond the same because sarcasm begets humoring.

Do you really know my tastes though, or do you just think you do based off a few comments on a forum?

Anyway, the generated response is always more humoring than the sarcasm of realism projected so with any response, I'm alright with, though I enjoy being ignored too since most of my comments aren't for members but for the guests :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I started yelling at the open letter for spoiling the actual fate of Gamora and then I realized Yondu also signed. Crisis averted folks!

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Time creeps up.... The Lost Boys is now 31 years old yesterday/today.

I think that might call for a re-watch.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ready Player One

...I liked all the culture references, some of which made me chuckle (and most of which I "got"). But overall it was more CGI flash and effects then a good story/characters. So much cgi business the rest gets kind of lost most of the time. The lead actor/competitor was very bland - his costars were more lively. The section re: The Shining was the best thing about it. I actually dozed off for 10-15 minutes somewhere after that, dunno if I missed something vital in that time, but it just felt like all reference and no substance. The lead baddie did have that 80's baddie type of feel to him, which was amusing. I would have liked a bit more focus on the outside/real world vs. the game/avatar world.

Anyway - I'd give it something like 5.5/10. Watchable and the pop culture and CGI stuff was cool (I'm sure that part was a lot more impressive in theaters) but nothing special imo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I didn't watch it all, but they were playing the newer Jumanji film on Starz the other day. It's not really a movie for my tastes but every single time Dwayne Johnson was on screen acting like a nerd-teen in a hulking adult body, I lol'd. He's so utterly charming with decent comic timing and great expressions. He may never win an Oscar but who cares - he's so much fun on-screen.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anybody have any suggestion for cheesy horror movies?

Return Of The Living Dead 3 (if you enjoy retro zombies) is quite cheesey and yet features some of the best make up effects in cenematic history.

Trailer here...

https://youtu.be/h8-DVXVdtZY

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Watch this "Virus" (I think that's what it was called) movie from back in the days. Some alien thing makes robots use human bodies to create new robot/human hybrid thingies. Set on a freight ship.

I actually really liked this one. Haven't seen it in ages, though.

There was also another movie with a small grey alien in the jungle, killing lots of people / soldiers. Forgot the name and remember barely anything, because it must be 15+ years since I've seen it.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Anybody have any suggestion for cheesy horror movies? 

ReAnimator perhaps? Though what do you mean by 'cheesy' exactly?

Not really sure I'd class ReAnimator as cheesy, but I guess that's the problem with the term, it could mean an awful lot.  I think of Ed Wood films, for example.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man