What did you do today?

Blarghagh

Five words Shady: Get out of the city. Look for a house in a rural area. You'll thank me later!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

At the rate I'm going I'm going to fill up the internal storage HDD with hi-res FFXV screenshots in about a month. :p
... I really need to stop obsessing over seemingly cataloguing every single frame of the game. Why do I always do this. :banghead:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bought two new SSDs yesterday. One 250gb to replace my 120gb windows drive, and one 500gb to replace my 320gb secondary HDD. Should be enough for a while. Maybe I should have bought a 1TB drive right away but... ehhh, not sure and it did cost a lot more than just double.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just found out one of my friends in the states got fired for attendance issues due to medical leave, since their FMLA paperwork got rerouted and can't be submitted retroactively. >_<

The case worker apparently then told them that it wasn't their job to follow up on the paperwork and it was my friends responsibility to actually make sure it had turned up on schedule.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

... I really need to stop obsessing over seemingly cataloguing every single frame of the game. Why do I always do this. :banghead:

Oh that's right, I remember now. Boredom and lack of other hobbies these days. Sigh.

Gardened (rain is supposedly coming but it's still nice today) - the fava beans hubby planted are growing exponentially. Yes, that's right, fava beans. Never had any before, guess I get to now. Hubby grew them cause they're supposedly good for the soil, not because he really wanted fava beans. Or so he says. Perhaps I should be worried? ;)

Hubby is 3D printing something while he's away today and it's been going and going for hours. It's not a very big thing, but it sure is taking a long time.

Cooked/ate some lunch, surfed the web. Now I'm twiddling my thumbs again. With nothing better to do...time to fill up the HDD with more screenshots.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Spent the day trying to book passage to the UK. My return flight had me going to JFK, which from what everyone told me is some circle of Hell. Luckily I avoided that, next up is buying luggage. Bleh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just and back from China, a trip which I could not brag about. You guys were off limits. Sad times.

Nothing stopping you now. Let's see some pics and hear some stories.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I just and back from China, a trip which I could not brag about. You guys were off limits. Sad times.

Nothing stopping you now. Let's see some pics and hear some stories.
all in good time.
  • Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

He needs to have them approved by The Party first. :p

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The garden is sprouting. That makes me very happy!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

One of my new SSDs arrived yesterday. Took a couple hours to copy all the files over. My PC is so crazy silent now... I guess it really was about time to replace the HDD.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

^ Vet trips - more traumatic for cat or owner? I say it's about equal. G'luck. ;)

...Sitting a while on a wooden chair, in the garage, the sound of rain made me recall some kiddie rain-adventures - reminders of youth.

...Getting up again from said chair - reminders of not-youth. :p

Still good times, tho.

• Like 2

^ Vet trips - more traumatic for cat or owner? I say it's about equal. G'luck. ;)

Hahahaha, couldn't have said it better. My older cat is about 5 years old now and she doesn't meow much at all but the younger one is just about a year old and he meows frantically all the way until we are home again. 

Everything went well, thank goodness. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Bah, vet trips. Went with my mother to put down our old family dog just this week, and my last vet trips before that about a year and a half ago ended with my wife's cat having the be put down first and then the kitten we got to replace him having to be put down too due to a rare disease. I can't go to the vet anymore without thinking something's gonna die.

EDIT: Oh no wait, in between that we went to put down the inlaws cat who got hit by a car too. Yay.

Edited by TrueNeutral

My second SSD arrived today. Cloned my windows drive and now I have 130gb of free space on c:\ left to use. Yay. \o/ The days of space scrapping are over for now.

My older sister is once again gallivanting across the globe in her "retirement", doing good deeds in underprivileged villages. She's great/fantastic and super smart, mind, but also one of those types that makes you feel judged/unenlightened for your much more ordinary life. :biggrin: My entire family is/was like that. "You need fixing," "Why are you interested in that," etc. They once ambushed me via a dinner invite that was really an attempt to guilt-trip/force me into some weird life-motivator seminar series (hubby was pretty ticked off with that one). I am a Gremlin parked with a fleet of Teslas. Not much in common, yeah. Thought it might have improved some but nah. After mother's legal stuff is fully done I think ... that is it for me.

*feels depressed, grabs a blanket and turns on the TV* :cat:

Edited by LadyCrimson

^ And then hubby gets home, sees I'm grumpy, we get food, he's making me laugh, talking about his garden, picking some TV to watch, all is right with the world again. I love my man. :wub:

• Like 3

Bah, vet trips. Went with my mother to put down our old family dog just this week, and my last vet trips before that about a year and a half ago ended with my wife's cat having the be put down first and then the kitten we got to replace him having to be put down too due to a rare disease. I can't go to the vet anymore without thinking something's gonna die.

EDIT: Oh no wait, in between that we went to put down the inlaws cat who got hit by a car too. Yay.

Sorry you had to go through that again. I'm sure it brought back bad memories,.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I did my taxes tonight. One nice thing about being a regular employee rather than a business owner is I don't have to write those greedy wretched bastards in the IRS a check every year. Getting a return is nice. Not nice enough to make me less angry about giving them an interest free loan for a year. 

Taxation is theft.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Brought my son in for his tattoo session, 8 hours on the table....ouchi

Killed some time, eating and buying some movies, checking out some guitar stores in Dublin, while waiting.

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

The wife made me watch our one year old daughter while she went out shopping with a few of her girlfriends,

and here I was going to install my new MSI GTX 1070 8GB Gaming X card yesterday (the GTX 1070 is going

to replace a GTX 960 4GB I been using). Maybe I'll get some free time to do the upgrade today, I just have to 

give our dog a freaking bath first.. oh joy this is going to be fun.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´