What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Is there an early access/beta you haven't played though? :)

Loads!

But I have a predisposition to certain games, so there are certain EA games that will have me all excited and post about :)

I mean, you know that the moment I am allowed to play Necromunda, you people will drown in screenshots ;)

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Still on Stellaris. I eventually joined a federation with a Rogue Servitor and a Hive Mind. The League of non-aligned worlds hates me, sees me as a threat since I single handedly fought them all off in the War In Heaven and then wiped out four Fallen/Awakened Empires. The fifth was devoured by the Contingency. And once the Contingency was gone, the mutual threat modifier was gone, so even the "nice" members of the League hate my guts.

And maybe for blowing up that one capital planet.

But I've got allies, I've got vassals, and there's a purifier empire out there that's probably the second strongest empire in the game. The purifier is well situated with only one way into his sprawling empire, and his direct enemy is the same guy I've been exploding, so it's easy pickings.

So it's not quite me against the whole galaxy. I'm almost at 2700 at this point, but I'm not quitting until I hit a victory screen.

Also Chaos;Child. I'm really loving it, it's almost as good as Steins;Gate. Going through some side routes that are filler on the way to the true end.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing Trails of Cold Steel 2. There's a fishing mini game that acts as a hidden quest chain that completes if you catch one of each type of fish. Last night I was really struggling with the final fish. I looked it up online and apparently there's a bug if the game is set for 60FPS or higher. After capping frames at 30FPS, I caught the fish that owned me for 2 hours last night on my first try.

The things I do to 100% a game.  :facepalm:

• Like 2

After dealing with the triumvirate of new Elder Dragons that popped up in Monster Hunter World after I whooped up Nergigante, I started the next mission.  Right off the bat, the game made it abundantly clear that I was about to fight the final boss (of the story) with characters saying stuff like "Are you sure you want to do this mission?  Like, really sure?" and "Once you commit to this there's no going back, are you ready?  Really ready?  Really really ready, with a cherry on top?".  So I backed out and am going to grind a bit to get properly geared up for whatever super beast (an Elder Dragon, no doubt) awaits me.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Maybe it's just the time period, but I really am struggling through AC Origins.  The main story's never been tremendous in any of the previous ACs, but they were usually "good enough" to keep my interest.  This one, I really don't even get the point.  They've got the detail of what you'd see in most side quests that require you to go kill a "boss".

I'm a completionist, so I'll end up finishing it.  But the main missions are just so lacking that I find the only enjoyment I have is sneaking around and killing all the bad guys holed up in forts.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

After dealing with the triumvirate of new Elder Dragons that popped up in Monster Hunter World after I whooped up Nergigante, I started the next mission.  Right off the bat, the game made it abundantly clear that I was about to fight the final boss (of the story) with characters saying stuff like "Are you sure you want to do this mission?  Like, really sure?" and "Once you commit to this there's no going back, are you ready?  Really ready?  Really really ready, with a cherry on top?".  So I backed out and am going to grind a bit to get properly geared up for whatever super beast (an Elder Dragon, no doubt) awaits me.

Nah just go kill it so you can levle to hunter rank 40+ and then continue. The last quest you get is for hunter rank 100. :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Way better than the garbage Doom OST

Don't worry, not having any taste is not an offense punishable by death.

It should be tho.

Yeah sure, mostly forgettable tracks that can't be listened to on their own. But yet I still see people claiming it is some hallmark of metal :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On the other hand Keyrock stay away from that boss ... not because it's so difficult  but as i've just experienced, it's got so much HP it takes forever. Especially if you fail ... >_<

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Started Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

It runs well and the controls are customizable. Though, I should have read a tutorial on that DnD edition, so I wouldn't pick Shortswords as the weapon proficiency (heard that there are Scimitars +3 somewhere) during character creation.

I like the ability to write my own journal entries (mostly about where I left companions and items).

On the other hand Keyrock stay away from that boss ... not because it's so difficult  but as i've just experienced, it's got so much HP it takes forever. Especially if you fail ... >_<

Too late...

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ghost of A Tale. It's a decent stealth/adventure game. Nothing groundbreaking, but it looks stunning and plays well enough. Some minor issues, but nothing game breaking.

Couldn't get the damn thing to run. Crashes right after loading to start a new game. 

I briefly tried Cuphead. Remarkable game, its visual design and animation is among the best ever made. It doesn't hold my attention, but games rarely do these days. 

Subnautica runs poorly on my toaster but the premise and the beginning of the game are intriguing. 

After languishing in a dank corner of my hard-drive for ages, I started the "Torment that has nothing to do with that Torment", a.k.a Numenera. The introduction is still holding my attention, despite some unseemly signs of 'third world' development, such as character models that wouldn't look out of place in 2003.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Started Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

It runs well and the controls are customizable. Though, I should have read a tutorial on that DnD edition, so I wouldn't pick Shortswords as the weapon proficiency (heard that there are Scimitars +3 somewhere) during character creation.

I like the ability to write my own journal entries (mostly about where I left companions and items).

There is a Short Sword +3 in BG1 as well, though yes, the scimitars are superior (although in terms of RP, only accessible by evil characters).

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yeah sure, mostly forgettable tracks that can't be listened to on their own.

It's a soundtrack, designed to complement a game, not to be listened to on its own. And it works damn well for that purpose. Regardless, there's quite a few tracks that work stand-alone too.

But yet I still see people claiming it is some hallmark of metal :lol:

It's not really pure metal, so... Eh.
  • Like 2

I'm 40 hours into Fallout 4 and (to my mild shame) I'm having a good time.  I just wish they could have jettisoned that utterly incompetent (weird cg potato) baby plot thread...or at the very least get a truly capable writer to make it work.

In fact if the game could have had just a handful of genuinely deep and interesting characters I'd find it easier to ignore the way they tore the heart out of the franchise.  As it stands I'm trying to be forgiving and take the game on it's own merits and I have to admit that it does the Bethesda formula very well. 

After getting past my initial outrage I'm starting to see it as the Oblivion of the Fallout franchise.

Yeah sure, mostly forgettable tracks that can't be listened to on their own.

It's a soundtrack, designed to complement a game, not to be listened to on its own. And it works damn well for that purpose. Regardless, there's quite a few tracks that work stand-alone too.

But yet I still see people claiming it is some hallmark of metal :lol:

It's not really pure metal, so... Eh.

Totally agree.  I loved how the music reinforced the vibe of the game, and it also hearkened back to the NIN tracks from Quake.

If you're having fun while playing Fallout 4, then more power to ya. There's nothing wrong with that, and surely you aren't the only one. It has its advantages (and disadvantages) over other Fallout games, if we're being honest.

I didn't think the Doom ost was bad, though it's not my type of music. That is to say that I don't really listen to music that I wouldn't play/sing myself. However, that one concert they did at E3? That was pretty cool.

My favorite ost's are from Transistor and Pyre... pretty much opposite of Doom, with lush acoustic sounds and sexy female leads.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Playing Into the Breach, from the creators of FTL.

So, in the days when video game development costs hundreds of millions of dollars, a team of two people makes two games in six years and both are smash hits of simplicity, playability and originality, while staying faithful to old genres and ideas.

Are you watching video-game industry?

• Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

No, they are to busy interviewing psychologist, how to implement the most addictive microtransactions without causing customer backlash.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Now that I finished the story in MHW, I can finally pull myself away from the game, from time to time (I still play it to grind up to HR 100), so I started playing Vaporum.  It's a grid-based first-person dungeon crawler set in a mysterious mechanical tower on an island.  To put it in simplest terms, think Legend of Grimrock but steampunk.  The game is real time, but you can essentially turn it into turn-based by toggling a switch that pauses time until you act.  While I normally prefer turn-based, I haven't bothered toggling into paused time yet as you only play a single character, as opposed to a party, so there isn't really much in the way of micromanaging (which I super suck at in real time).  

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸